1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

Hi
    This is a great piece of software you have written, no idea why something like this isn't included in ACC already. Anyway, it's been working fine however i got the Unknown Car issue today a fix session workaround doesn't work.

I've attached the Diagnostics. I;ve just realized I'm running an older version maybe its been fixed already.

Im running v1.5.13. It was a SP practice session, do practice sessions need to be completed early?

Thanks again,

Attached Files:

2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Hi @Retrofly
    You definitely need to upgrade. ACC V1.3.13 made changes to the Broadcast API which means that ACC Results Companion V1.5.13 and earlier no longer work. The lastest version can be found at https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download
    Cheers,
    Doug

3. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

Hi
    Same issue again, only a Nurburgring practice session, seems SP practice is the only time I have issues.

Same again, practice session, but using v.1.5.15

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Doug Duthie

Hi @Retrofly ,
    I can't see why this is happening at the moment and can't reproduce it. Can you turn on Log broadcast activity, and run more practice sessions and send me the diagnostics after you hit the problem. That should give me a bit more information

upload_2020-5-12_22-2-13.png

5. Retrofly

Retrofly Gamer

No problem, I notice hotlap sessions seem to be fine btw.

6. Doug Duthie

AndyK70 likes this.
  7. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.0 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/)

V1.6.0 has been released which is a major re-write of the UI. The app was originally just store lap records and and grown (not in a good way) since then, tacking on extra features here and there. As a result, the code had become unmanageable. This represents a major re-factoring of the code to properly partition features, reduce repeated code and make the controls on the pages work in a consistent manner. There's no huge change to the appearance and most things should work in the same way.

Other news is some adjustment to the broadcast interface, which is causing constant problems

• 2nd practice sessions always failed to record as the interface always burped out the last lap of the previous session ocnfusing the recording of results
    • Each session requires a new broadcast session. Each connection was slower and slower as the provided interface in the ACC sample didn't clean up properly (thank export for spotting this). Hopefully, this is now improved
    • If there are still cases of Broadcast connections not being made (the common symptom is the "Unknown car" issue), then I've defaulted debug/broadcast logging on, so at least I can capture what is going on.
    As all the UI features have been re-written, there may be some things I've missed or that don't work properly yet. If you find any oddities, please let me know

NelsSenior and AndyK70 like this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I have an issue with the fuel calculator not recognizing all sessions/laps.
    If I recall correctly this started with V1.5.16

Have a look at the screenshots and if you need some other data, please let me know.
    ACCRC-zolder1.png ACCRC-zolder2.png

9. Doug Duthie

Hi Andy,
    Yes - I'm aware of it. Since I refactored the fuel tab, it isn't picking up the event to tell it to recalculate fuel. I'm currently looking at a solution. The next update will re-initialise the fuel stats so will correct all the data

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello

thanks for your work on this so much. This capability should be built in-game but oh well. I am thinking of donate actually.

Anyway I wanted to share my thoughts on improvement (mostly UI stuff)
    - add scrollbars! Its a pain to scroll through all the laps and sessions in Session or Car/Track history tabs with a mouse wheel
    - speaking of scrolling I can't scroll to the bottom of Car/Track history, it stops but I know and can slightly see more lines below, see attached picture
    - the divide in Session between the table of sessions and the table of laps should be movable (I'd like to see more sessions at once when I use a vertically tall monitor)
    - actually it seems like the tables as UI elements are not sitting properly in the window, its like they have some crazy size going to horizontal and vertical infinity. They should scale with the window limits. This could actually fix the scrollbar issue, if scrollbars are allowed. Maybe they don't show because the table is big enough, it just goes outside the window so the user can't see it. See attached picture.
    - the car and track pictures don't fit the frame they sit in, see attached picture
    - in Car/Track history, I think it would be cool to be able to filter out invalid laps or formation laps

As someone who dabbled a bit in UI development these should not be too hard to fix :)

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

11. Doug Duthie

Weird - all the scaling things you mention (scrollbars, scale to window and image sizes) should already be there

upload_2020-5-23_16-46-29.png

What resolution are you running at? I'll see if I can replicate.

12. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Thanks for such a quick response.

My main monitor is 1920x1080, side screen is 1600x1200.
    After a bit of troubleshooting I found the cause. Turns out its because I use custom display scaling of 105%. At 100% stuff feels too small and at 125% its too big (and in the case of your app also very blurry) so I correct it in Windows display settings. This is the first time I've ever seen any app being affected by this.

Any chance this might be fixed or is it a property of your GUI library?

Thanks again :)

13. Doug Duthie

OK - I see - it is only an issue at custom scaling, but looks to be fine at standard scaling. I've got some custom controls in there - I'll play around with the autoscale options - they currently use the default

EDIT: I've improved the scaling with the next release (currently in test). It works seamlessly with standard scaling (100%, 125%, 150% etc), but for custom scaling so things are going to look a bit wonky and mis-aligned (Windows switches from the app font to a generic scalable font which is going to mess up the alignment for various things). If I have the energy at some point in the future, I might look at moving to a fully scalable font and reworking the alignments

BTW - the splitter between session and laps will be in the next release

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    kamkie and JakubFranek like this.
  14. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.1 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/)

A minor update is available. Main headlines are:

Fuel calculations
    These probably haven't been collecting stats for a couple of releases now. The events to pick up new fuel calculations have been moved to a more appropriate place and I've addressed the issue of missing certain sessions (it completely passed me by that track codes are now mixed case). The auto fuel calculation will update now when you move to the fuel tab or when you complete a lap.

On first run, the fuel estimates will be re-calculated from history, so it may took a few extra moments to start.

Hotstint times
    The session duration is now calculated from the time of the first car to cross the start line. This means that hotstint times should now be correct (unless you incur panalties, which still aren't available)

Session/Lap split container
    Sessions/laps are now in a split container so they can be resized relative to each other. Move the mouse until the cursor changes to the resize one, and drag to your desired size

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Desktop/scaling improved
    The app isn't really designed for desktop scaling. It works with the standard Windows scalings (100%, 125%, 150%), mainly because Windows just scales up the image. This has the result that it will start to appear blurry if scaled too much. For custom scaling, a few things have been fixed so the UI is still workable and lists don't disappear beyond the bounds of the form. However, because the fonts are changed by Windows, these means that the alignments of some of the controls are off and it may look a little odd

AndyK70, Grouchy and JakubFranek like this.
  15. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Great stuff. Its not perfect with the custom scaling but still much better and very usable. I appreciate the divider too. Thanks again!

I wanted to donate a few quid to you on Paypal but the moment I change the country selector to my country (CZ) it returns me back to home page. I'll see what I can do...

Doug Duthie likes this.
  16. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Hi !

Since a week I have this message when I try to launch the app. I tried reinstalling the V1.6.1 it didn't change anything.
    upload_2020-5-26_20-27-57.png

Thanks again for the app btw, it's such a great tool !

17. Doug Duthie

In your ACC Results folder (will be something like C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\ACCResults or under whereever you have My Documents pointing to), can you attach the files ACCResults.log and ACCResultsSettings.json and then I should be able to see where the error is coming from)

18. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yup, there you go ! Thanks for the quick reply

Attached Files:

19. Doug Duthie

It looks like your settings file is corrupt - I can see an issue occurred on 24th May.

Delete the file ACCResultsSettings.json. It will create a new one with default settings (so you'll have to put back in any changes to colours etc) but hopefully it should start

Let me know how it goes

20. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

That worked, thanks a lot !

Doug Duthie likes this.