1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driving Technique Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Karsten Beoulve, Nov 26, 2019.

1. I tried it with the aggressive setup on a Monza online race, I was a little in trouble during cornering but was very competitive on straight.
    This resulted in a great battle and frustration for my opponents incapable to overtake on straight.

2. CmdrCody

CmdrCody Rookie

I got confident driving the Aston V8 so that's my go-to car now. I might try out some other cars in practice sessions, but in races I'll stick to the Aston.

I really like how the different cars all feel unique in ACC. In GTS, they're all a bit bland and too similar.

3. Thanks man I’ll check it out.

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

My main car is the Gentleman AMG for serious racing, as it´s quite easy to drive and I seem to get the best times out of it.
    When I do a less serious race, like 20 minutes public MP I often choose the V12 Monster just because it sounds so nice (and because it puts a smile on my face when I can overtake opponents with a car that is basically 7 years old).
    And for tracks like Zolder I like to drive the 991.2 every now and than because it´s just one of the coolest cars included.

5. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

For some reason I've settled with 2019 Lambo, it just works for me. Tried every other car of course, and keep coming back to them for fun time but...Lambo just became my weapon. And I just love the engine sound.

And I kinda like that I'm usually only one with Lambo in the online race, very rare to see other one.

pdf3108 likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Ive been a fan of the McLaren GT3 cars more or less since the MP4-12c GT3 came to the original AC, so I tend to drive those a lot, although I tend to be faster in front engined cars, so I also switch around quite a bit for single races and hotstints. As I only play offline I can slow down the AI to stay mostly competitive with any car. Generally I gravitate to the less popular cars, no idea why, but the idea of being AMG driver #5691 doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'm just a GT3 Hipster.

7. Didn't try all the cars, Aston just drove really nice for me so kept that.
    [​IMG]

Arlo likes this.
  8. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

My advice on the BMW. Pick a track you are really good at load the aggressive setup and just drive for a while and learn what it wants. Start slower at first.

For me it was the car I could just drive and feel comfortable in right away. I found it to be very predictable in the corners and over the curbs. It sometimes has trouble getting power down but that could be me.

Other say it’s slow but I have never had a problem there it will out drag race most cars just have to get turbo spooling before corner exit. I do wish it was better on the brakes.

Still have to try the Suzuka setup and see how it is. I’m definitely no alien but i’m getting 1:59 at Silverstone and I’m competitive at Monza and zolder with it. But those are track I’ve spent most time at

$parkmastertape likes this.
  9. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I started on the Mercedes and I will likely keep driving it in my current league. I have wanted to try other cars more seriously but I keep finding the AMG is the safe zone for me at this time. I am wondering if other cars will be better for me though.

10. redadeg

redadeg Racer

WTF?

What i am doing wrong? I have such a hard Lift-Off-Oversteer after the long straight in Paul Ricard....

BUT: not always...so i am guessing its my fault from time to time that i turn in to aggressivly?

Anty (setup?) tipps to lower this problem Driving advices?

11. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Well, no issues with the Ferrari there, BUT in the next long right-hander, I tended to basicaly drift through the corner....
    Then at one point I realised, I was just too aggressive there.
    So I do think it might be that you are just turning in too fast or too aggressive.

Try braking a bit more before the corner, and accelerate through it.
    See if it helps. - Increasing the rear wing should also help, but that will reduce your speed a bit.

Also you can try the safe setup, and the aggressive, and see if they behave the same.

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

13. Thanks guys!

14. Less mass transfer. So brake less, but a bit longer, and keep the throttle steady when you get back on it.

Creegz likes this.
  15. Creegz

Creegz Racer

Ideally, brake a little earlier and be less aggressive on input but if you're already doing that and still experiencing this you can try to stiffen the front suspension a bit or increase the rear slow rebound speed a notch or two. Rear downforce could also help in this situation. But try making your inputs a little smoother to stop the weight transferring so aggressively.

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

post a video

17. Here's a video that gives a great look (in my opinion) on what you should be doing to reach the limit of your car. It is intended for all cars in all games, so maybe some things aren't that easy on a GT3 in ACC, but is definitely worth a watch

18. Kris.May

Kris.May Gamer

Very late reply, try watching your replay. Are you braking on your braking markers on your replay? Definitely not, maybe 20-30m after the marker because of latency.

19. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Just did my first 2:18.5 at SPA. Mega stoked from it.
    Mclaren on Aggressive - changed tires pressures, and dropped brake ducts by 1 on front & back
    Hotlap with optimum conditions at 1PM 30 / 39 degrees

I used to drive the Aston, and watched Aris' vid to try to get his cornering speed, braking / acceleration points, but the car would slide when I got them.
    My best lap time was 2:20.2, but I was normally around 2:21.

Changed to McLaren and watched some vids from Nils and saw how much they coasted the car. Started trying that and started doing 2:20's right away with a 2:19.8. Wicked happy from that.
    Race pace was 2:21's with the occassional 2:20.

Went to HotLap to try changes and here are the results.
    upload_2020-6-20_9-27-44.png
    The very high laps were when I tried things and span out, went wide, etc.

I was extremely happy when I got 2:19's twice in a row, then adjusted some stuff, and then last 5 laps are amazing.
    The 2:18.5 was a great corner going onto the final straight and gave me close to 0.3 if I got it right.

Annoying thing about three of these invalid laps is that it was from having 145 exit speed as the max is 144. It was normal lines as far as I knew.

Here is a link to the replay if anyone is interested.

I can upload Motec as well if anyone wants.

mystek, EsxPaul and David Danser like this.
  20. mystek

mystek Racer

Welcome home Burnley . I did my first 2:18 1 month ago as well. What is funny for me, when I watching David Perel on Youtube and his driving I couldn't get it how the f they can go 2:17 during race on Spa (and I couldn't) when for example on Silversone (and others tracks as well) where I didn't play many times I am able to do 1:59 during race like real GT3 drivers in ACC (like David and others). Spa is my Achilles' heel, so I was focused to be better on it. Still didn't do 2:17, but I know where I made mistakes and where I could improve my drive. Spa is hard because it feels so slippery surface (in comparison to other tracks), corners are on high speeds and has a lot of straights (mean - there is no space for make small mistakes during cornering before those straights). Really hard track for me I definetily prefer more slow tracks like Zolder for example.