1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Display comparison and FoV tool

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by jcarruthers, May 27, 2020.

1. jcarruthers

jcarruthers Rookie

Hi all,

I made this to calculate FOV and compare different combinations of display sizes; hope it helps some people.

http://mintylamb.co.uk/display/

Note that ACC uses VFoV.

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 10.40.44.png

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    sps_for_race likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Vanwall weird display Jan 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster SF1000 Display post V1.8 Oct 4, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Personal lap time displayed incorrectly Sep 18, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Explanation of a display in online mode Jun 1, 2022
    ACC Tools Is there a sim dashboard to display tires temperatures? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Samsung G9 Odyssey & ACC stretched display issue Apr 19, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Audi EVO2 fuel display in MFD Mar 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Display fuel per lap, no rev meter Mar 4, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SF 1000 display tires do not go below 75% Dec 17, 2021
    ACC User Interface Race Logic display Dec 15, 2021
    ACC Gameplay My name on the cars LED windscreen display? Nov 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Displayed name / player name Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No Dash display or rev lights on Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel rim Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Brake Bias setting and display different in some cases Sep 30, 2021

3. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Its missing 29" size in 21:9.

4. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

ACC uses vertical fov.

5. jcarruthers

jcarruthers Rookie

Oops - yeah - brain fail - corrected it.

6. André Silva

André Silva Rookie

Hi , great tool .

Can you explain a bit some of your settings, like distance from baseline an baseline offset ?

7. jcarruthers

jcarruthers Rookie

Hi André — thank you!

Baseline is essentially "zero", which is where the monitor is. Distance from baseline is how far your eyes are away from the baseline.

You can offset each monitor to simulate moving them forwards or backwards.

8. jcarruthers

jcarruthers Rookie

Someone asked to add curved monitor option - so that’s included now.

Also fixed some bugs with the screens sometimes rendering in an odd order. So now the red screen is always on top of the black - no matter where it’s positioned. Makes sense to me that the red is the comparison.

9. magictap

magictap Rookie

Hi all, don't hate...but.....i use HFOV in ACC as it works better than VFOV for me, much more consistent. My eyes are 94 cm away from 42 inch 1080 TV. just couldn't keep it on the track using vfov of 31, but with hfov or 53 it feels more intuitive and much easier to keep on the black stuff. Don't be afraid to give it an hour dedication if you feel ACC is to twitchy for you and see if it helps you also.
    Peace.

10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You don't use hFov, you just use a random number in this case.

Gevatter, ohjeah and LATE4APEX like this.
  11. magictap

magictap Rookie

12. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

That's not the point.
    Some are faster with gamepads than others with wheel and pedals...

You can do whatever you want, but don't call it hFov.

13. magictap

magictap Rookie

not sure what else to call it tbh as using a fov calc and inputting a hfov resulting number! I get your point though.

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

"Coincidence", maybe ?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  15. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Yea, doesnt make any sense to use a fov calculator unless using the vfov value that it gives in the game. Otherwise it's literally just a random number.

Pekka and sps_for_race like this.
  16. Dave_B005

Dave_B005 Rookie

Hi, can you explain why ACC cannot use hFOV as my setup is weird if using vFOV of 22.5 (48 inch TV @ 150cm). I also have plugged in a hFOV of 42 from an FOV calculator and it looks and feels ok. Only new to ACC coming from console GT Sport so have lots to learn.

17. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Well if you want to use the mathematically correct fov you should use the vfov value that the calculator gives you. That is the one and only correct value, everything else is just wrong.

I'd suggest getting closer to the tv if possible and just getting used to it. Takes some time but usually there are benefits from using the correct fov.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  18. magictap

magictap Rookie

bit harsh to say everything else is just wrong, the calcs are mathematical but not the absolute only number as personal preference, situation etc have influence also. If the hfov works over the vfov or vise versa, thats right for you. So long as you have tried (in my case persisted) the 'correct' fov until it wont work for you. As a side note on this, I move to VR HP G2, and have no fov issues any longer, I can categorically say that the wrong fov is was running looks way closer to the VR view than correct fov, in my personal case.

19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^

Using the WRONG input in a calculation, is like calculating the area of a rectangle by inputting a metric dimension for length, and an Imperial/US dimension for the width.

12" x 10 cm = ???

You will get a result, but it will be MEANINGLESS, and of no value.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    ohjeah and sps_for_race like this.
  20. magictap

magictap Rookie

agree entirely that is how mathematics works bud, but open your mind a little more and understand this goes a little further. If a game becomes more playable and controllable therefore more fun and less likely to take others out in the process, can't be all meaningless and deliver no value surely.

Yes, use the calculators and the correct fov settings first, but if it doesn't work for someone fair enough right.

21. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Nobody ever said here, do not use a random number fov.
    But you don't need a correct vfov calculator to find, what makes you feel comfortable and call it then, i use hfov, this is plain wrong.

ohjeah, LATE4APEX and AndyK70 like this.