1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not sure what deck the hands are on, MP has mostly been left behind since early access. It was meant to have improvements in 1.4 and got nothing, 1.4.2 broke the very few things that mostly worked. :rolleyes:

Many people dont even have access to a CP server. They did announce they were looking into putting them into other regions many months ago. We should be happy enough with that info and our critically broken MP lobby. :p

2. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Peoples impatience and demands astound me.

Some are acting like spoilt petulant brats with an 'I want it and I want it now' attitude.

I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes answers aren't forthcoming simply because regardless of what is said some will still moan and stamp their feet.

dek, TXC_IJOJOI, tjr and 10 others like this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol yea when you havent got anything working in MP yet since release and the game has been out how long. :p

At some point we would expect something to be fixed but nothing has. ;)

I assume your in Europe or at least North America where its not as broken as elsewhere. If Europe had the same lobby as we see it I can assure you people wouldnt have been as patient for as long as many of us had been.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Forgive my lack of sympathy to your argument but something has been happening recently that has hit Italy pretty hard and I would imagine that is taking priority in peoples lives

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In case you havent notice this has effected most of the world. Most of the world has massively over reacted but no point discussing that here.

I dont see the forums closed down, I dont see devs having stopped work. They have set a console release date and are actively working on this and other future DLC's, they never touched MP features since release way before the shut down.

They have taken advantage of this situation by using their base product to host official SRO series. They havent addressed any critical mp breaking issues for users in other parts of the world before or after this shut down.

They released 1.4 and 1.4.1 and the critically broken 1.4.2. So clearly some work is going on.

They are still gladly selling the game in regions where MP is pretty functionaly broken. So your post has no real relevance to this but nice try. Otherwise they would shut the forums and stop all developmemt which clearly isnt the case.

6. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

I think that everyone who has eyes can see the unprecedented effect of the situation arised in the last few months. Who has not eyes or stares all the day at his feet can go on thinking that their priorities and needs are the only thing everyone should be concerned of. When I was a boy, I was told that the world doesn't revolve around me. Someone has been taught differently.

tjr, Clivew, Freddie Seng and 3 others like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Love all these guys, Kunos focused mostly on SRO esports which is region locked. Nearly every MP update hotfix has been related to these races. The AM entry had a rule of max ping 100ms, the CP servers are region locked to maybe 200ms.

The fricken lobby in our region is lucky to show any servers under 250ms no matter what you set filters to. The quick join never puts you in a server under 250ms, the CP server tab simply says no server in your region.

We have asked for server controlled ping limts and filters in the lobby to filter out all the high latency servers since MP was released.

Nothing has ever been done and public servers we host arent even shown in the lobby because thats filled with 250ms+ servers.

A product sold world wide should work to a reasonable degree in all places its sold. This has nothing to do with this shutdown it was broken and issues ignored way before that.

If you want to see some hope we were given last year, read this thread with Minolins reply's regarding ping limits.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ping-limits.58327/

8. Guys watch this pearl! :eek:

Epistolarius and baboon like this.
  9. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

If you want to see some hope we were given last year, read this thread with Minolins reply's regarding ping limits

Their priorities are clear and clearly don't coincide with yours. They are a small group of people and they have to focus on a few things at a time. In this specific moment, they're trying to capitalize the sudden popularity of the game due to the stop of IRL racing and content the console users that are waiting for the PS4 and XBOX release. 20 people times 8 hour (or 12, or whatever) a day makes a limited number of man-hours. I can understand your disappointment but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

anthonylroy, AndyK70, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  10. pons

pons Simracer

I remember the Fia GT races there, fascinating scenery around that lake :)
    Did you guys see the people standing on the inside of the barriers?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  11. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Now I did a drive through in a CP race and it didn't even register. Bugs are getting worse and worse in MP...

12. Radoslaw

Radoslaw Racer

I don't see a bright future for this game.

13. Nox

Nox Racer

I Love this Game and thanks Kunos for it but!!

It's time for you to take care of the multiplayer. There are so many mistakes and unavailable things.
    CP servers often do not work, the lobby is overloaded. Evaluation does not work as it should (RC, PC)
    No reasonable end result after qualifying and race!
    No full rankings from the special events and maybe a CP ranking!

this is my opinion

14. My first proper competitive simracing league win happened there, in the "wet" back on rFactor 1 haha. Group A touring cars, I was driving an Alfa 75 Turbo :D

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

See your statement bout SRO contradicts directly your statement they haven't done anything to MP.

I already noticed several times you are ignoring the fact, that the devs had MP stuff, planned for 1.4, prioritized and pushed out in 1.3.10 because of the SRO events.

And in the last days you became just toxic.
    If you don't like what's happening and you don't have any more patience left, take my friendly advice: make a break, stay away from ACC and the forum for a couple of days.
    We all know, that MP has some serious problems atm. We can't do anything about it, the devs know it and surely are working on it instead of taking precious work time to respond to all these nasty and toxic comments. It is more important to have it fixed, than to communicate and getting in discussions for something obvious wasting time.

lero, jaxx_za, JanR and 5 others like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@AndyK70 - they had problems with gt rivals, fixxed it - thats one of the issues, so much work for e-sports, complaining manufacturers and so on
    @mikocchio - what you wrote is spot on. nothing more to say.
    salt is now on ignore - doesnt make sense to rant atm. :(

17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

A simple acknowledgement from KS that they are working on the start grid problem would go a long way, even though we can presume they are. There are too many programmers in KS and not enough people who know to deal with customers.

Asterix, Racert46 and ohjeah like this.
  18. Radoslaw

Radoslaw Racer

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  19. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Dude seriously ? :D They have no PR person because they're a small team, every one of them do his/her part. If they had a bigger budget you could have customer support 24/24 but you're talking about a small studio, not Blizzard.

Chris 576 likes this.
  20. Sparksy

Sparksy Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/305504559475869/posts/4526883327337950/?substory_index=0

No PR team, yet they post about an event that nearly got cancelled because of the issues that came up in 1.4.2.

I love kunos and the game but they've dropped the ball hard here, hope a fix is out soon.

Racert46 and POLLINFLAS like this.