1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion for ACC is here!

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 8, 2020.

1. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Nice app, but i encountered a problem. Inceasing "Pitch Filter" actually inceases the amount of horizon lock - not the pitch dampening. The amount of pitch dampening seems to be fixed at 100% for me. This actually makes me kinda dizzy from the camera swinging up and down (following the track surface "horizon") on Kyalami :confused:

edit:

rhm settings:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That's as per the original RHM for AC - more pitch filter gives you more lock to horizon. I have 0.5 for the Min Angle next to Pitch Filter, where you have 2.00. The larger you make the Min Angle, the more the view moves up and down as you go up and down slopes.

This the original RHMAC description of the setting: "Pitch/Roll Min Angle : the angle when the head start to catchup the car orientation, before that it stay lock to world horizon."

See my own settings in the 1st post.

3. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

I figured min angle sets the pitch offset. It's working fine now, thanks!

4. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

What’s the difference with the embedded LWW option?

5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

RHM is much more configurable and, in my opinion, gives a more natural head movement than the in-game option.

its.me and LATE4APEX like this.
  6. AusWilko

AusWilko Gamer

Forgot to say Thanks for this, wonderful app that I have enjoyed alot

LATE4APEX and WallyM like this.
  7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Interesting app.

Would it be possible to enter ACC executable path, and have the app start it by itself? That would remove the need to start two things all the time.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

See 1st post for a new version.

I have added an option "Run ACC When RHM Starts". When ticked, RHM will automatically run ACC when RHM starts (you have to restart RHM for this to take effect).

moeppling likes this.
  9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Cool, thanks. I might just change my ACC shortcut towards RHM then, and its super integrated ..

WallyM likes this.
  10. SpiNz

SpiNz Rookie

I used this in AC with great success, what a wonderful addon, but in ACC the up and down motion of seems to be very jerky, I am not sure why this is, all acc setting are at 0

Edit: It seems to be fine when the game is tabbed out, I was looking a the debug, I am not sure why this is, switching between fullscreen and windowed doesnt help either

11. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Thanks a lot @WallyM for having ported this for ACC.

WallyM likes this.
  12. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Definitely a must have app for non VR drivers.
    Thank you @WallyM !

WallyM likes this.
  13. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Trying trackhat, and tobeys eye tracking before (not what I expected in term of smoothness) I was skeptical first, now I don't wanna miss it, so far best stuff!
    Thx Mr. WallyM!

WallyM likes this.
  14. Brilliant, transformed my enjoyment on a 2.5m wide projector. Couldn’t get the right balance between too much look-to-horizon and not enough with the stock controls, this hits the sweet spot for me. Thanks.

WallyM likes this.
  15. SYBER1AN

SYBER1AN Rookie

Great program! Good alternative to trackir. I use it for a long time (earlier with AC). My only little wish is the camera movement (not roll and pitch) from G-forces. ;)

16. zzjorzz

zzjorzz Gamer

Can someone post settings so the camera acts more like in iracing? Still to much jolting en shaking for me. iRacing only sim I dont get motion sickness.

17. MABR

MABR Gamer

18. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks to Wally for the software, I unzipped the file and ran the executable. I then opened the config file as follows:

One time ACC setup
    1. Edit ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\cameraSettings.json and set "enableTrackIR": 1
    2. In your view settings on-track, set Lock To Horizon and Look With Wheel to 0.

When opened the cameraSettings.json file, enableTrackIR was already set to 1. There was no Lock To Horizon and Look With Wheel settings. I saw horizonlock already set to 0 and lookwithSteerGain at 0. I ran the program and made the settings like the ones MABR showed. I then opened ACC, went into a practice session, clicked on Drive, turned the wheel left and right and nothing happened. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot my setup?

19. MABR

MABR Gamer

If I understand you correctly, do you want to automatically look into the curve while steering? Then you have to activate "Steer Look Ahead LR". In my settings it's at zero. Since my brain can't handle it at all.:D

20. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

with such an app we can imagine lot of improvements or new features, for instance we can imagine a way to automatically look at the mirrors using the stick of a wheel (upper, left, right, down)
    upper = look at the rear mirror
    left = look at the left mirror, and so on...
    because the seat in the car is not always located at the same place it should be possible to define the rotX, rotY, rotZ, and FOV required to look at a mirror (for upper, left and right separately).