1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxie

Oxie Racer

I work for a game development studio that's about the same size as Kunos, and we do have a PR person. Having someone like that is very useful for both informing the community about what's going on on the inside, as well as informing us developers about what's happening in the community without requiring us to monitor our own forums 24/7.

kamkie, Vi42per, ohjeah and 2 others like this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Kunos is owned by Digital Bros, which also owns 505 Games, which publishes Assetto Corsa Competizione. Kunos aren't an independent studio anymore. 505 has handled quite a bit of PR for ACC so far and I would expect them to continue, issues surrounding the pandemic aside.

3. Si.

Si. Simracer

4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

There are so many people on this forum with there heads up there own A$%£$£s. Is it not obvious that the developers are trying to solve the issues. How does it benefit them not to. Its obvious to me that a simulation that is as a complex piece of software such as ACC is not going to be plain sailing . There are very few people in this world who are fortunate to have the skills as well as the dedication to produce the level of quality that we see in ACC. Its not easy.

So when I read the comments that say that Kunos, some how are lazy, do not care , or have no regard for the people that have paid for their product since release (us), I get angry, really angry. Not because I am a Kunos fanboy, I am defiantly not, I do not know them.
    However its as become obvious to me that they want to produce the best racing sim possible. Is this in doubt ?

It becomes so easy to criticize, sulk, insult, defame and worst of all insult people we do not know on the internet. These comments do not and never will encourage enthusiasm. It appears to me that some people are taking pleasure from posting negative comments on this forum

Look, I want the perfect racing sim , you want the perfect sim, the developers Kunos, raceroom , Rfactor2, Iracing , Automobilista all want the perfect racing sim.

So if you comment , make a comment that offers something; Something that helps others , encourages, identifies , or suggests. people will react positively to good comments , but to offer Schadenfreude, does not help anyone.

Its Just that I think that ACC is a really great sim (game), I know there are some issues. Only perfection has no issues However I want the people who are developing this game which I play , and enjoy , to know that I want your enthusiasm to continue and I as many others have appreciated what you have created. And the good thing is , its just the Beginning

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  5. Unknownuser

Unknownuser Rookie

"I get angry, really angry"

Same thing on your part. If you get angry at internet comments, you have far more important issues to deal with :)

6. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

You have to think

7. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Wanting is not enough. I want to win every race I join. But I don't.

Same with ACC. I absolutely agree with you that Kunos want their game to be good. But it isn't.

martcerv likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its funny when someone is called a spoilt brat and selfish when trying to get basic key improvements that will massively improve the user experiance of everyone outside of Europe.

The fact that some in europe dont care at all about all these people is perfectly fine. The fact the entire MP lobby and UI is so poorly designed it has no functionality in other regions is perfectly ok and acceptable for those it doesnt effect. They clearly arent thinking of only themselves.

Also read your post and others like it lol, then see who is insulting who. I am simply criticising issues and lack of any development in these areas. Nothing personal towards anyone.

A bunch of others just post to attack me, call me selfish and whatever other insults you care to come up with. Again hypocracy is at great levels in many such posts. ;)

9. Been racing MP all weekend and this morning (big grid 50 cars) and patch day never had a proplem.Proplem is they would not have there Massive Gigabit net speed from the work office and stuck with Home net.This CV19 has really hit everyone hard just remember there working from home and they chucked everythink togther in a great way since this virus crap came.Pretty sure they have worked on MP quite a bit (not sure these game breaking thing's are) never had a proplem!! there's no CP over here but i think Andy O would just be number 1 in that any's (or another proplem could be Aussie net we all know there stuck in window's dial up age still :p

10. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

This event took place regularly, good race: Perel finished second! It was Sunday ..... 25€ ....

chksix likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So you were racing in public servers with 50 people? ;) Or you used the only MP feature that works here, the manual search box to find private servers, bypassing the need to use the useless MP UI and lobby. This amazing txt search box will find your server as long as the server lobby is up, if its down there is no workaround for this. Pings are controlled by the group itself and so are a non issue for private servers as is the lobby not showing the server as it can only be found with the search box.

ACC for private leagues works ok for the most part, the admins just need to do all the workarounds needed in the background. Its everything else that's critically broken, private servers are what we are all being pushed towards. Without them and people organising private groups ACC MP would be completely useless in our region. Its good for leagues as numbers are growing but the user base that wants good casual racing without that really has no decent option, private servers being hidden means the servers most active in a region people need to find via other means as the lobby is no help there either. :p

anthony galmiche likes this.
  12. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

You don’t think it’s good?
    That’s a shame really.
    What would make it ‘good’?
    What would make it brilliant?
    What would make it the best?
    What sim do you think is ‘good’?

I know it’s all down to opinion but I think it’s better than good. I think it’s the best sim out there, taking everything into consideration.
    Could it be improved? Of course it could. But so could everything.

tjr, anthony galmiche, Pekka and 5 others like this.
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I tell you if I was one of the devs I would be at home laughing my bollocks off over this thread right now, so many children on here, don't worry kids your all be able to go back to school and go out to play soon..:D:p

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

They are working from homeoffice, most of them. Normally. Without corona (North of Italy, Middle of Italy, Hungary, Ukraine, Germany ....).

15. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

And not enough customers who know the concept of Sunday.

When you pay for a 24/7 service, you'll get one.

16. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I can't imagine my reaction if my boss called me to fix a bug on a weekend. :D I mean I program stuff on CPUs with 4kB of RAM and we manage to create bugs, I can't even imagine programming a game that works flawlessly. :eek:

JanR, tjr and sissydriver like this.
  17. grrdabrr

grrdabrr Gamer

When you let us, we will

kamkie and JakubFranek like this.
  18. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Maybe releasing untested hotfixes on a Friday is not the best of ideas.

That being said the start grid bug will surely get fixed this week. I am more concerned by the lack of communication on the server issues occuring for the past month, or the broken stats.

Jeremy Talbot, Napo24, Sba and 3 others like this.
  19. Vi42per

Vi42per Gamer

To balance the numbers, I know the concepts of Sunday. Sunday was usually SRO day :D But on a serious note, I suppose @WallyM was referring probably to the CP/MP issues that are ongoing for days and weeks, there was nothing exactly new that appeared on Sunday AFAIK and since none of them is labeled "Working on it" and they just keep piling up, I can somehow understand where his concern comes from.

Btw. the remark about 24/7 service was rhetorical and/or irony or something you're considering? I would subscribe for one from day #1 and I don't think I would be alone.

20. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

This. Can't see how the grid bug wasn't spotted, specially since it's not new. It should be in the tests checklist...

JakubFranek likes this.