1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is your Rating today?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

Same here. Got a 2nd on Bathurst, SA still reasonably intact, all the confetti and nothing to show for it in my record.

2. GONKO

GONKO Racer

My racing was a ram fest.
    I was so pissed off today I was driven to revenge on a guy who just drove through me at the bus stop chicane at spa.

3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Oh please...
    Eye for an eye.

4. holnivek

holnivek Gamer

What's the server SA rating? Did you watch replay to see what really happened? It might not be the other person's fault if they also got punted, their game stuttered, bad netcode, etc.

5. xefke

xefke Gamer

Hi guys,
    I am also having issues with the ratings. They are not updating while racing and I cannot seem to get the ratings screen in the driver menu either.
    Has anyone found a solution yet? (I might have missed it)

6. planinggg

planinggg Gamer

Why is there no ranking based on CP ELO yet?

7. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Safety rating going down when there's no contacts etc feels pretty dull. Was sitting at 99 for a long time but lately have been practising for league races mainly hotlapping alone and sa has been dropping like a stone.. Most of the sessions in the graph have gotten replaced with almost 0 thrust/0 obwp sessions. Just hope it stays high enough for an occasional cp race. [​IMG]

8. mitchgixer6

mitchgixer6 Gamer

Another example of the poor implementation of the SA rating. If you get 0/0 then it shouldn't affect your score. I understand the average taken over a set period, but 0/0 shouldn't have any affect IMHO. You'd be better training offline with the ratings disabled.

tjr, ohjeah and kamkie like this.
  9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Agree. If your unable to gain trust because there are no opponents, then it shouldn't count against you. If you want to maintain SA you then you have to remember to turn the ratings of when not racing, which means you couldn't then work on your CN or CC alone on track? That doesn't feel right.

10. I don't get how the "safety" rating doesn't prioritise time not involved in incident but only time you are close to someone else. Its a failed system as its dependant on your opponents as much as it is your driving, you can win the race clean and still not be worthy of an increase

11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Because it’s assessing your ability to drive safely around other cars without contact.....there are other measures to assess other parts of your driving....

tjr likes this.
  12. But that's all about what your opponent does as much as what you do. You're talking about people playing online games and then making a judgement about their ability if they dare to touch!? Its flawed... the ability to race safely isn't about how well you can drive the dodgems without being hit.

13. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

True to a point but then again it’s difficult to be unsafe if you are not in the proximity of other cars....your ability to run clean laps while on your own is not really a reflection of how competent you are around other cars.

Granted you can do a really good race...speed off into the distance and not gain any SA, but that’s not what the system is trying to measure.

tjr likes this.
  14. Which is fine if it was just a rating as a measure of performance, but it severely limits access to parts of the game that you pay for. You pay money but you can't access these things because of the numerical assessment of your performance based on the performance of others. The issue there being that you have to race lower level games against more aggro opposition to "level up". Its not a true reflection of the metric and limits some players or forces you to grind out SA with boring races or dull performance just to creep up the SA to the point where you can access further parts of the game you paid for.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What parts of the game are you not being allowed into?

Ensuring people are at a reasonable level for some servers that only want decent racers is a positive. Disabling ratings overall so everyone has no choice but to race with everyone no matter how bad they are in traffic helps nobody. :rolleyes:

Good racers dont need to grind anything they just race normally, if for you racing normally is boring then thats probably why your kept out of better level races atm.

Vítor Sousa, LeiF, pdf3108 and 3 others like this.
  16. Its the time you have to do it. You can't access the competition servers till SA 75? so till then you can't access that - so how do you grind up to be able to access that stage of the game. The main way to improve SA (without just being a pro driver) is to play more and gradually improve over time but this implies that each race will be nice and you won't get taken out by other drivers to showcase your skills. You need to do a large number of races as you don't just get SA for winning but for tight and close races which needs decent opposition. But you don't easily get that opposition.

One of the biggest issues is that even if you get to Silver level you still race against new players and pro players which compounds the problem with qualifying, racing, turn 1 incidents etc.. which again adds more time to the game to progress.

I've been stuck around 60-70 SA for weeks but i just don't have the computer time to race day in day out or the will to just race AI players. You look at how Gran Tourismo does it and there is a well structured format and rating system to encourage more gaming - ACC seems to think its just a pure SIM and therefore can't be bothered to sort out a fair rating system

17. OldFart

OldFart Gamer

Hi I have just read your post and can understand your points, and after the first few hours I could have written almost the same, I will add I definitely am not a pro, Having owned the game now for just over a month I am now just under 9000 points so nearly at the gold level, the turning point for me was stopping the short 20 min race's as first lap issues do not have time to be cancelled out once the group settles, pick a couple of good tracks you like and stick with those to start with, 30 to 45 minutes suited me, but found a hour one was better than say two half hours, your rating will improve much faster, also less people are prepared to waist a hour with first lap crap. dont use the instant join, you can join as a race is about to start, you leave as no practice ect that is more points lost, bit of a ramble hope you get what I was trying to say, dont give up see you on track one day

18. RapMcBibus

RapMcBibus Rookie

About Rating.
    During the 1st races I had a "trainer" for SA like the one you have and can select for consinstency and car control.
    It showed trust and OBWP in real time.

Do you know if there is a way to put it back.
    I'm actually interested in understanding how trust works

Fremen_78 likes this.
  19. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

CC and CN up and down like a whores underwear but that's more of an incentive to get them back up (CC and CN......) :rolleyes:

mitchgixer6 likes this.
  20. David Danser

David Danser Racer

So let's say you have 0 trust and obwp every race. What will your rating be?
    If it is 75 I dont see a problem with the system tbh. If it less than it seems a bit unfair.