1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vi42per

Vi42per Gamer

Well, this is where I disagree. Maybe you're not going to care, as these times probably don't threaten you, but I would prefer having a fair race also on (my) low splits, despite the fact that we're probably not breaking a world record there anytime soon.

2. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Of course I don't want cheaters in the game, because then its like whats the point of playing. I guess what I meant was people breaking records and getting into events over legit drivers due to cheats is more important than a guy using it to get a 2:20 at Spa. The assumption would be if you can fix exploit of the really bad ones, the other guys will get swept up.

3. I got your point mate :) And I'm also not in the position to judge about this guy.
    But to be fullest honest we're talking about Spa. A very known track and included in the most sims out there. It's not Kyalami. Sahraoui have won the SRO Silverstone AM event against aliens so he should have knowledge about the behaviour of his Bentley. Also he've done the pole position in the race I was participating.

But seeing him driving like this at public servers leads to a strange feeling about Sahraoui.

chksix likes this.
  4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Honestly, Noone should ever accuse anyone of cheating especially personally, without absolute proof, what will happen now is that people will automatically think this guy is cheating, without proof. Please remember that there is an individual at the end of these accusations. And now is name is associated with cheating without absolute proof. It is not fair.

5. Maybe you should read my post again ;)

6. AusWilko

AusWilko Gamer

Very disappointed in the way this has been discussed, it has been skirted around the issue of cheating without direct accusations but this has lowered the tone of the forum, I know I have moved over to RD as Rfactor 2 takes a bit of my time and being here is not pleasant, maybe the oldies are happy but for new ones they must be thinking twice by now, hope it can come back but I will eatch from the side for now

7. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

Some weeks ago I was doing a MP race @Monza in a noob server (that's what I am actually) and in it there was a player which was so fast that all I could think was "OMG if you are so fast why you would race in a noob server?". Now I understand what's what.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Years ago I used to practice Karate and went to a few competitions as a novice.
    One guy who was still a white belt had clearly been doing it for many years but just never graded.
    He would enter the competition as a novice and wipe the floor with everyone. I used to think why is he wanting to fight novices when he is clearly probably black belt standard.

Perhaps they just like the feeling of winning or humiliating people.

chksix, AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  9. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Don't assume that everyone that's really fast is a cheater, I almost 100% sure that there is only a few of them. When someone is really fast it's the best way to improve, save the replay and see the line they take, it's by far the fastest way I found to improve. You should see aliens as an opportunity to learn.

GoBo, FloSimRace and After_Midnight like this.
  10. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

But half the CP population could honestly be doing something dodgy. Without ANY kind of anti-cheat solution, its too easy to get a small advantage and go un-noticed. Anyone who understands how drivers/memory work can do it, thats no secret and its super easy. Less people will bother with some protection so surely that can only be better?

At the moment and knowing how easy it is to cheat, I avoid CP. I dont regret getting ACC (although some things that worked are now not working, promised improvements not being implemented blah blah) and as long as I dont need to pay monthly I'll wait or simply not play.

chksix likes this.
  11. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I don't think there is humiliation in that, it's not the same. In your example there is a 1v1 fight and there is the possibilty to not let the opponent enjoy the "game". Here if the guy is 2s faster than everyone he will just go away and you still can have a fight with people that are on your level.

12. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

Don't get me wrong but it was unnaturally fast, especially accelerating down the straight. There was other fast players but not so rocket speed fast.

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  13. PetetheSweet

PetetheSweet Gamer

I just want to make sure to let you know.
    This is not a witch-hunt.
    I've just chimed in into a exististing line of posts and stated the fact,
    that both AM contenders postet quicker qualification times then all of the silver drivers
    and if this is legit they should be supported.
    I've just asked for a objective look at the matter.

The above mentioned people didn't get put into this by force.
    They've decided to participate in an official SRO event and afaik nobody has known them before this event.
    One might think to have heard about them if they post these kinds of laptimes on a regular.
    Even fast people who are not into league racing getting a their names known for being fast in general.
    And even if they were fast in another sim before, their name should have popped up somewhere maybe?
    If you show up and thrust yourself into the spotlight by posting very fast laptimes and win a official SRO AM race out of the blue (with a basically vanilla aggressive setup and a overfueled car),
    you should expect some attention from many angles.

It should be self-evident that "IF" something is not okay, it has to be dealt with quick before it quashes the whole reputation and success of ACC.

@AusWilko It's the official forum of ACC. This is the place where it should be discussed (not some open forum somewhere). The path this discussion takes is on the individual poster.

What I've said still remains, take a honest look to the driving-style and the resulting laptimes (videos are all around the internet) and discuss, not prejudging them without any bases.

14. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

The funny thing is that all the time someone stumble here to post an issue (or a possible issue) there are always someone that came out to say "hey, it's all fine maybe YOU are the issue. Your driving style, your hardware and so on." And this kind of attitude is going on since day 1. Come on people, be positive and proactive, we are all here to help each others and the devs to get the best game experience around not for the longest penis competition.

theivansk, kamkie, earlyapex and 3 others like this.
  15. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

here's another video about cheating in ACC back in April. same pink Audi in another video on this topic

16. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I do not think that promote a cheater is a good move. Kunos is aware of the problem. Let's them do what is needed to do.

17. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I see your point its not quite the same, but the ultimate ending is he wins the final, the same as the cheater wins the race.
    In Karate to reach the final you have to fight a few/many others, so your 'game' isn't spoilt as you still have battles, but you are still never going to 'win the race'. It knocks the shine off it knowing someone is in it to win/humiliate rather than enjoying the journey on the same level as their opponents.
    Anyhow, you get the idea.

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  18. Just received a 482MB update.

Any notes?

19. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

PHYSICS:
    - Bug fixes and improvements in automatic Setup UI system.

Nico1979, Extremosa and Coanda like this.
  20. Cheers guys! We now have 7 cp servers!