1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

2. tazza1986

tazza1986 Gamer

I ask here because a thread on lap times has been closed. Is it possible to cancel a lap from the statistics screen? I have a 1.51 at silverstone and I don't know why it was recorded

Inviato dal mio EML-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It is not possible..

tazza1986 likes this.
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

-2 here as well, after Coanda advise..
    As for delta nope..as far as I've seen, even on my dashes you can't there seems to be a limit we can see with ACC.

5. Sooooooo, between SRO going not very smoothly right now, and even our league's practice server yesterday which kept crashing constantly... What's going on right now ? It seems very unstable and it honestly doesnt appear to be a hosting problem. Didn't seem that bad a couple weeks ago.

Asterix and JakubFranek like this.
  6. Asterix

Asterix Gamer

I'm baffled by the silence from Kunos - PR/marketing aren't controlling the message, or even acknowledging anything it seems.

I assume they're working their balls off to fix this as it's hugely embarrassing right now - but for all we know they could have gone down the pub.

Mogster, FloSimRace and JakubFranek like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

1.4.2 update seems to have uncovered a couple of nasty bugs with setup and grid spawning. I hadnt noticed a crashing server one yet but only ran in a server with a few guys yesterday.
    [​IMG]

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Interesting video here on the true costs of racing as an AM driver at Nuburgring.

I really think SRO and most other real world series will be in trouble trying to get decent grids in their real series from now on. In this global financial depression caused by the WHO, there will be way less people willing to spend as much money on their hobbies.

Real world racing is a fun hobby thats quite costly and is only for those with some extra cash to burn. Many businesses traditionaly involved in racing are hurting with global car sales down, very few businesses are actually doing well atm.

Its probably going to be a sim racing era as its a much more affordable way to get into the hobby. Im sure many of us if we had an extra 100K or so to burn would get more into real racing, but even quite a few of those guys may now look more into sim racing as a next best thing.

Probably a good time to be a sim racing developer as its a market that will be growing atm, unlike real world racing that will be hit quite hard once they are allowed back onto tracks.

While people still have a home to live in, electricity and less employment sims are a good way to keep entertained. When the chit really hits the fan then things will change but that may still be months or years down the road. :eek::D

chksix and Freddie Seng like this.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

These aren't the new multiplayer features I was hoping for from 1.4 :oops:

Vítor Sousa and martcerv like this.
  10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

For all we know? Please think about all you know about Kunos and then say this again. This Kunos being silent is becoming a recurrent meme and an irritating one for sure.

jaxx_za likes this.
  11. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Best way to make sure that the flipping cars+dmg doesn't occur when forming on the grid is to make sure you are *NOT* in the setup menu at the end of qualifying!!!!

Before qualifying ends, go to your garage and stay there, don't enter the setup section and wait to go to the grid from that point. This isn't a guaranteed fix, but I've not yet seen a car "flip" through following this rule!

Only problem is everyone needs to do this so general mp will likely still be an issue, though private lobbies should be able to let drivers know and control this.

Dookie, Freddie Seng, AndyK70 and 9 others like this.
  12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Would be better if we dont need a workaround for all mp bugs past and present. I thought it was broken enough before the latest update but I guess not.

Maybe it would be better for devs to use the beta test builds for hotfix updates to ensure it doesnt bring critical bugs like this. Which users can then roll back from the beta build if needed when it critically breaks a key feature.

13. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Tonight race Will be great. Considering track, usual incidents, but also bugs now involved in acc.

14. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

We all know that the game has a lot of bugs & problem but I don't what to blame Kunos for that because I recognize that this is now almost the industry standard. There are a lot of games out there with the same problem. But I recognize that they are only following the market, which is made by us, that moves fast and it's very competitive, plus they have to dealt with communities and so on. The funny thing is that people maybe doesn't notice the level of details & commitment because they take it for granted. If there are 99 thing that are amazing and works perfectly I'll bet that everyone (I put myself in) notice only the 1 thing that doesn't work. Sure, we all want to help kudos to make thing work but you know..
    I don't want to blame anyone obviously, it's just a nostalgic thought of an older gamer from an era when you got, maybe long awaited, games as they were. And if you didn't like it, forget about having the devs listening to your complaints.

GO ON BOYS.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

jaxx_za, sissydriver and pdf3108 like this.
  15. Si.

Si. Simracer

I’ve stopped playing ACC for a few weeks now as I got fed up getting stuck in the pits in Competition servers etc. Waiting for a specific time-slot only for this to happen is demoralisingly. The worst part of it is the complete lack of communication. Just had a look in the multi-player forum and these issues are still happening.

It’s sad to see, I’ve always held Kunos in high regard re bug fixes and supporting their games but at the moment it’s very poor. They’ve clearly taken on way too much with the SRO Events, Console release and new content.

Please, just put out some communication about what is happening.

Vi42per and JakubFranek like this.
  16. flihp

flihp Racer

bit harsh mate, these are people just like us who may have families and kids, and it’s the weekend...plus current lockdown etc, I have seen several similar comments today, if I’m not mistaken @Aristotelis posted when 1.42 was released a day or two ago. Compared to a lot of of developers these guys are quite often in touch with us.
    I for one have total faith these issues will be resolved and improved upon.

17. PetetheSweet

PetetheSweet Gamer

I believe Kunos has all hands on deck at the moment.
    I guess that it is almost certain that something breaks, with this amount of changes in this short amount of time.
    I agree that Kunos should be a little more forthcoming with statements, when there is work on the servers or if something breaks.
    It doesn't have to be a perfect description of the occurring bug / problem, just the information that it is recognised as such.
    I watched the stream when Aris has said there is only a certain percentage of changes in the changelog, because there is a lot of minuscule
    changes in every update, but when the update says livery update and cars start flying for example people think that "this can't be right".
    I don't know who's the official community manager for ACC, but I believe there could be a more clear information exchange between devs and the community management, to put out the whole changelog and serverstatus to prevent people from speculating so much.

This is not a critique.
    Every company has its own way of working.
    It's just a suggestion from a humble customer of the product.

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Corona has turned everything upside down. Due to the sudden importance of e-sports, minolin in particular has been showered with work.
    Anyone familiar with software development knows that you can't always acquire more manpower to compensate for this.
    Aris mentioned difficulties in getting the data for the GT4 cars - normally you would be outside at the tracks now and would discuss and talk.
    Now some of the manufacturers' offices have closed.
    Somehow it all comes at once.
    We should be patient and trust Kunos.
    These are assumptions on my part based on statements in the streams and from my own experience as a long-time employee in IT.

19. Si.

Si. Simracer

No I don’t think so, the issue with the Competition servers (which is specifically what I’m talking about in terms of communication) has been on-going for weeks and is spoiling enjoyment of ACC. Perhaps the Publisher should take a bit of strain off Kunos and handle these matters, it shouldn’t be down to the developers anyway.

This sort of thing needs a sticky post somewhere, e.g, News & Announcements or Multi-Player, explaining what has happened and the plan to fix it with a few updates along the way. I don’t think that’s too much for the social-media person of the Publisher, for instance, to manage or for us to expect.

Vi42per and Vítor Sousa like this.
  20. Si.

Si. Simracer

Exactly, assumption, and that’s why I think the Publisher should step in and explain what the situation is with a game they have published. Then there is no need for assumptions and people will be more willing to be patient. The best way to communicate this sort of thing would probably be a news feed within the game, GT Sport does this well.