1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Running ACC with old i5 2500K and Known some truth.

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by PowderGuy, May 26, 2020.

1. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

Hi Guys,

I bought ACC a years ago, and now have a bit free to play the game....
    Since my PC still strong with AC and Dakar 18, I were assume could play ACC smoothly BEFORE.

Now I realize something about this game.

This game CPU is important than GPU.

My rig is Win 10, CPU is overclock to 4.5GHz 2500k have 32 GB system RAM and GeForce 1060 6GB.
    This still heavy on gameplay.

Also, Unable load in track with 45 Opponents, Freeze to Start with 43 Opponents.
    Under 30 Opponents could avoid CPU usage not over 99%.

During game play, the FPS mostly 30 -53, Lower Graphic option can't help anything

However, in replay mode are difference, this could run more smooth over than 50 FPS with 900p resolution with Mid to High Graphic options.

I'm thought Replay mode didn't need handle AI logic and Physics could let PC fewer stress. CPU is busy with Physics and Game Logic when gameplay.

Anyway... I know the difference on High End Gaming PC what using GeForce 2070.
    Currently, I have detune the Graphics like playing Nintendo Switch or Playstation Vita right now.:D
    And planned for next Rig.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to lauch ACC [running out of memory - pagefile disabled in Windows] Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is anyone running ACC on a GTX980? Jul 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions German esports league MSRL is running (yet another) ACC league Jun 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions PC specs for running ACC in 4k Apr 24, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Podium F1 PS4 running ACC on PC Apr 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC running 60fps on a GTX 675m Apr 18, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC listed as running after quitting Feb 5, 2019
    ACC User Interface Running ACC on a secondary monitor Sep 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting After update 1.9 the game crashes while running Apr 22, 2023
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Running AC Ultimate edition on PS4 Oct 18, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How is my level calculated for running with my peers? Aug 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Running admin commands on a PS5 server Jul 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Complete Game Freeze after 2 hours of running [Fanatec driver memory leak] Apr 2, 2022

3. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but maybe this will help you out.

IMG_20200529_191641.jpg

4. What resolution are you trying to play ACC at?
    What resolution is AC and Dakar?

Simulations of any kind will always tax the CPU. Fortunately modern simulations are making use of modern GPUs too by offering photorealistic visuals.

You have some decent specs but a GTX 1060 is 970-980 levels of performance. Depending on your resolution, that may not be enough.

The RTX 2070 is not "high-end gaming PC" hardware considering how close it is to GTX 1080 performance.
    Of course, these (970, 980, 1060, 1080, 2070) are all amazing GPUs and capable of maxing out most games between 1080p-1440p (60fps) but do not expect to achieve 1080p 120hz or 4K (60fps) without upgrading to or above a GTX 1080ti.

On a final note,
    comparing AC and ACC is a pointless argument because they use different engines and are themselves on entirely different levels.

Or more importantly...
    20200529_213128.jpg

Snoeipaard likes this.
  5. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Accually, I'm running a RTX 2070 at 4k (100% resolution scale). With almost all the settings to high or epic, I'm getting 60fps at race start and up to 75/80fps in the race. Just saying :cool:

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  6. As I said, "maxing out"
    You add "just saying :cool:" like that is impressive :p my wife and I run the more powerful 1080ti cards on 4Ks yet am not impressed by its performance in ACC... especially after the latest patches.

Sure, it is possible to reach 60+ frames at 4K on the above mentioned GPUs by turning down enough settings in many games... AC being one... that is kinda beside the point.

7. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Well, I haven't really turned down lots of settings at all. And I also have not experienced a decrease in perfomance with the last update. If anything, I seem to be getting higher fps now.

What I'm trying to say is that the RTX 2070 is a perfectly good card to run ACC on 4K with.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  8. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

I know AC and ACC are difference engine. So I put Dakar 18 to comparison.

AC and Daker 18 are 1080p,
    AC mostly not racing over 12 cars, the performance not dropped like ACC, mostly keep 50-60
    Daker 18 have Most option set Epic (Cinematic is the Max level in Dakar 18), but Anti aliasing and Shadow set Low and High, Mostly run FPS 40-60 because this is Open world roaming alike rally.

My ACC was 1080p but reduce resolution scale to 83% (Near to 900p).

I have test a Full Grid Race Replay (50 Cars Dry race Suzuka) which recorded from the Zotec PC.
    In the Test, my PC Current graphics option I were set to mostly Epic, this could run with 30-60 FPS in 900p, if 1080p (I means 100% Res) will 30-50FPS.
    Doesn't like I get Freeze during I try to Race with Full grid.

Applied same graphics option with only 30 Cars on Race. FPS also much as 45-60FPS.

That means...

RAM capacity and overclock doesn't help anything. Button neck is how many Threads CPU could handle.

If PS4 and XBOX ONE version only 30 cars available in race. My PC performance is just "Okay", because performance not lower than Console.

9. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Again, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Could just be me though.

What I could make up from your first post, is the fact that you where/are trying to run ACC with a system that doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for this game. So I thought I'd make you aware of that fact. That's all.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  10. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

Most benchmark proofed my CPU is same process power, For example CPU-Z .

In CPU-Z 4 Threads benchmark, 4460 just 200 points more than 2500k stock Clock (1367 Vs 1268)
    However my overclocked 2500k is recorded 1725 points. This just between Ryzen 3 3200G and i5-6600K at stock clock, also just 60 point fewer than 9100F.
    I assume my CPU still meet the minimum requirement.

screenshot-valid.x86.fr-2020.05.31-21_19_27.png

Also, my system could handle a full grid race replay, I thought this because replay mode has never process AI and Physics logics during playback.

So my PC's CPU has not much stress and doesn't like I would freeze when I try 49 opponents in Single player runs.

Based on these researches,
    I thought. How much thread your CPU could handling, may affect Gameplay FPS and how many AI opponents in games.

When Graphics and RAM meet tier like GeForce 10 series and RAM over than 16GB,
    Graphics and RAM isn't the Main factor limited you playing with more than 30 opponents.

If someone meet recommended PC spec and not overclocked theirs PC.
    CPU not handle more than 4 Threads, I expect they may face same limitation when you want 30 more AI race in ACC. (If Console version limited 29 opponents, your PC not too bad. However, PS4 could run 8 threads.)

20200531214841_1.jpg

11. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I don't really get why you would try to play ACC with a system that doesn't meet the minumum requirements. I wouldn't recommand doing this. It will probably not give you a pleasant experience. I'd stick with AC for the moment.

12. Dakar, AC, and ACC are nothing alike so comparing them is completely pointless.
    Comparing two completely unlike games just because they share a game engine is also pointless.

Why you also compare a console to your PC in your defense is beyond me... again, pointless.

You appear to have little if any knowledge when it comes to comparing games, systems, CPUs, GPUs, etc.
    (no offense)

Best stick to getting help on this topic.

13. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I play acc on a 11-12 year old system an I enjoy it even online. My specs are I7 860 chip set @ 2.8 ghz. 16g ram with a gtx1050ti. And I can run 19ai cars on low settings some key ones on high at 1080p @ 60fps most tracks. It can be done. I will be upgrading in a month or so. This system still runs most most games at 60fps on high

14. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

Simple,

My PC could handle well most other games I played these keep 60FPS with nice graphics.
    For example, F1 2010 to F1 2019 my PC still could run 60 FPS in Max graphics.

Some benchmark proof 2500k still tough enough.
    However, I need stay in Windows 7 at the moment. (Just another partition.)

So I have no plan to change my PC

I put Dakar 18 just this is Unreal Engine too. Dakar is open world raid rally, court on Polygon on rendering stress is more or less such as ACC.
    Not a good reference? But this is the only one as comparison I could.

Also, I have PS4 too. I suppose my PC just stronger than console and this focus on Race sim.
    I said I play F1 2010 to F1 2019, my PC Just covered a PS3 to PS4 era with nice graphics and smooth.
    or, I didn't meet a game need more CPU power like ACC.

Due to I have no plan to change my PC. PS4 version ACC would be a reference to me.
    If PS4 reach more than 30 Opponents and FPS keep over 50, this cross my line. And the Time to change my PC.

Also, I check Real blancpain GT3 Race, not always keep 30 cars on grid. Means my PC still "okay" at the moment.

The Topic just talking an old Overclocked 4 Thread CPU which close to Minimum spec. Running ACC, and why unable play more than 30 cars on game play. Even the rig have good Graphic card and more RAM.

15. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

As far as i know ps4 will have 16 cars max. Also,seems u dont understand that more cars needs more cpu power. Its simple as that.

16. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

Alright, my Rig could handle 16 cars, Epic graphics option at 60FPS. This okay to me.

Not such as you thought, I understand AI and Physics is huge count on CPU process while driving the car.
    Replay mode didn't process any AI and Physics.

I trust that because I have done a experiment to proof this.
    Just put a 50 cars race replay recorded from other high End PC and read by my PC. Working fine. No Freezing.

Also, Real world Blancpain GT3 sprint races, Avg are 23 and 28 cars.
    This number of car, My PC could handle well at the moment

Try full grid? at least I need a CPU could handle more than 4 Threads. Like i7-3770k maybe

17. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Of course CPU is more important than GPU if you add more AI cars. The game has to simulate each and every AI car, and not just "decision making", but also tyre and aero simulation. This is why you get a warning if you go over 29 AI cars: this will put an abnormally heavy load on your CPU and should be avoided if you run an older or slower CPU.

18. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

Depends on game engine design, Different game have difference solution.
    Some creator understood gamer mostly no idea or can't see AI "special move",
    they would reduce a "enemies" processing like using more simple script or act like slot cars to save CPU resources. (What "coding optimize" did.)

Also, on PC, CPU would keep telling GPU draw next frame.
    When CPU is busy, this would happen like my cases.

the purpose just simple, just place a note there :
    Old or fewer threads CPU equip Huge RAM and Good Graphics Card, doesn't help anything. Even CPU is overclocked. This unable Full Grid.

The CPU structure would limited the gameplay in ACC. And I realize that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  19. Hi @PowderGuy
    Long story short: Your CPU is not capable to handle ACC and keep it playable. (60FPS in my case)
    I started the game first time with an i5-4670K @4.0 GHz just to had the same experience like you.
    Changed the CPU to an I7-4790K @ 4.4GHz and it was a big improvement. Still some slowdowns and stuttering here and there but much more playable.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-in-acc-ac1-and-r3e.59867/page-2#post-1100800

Sadly the mainboard died and I did a upgrade to the hardware in my signature. That solved the CPU limitation to the fullest.

PowderGuy likes this.
  20. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

My PC still could play FPS 60 in 16 cars, FPS 40-55 with 30 cars. in real just only 26-28 on sprint race, still acceptable for me, just like GT6 on PS3 handling 12 cars and 16 cars are different feel.

Maybe I act like "Begging argument" , but your cases result such as my expected and this proof my thought.

Also
    i5-4670K is 4Core 4 thread,
    i7-4790K is 4Core 8 thread.

For my current Mainborad, buy a 3770k maybe solution and may same experience like you.
    But I better looking for new AMD to build new Gaming rig....