1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unofficial FAQ

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mikocchio, May 27, 2020.

1. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

I'd like to compile a list of the most frequent and annoying questions that appear in the forum and during @Aristotelis streams on YT. I hope that it will be a useful tool. Feel free to post other questions and point out typos. Thank you.

Edit: added questions from thread – fixed typos
    Edit 2: added question from thread
    Edit 3 : added questions from YT stream

1. Can we have Nordschleife – Le Mans – Adelaide...
      • ACC is the official game of SRO (Stephane Ratel Organization) GT World Challenge and features only SRO GT circuits. So, if a track that you want is in some SRO championship, it COULD appear as part of a DLC in the future. If it’s not, you’re out of luck.
    2. Can we have GTE – LM1 – DTM – WRC...
      • ACC is the official game of SRO (Stephane Ratel Organization) GT World Challenge and features only SRO GT cars. So, if a car that you want is in some SRO championship, it COULD appear as part of a DLC in the future. If it’s not, you’re out of luck.
    3. This game isn’t optimized! My (insert five years old mainstream hardware) can’t run 1080p at epic settings!
      • ACC is a next generation game from a visual and from a simulation point of view, so, even with evolved algorithms, it is computationally intense. Other game are less complex and run ok even on old hardware. This isn’t the case. Try to start from low settings or wait for (insert next generation hardware) to see higher performance with high and epic settings.
    4. Optimization for VR?
      • There is no such thing as “optimization for VR”. The game can be either optimized for everyone or not at all. Remember that ACC is a complex simulation and VR is extremely taxing on your system. It is not possible with current hardware run VR smoothly at epic settings. Start with low settings and work your way towards high until you found a sweet spot for your hardware. Or wait for (insert next generation hardware) to see higher performance with high and epic settings.
    5. Optimization for triple screen?
      • See “Optimization for VR?”
    6. The (insert name of a car) is undrivable! Fix it!
      • ACC is a simulation and tries to be as close as possible to reality. The cars modeled in the game are extremely difficult to drive IRL, and just surviving a race requires a lot of training and effort. Work your way up from safe setup and lower value for the AI, give yourself time and practice a lot.
    7. The Porsche is undrivable! Fix it!
      • The 911 is a difficult car to drive, it’s always been and it always will be, due to its “peculiar” packaging. It is IRL, it is in the simulation. Learn to tame it or leave it alone.
    8. The (insert name of a curve) is bugged! Fix it!
      • If you feel that a curve or a circuit are strange, you can report a bug, but first watch a “real” race video to see if the strangeness is in the real circuit. Many bumps or strange slopes or odd shapes are features of real circuit (and of course features in ACC).
    9. What about the (insert bug)? It is IMPERATIVE that you correct (the bug)! The game is abandonware! Lazy devs!
      • Kunos Simulazioni is a small team and can’t tackle every and each problem in real time. They have their priorities and they fix all they can as soon as they can. It is not their job to reassure some user that their game will be back soon, stronger and better than before. If you can’t bear the current situation, play another game for a couple of months and then come back. Repeat at will.
    10. You say that I can’t report bugs!
      • You can and you should. But one thing is to report a bug, another one is complain and call names and make all the world know that your life is ruined because you can’t play because (insert effect of strange bug). Remember that (insert BIG firm name) has 50.000 employees and nonetheless their software has bugs too.
    11. I can’t find (insert information) in the game!
      • ACC is a complex simulation of complex cars. There are too many topics to be covered, ad it’ll clutter the UI menus. Moreover, game localization requires that every information must be translated by a professional in every language, and translated again as the game is further developed. This requires money that is better used elsewhere. You can find information in the forum (try the search function or browse the ACC blog) and in Aris.Drives videos (“tl;dw” and “did you know...”) on Youtube. There’s a learning curve, of course.
    12. You MUST program better – do more things – add this feature – satisfy MY needs!
      • If you are a system integrator – coder – automobile industry expert – racing driver you already know (and if you aren’t you can imagine) that those single topics are complex and that even more complex is to bring them together in a coherent product that, don’t forget, must be realized on a budget.
      • Or, you can follow Minolin’s (Kevin Stuck) path. In AC there wasn’t a rating system: Minolin made it from scratch. Now, Minolin works for Kunos and develops ACC rating system.
    13. Why can’t I have more information about tyres – damage – brakes…
      • Because IRL the driver has not these informations. There are features that real race cars don’t have, like radar, but that’s to balance the fact that most simdrivers have a single screen and can’t peek through the side windows.
    14. Ideal tyre pressure?
      • As a rule of thumb, watch the shape of your tyres in the HUD: if their tread is concave, they’re underinflated, if it’s convex they’re overinflated, if it’s flat they are ok. More in details:
      • Slick: Pirelli recommends 20,3 Psi minimum inflation pressure and 29 Psi as hot pressure target. Real pressures used by teams are much lower and range from 27.0 to 28.0 Psi hot, or even less. Less pressure means bigger contact patch and thus better grip, but less precision and greater chance of air leaks jumping over kerbs. As often happens, it is a tradeoff.
      • Rain: rain tyres are more forgiving and offer good performance in a broader range of pressure: 29.0 to 31.0.
    15. Can we have a safety car?
      • No, there won’t be a safety car. The main purpose of a safety car is to allow safe removal of wrecked cars along the track. Since in ACC return to pit is instantaneous, there is no need for a safety car. Besides, a safety car requires a specific licensing that costs money that can be used elsewhere, e.g. add more tracks.
    16. Can I use brake pads 4?
      • Yes, but you shouldn’t. They are in the menu only to demonstrate brake pads’ wear. So, if you want to try how it feels when your brake pads are gone, try them in a 60 minute race and, towards the end, you’ll have your pistons scratching disks’ surfaces. As a rule of thumb, use brake pad 1 for sprint races, 2 for endurance and 3 for wet or 24 h without brake pads change. Anyway, the difference in performance is marginal. These cars have plenty of stopping power.
    17. Will the console version have the same physics and force feedback?
      • The mathematical model will be the same. The frequency of the force feedback will match the lower value available in the PC version (111 Hz). Of course, the framerate will be lower, but, other than that, the result will be very close.
    18. Will console players compete against PC players?
      • Unlikely. Assetto Corsa Competizione for PC, given the lengthy process of submission of console software, will be one or two versions ahead of ACC for PS4 and Xbox.
    19. How can I improve my laptimes?
      • Choose a car and a circuit. Try to acquire a sort of rhythm along the track. For every turn, divide the turn in four phases: brake, release and turn in, coast (very important), accelerate. At first the rhythm will be slow, but don’t rush and don’t overdrive. When you have memorized turns and braking points, try to brake a little late and use your car control display in the hud. Yes, it takes some time. And watch "Aris.Drives" videos!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions ACC Unofficial Companion App Mar 4, 2019
    Console Lounge Unofficial console leaderboard uploading problem Feb 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Unofficial Discord Channel Nov 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room When Modded Cars (unofficial ), go Official are they part of a paid Pack or are they Included W/ AC? Dec 22, 2016
    Console Lounge Unofficial Leaderboard Oct 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 1.8 Changelog (unofficial) Aug 26, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa - more than a racing simulator - unofficial trailer Feb 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Unofficial Multiplayer Code of Conduct May 18, 2014
    Tracks modding AI Recorder - Unofficial AC app for adding AI support to custom tracks May 11, 2014
    Screens & Videos "Breaking the limits" NEW Unofficial Fan Video. Jan 31, 2014
    Screens & Videos Unofficial AC fan-made movie: Born to Race Jan 29, 2014
    Screens & Videos Kunos Vista + Printable (unofficial) Cover & Label Dec 19, 2013
    Chit Chat Room There should be a FAQ about how to get privileges for posting in the forums that one want Mar 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Next gen ACC version FaQ by 505Games Feb 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Next Gen FAQ Feb 14, 2022

3. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

To the point: "I can’t find (insert information) in the game!"
    Nope, i do not agree.
    You should not need to Alt+Tab out of the game, to go to the forums, to search for basic information.
    It SHOULD be available in the game.
    Its just text, its already written, it can be copied to the game.

Cluttering the UI, well sure people who can program this kind of stuff, can implement a scroll bar, if the text is too long. (no offense)

SOLID FARRELL, LeiF and guitarwiz1 like this.
  4. C#27

C#27 Gamer

As I understood Aris in one of his streams the problem doesn't necessarily lie in finding space to put the information in the UI, it has more to do with translations.
    Everything needs to be translated to the supported languages, which is very costly. The biggest problem however is that ACC isn't a finished product - which I think is really good as it constantly evolves. This could lead to situations where a lot of the given information need an overhaul and therefore also all translations would need an overhaul as well. These translation costs can be spent much better in other areas of the game development.

I don't really like the situation as it is, as I think finding the information on the forum can be quite time consuming and new people may not find it, but I can totally understand why they don't put it in the UI. A pdf in the installation folder with all the necessary information (only in english) would be a great solution in my opinion.

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

mikocchio likes this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I like how porsche has its own FAQ lol.
    Makes me feel proud (and probably other porsche drivers)

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thanks a lot @mikocchio - lets count how often we can use the link to this page next stream ;)

mikocchio likes this.
  8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

delete

9. Assetto Corsa (DLC as well) is the answer for:
    #1. meets non-SRO track demands

#2. meets non-SRO car demands

#3. already optimized, lower requirements

#4. #5. I assume is better based on the amount of YouTube content focused on those display configurations.

#13. demanded detailed vehicle HUD information is already present.

In short, AC plus DLC is impressive when paired with CM, CSP, and SOL... it is already the non-SRO experience many demand of ACC.

Disagree!

ACC lacks even the most basic information or instruction.
    Official information should be provided because of the simple fact that ACC (like DCS World, FSX, Xplane, iRacing, etc.) is a simulation.
    Users should not have to search a forum, official Blancpain GT document, YouTube, etc for every little thing... a good amount of which is itself a best guess.

*edited for clarity

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    NemethR and tjr like this.
  10. Flavus

Flavus Racer

13. Aston Martin Vantage GT4 has real life radar

11. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

People complaining about ACC optimization, don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about.

12. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Actually true, as I can run it on my 10 year old machine :)

f1200racer and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.
  13. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I know, I know, but man I am hoping for Portrero de los Funes one day, maybe with a retro DLC pack...
    Okay, I will stop dreaming...

14. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

great post I agree with everything even with no need for detailed explanations in the UI, (ok maybe there are 2 that can be helpful for some: ECU and brake pads, everything else we don't need)

mikocchio and sissydriver like this.
  15. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Maybe YOU do not need that, as you are a race engineer by profession.
    Yet WE who are not, we need that.

16. Maciej Malinowski

But we are back to the same discussion, tell at least WHAT do you need to be described apart from two I mentioned and I will tell you why that as you call it “basic” or “simple” explanation will be completely pointless misleading and creating more problems

17. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

What increasing/decreasing each setting does.

Most people who play this game are no race engineers. And for all those who are not, this information is very much needed to be able to be even somewhat competitive.

18. Maciej Malinowski

Wait besides who said that I am race engineer lol, I don’t know **** about setups just like many others but I also am aware that sometimes their complexity can’t be described in simple way, there are just too many factors in each and to many connections between each other, in certain situation one setting can do one thing in other completely other, and there is no easy way to explain when why and how in 10 or how many languages

f1200racer likes this.
  19. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I can only barely imagine how difficult it is to program this game, make the 3D models, sounds, textures, physics, etc...
    Now since that did not keep the developers from trying to make this game, I seriously do not understand why some text would.

So I do not see your point here.
    Also basic information is still much better then no information. And currently we are really close to no information in the game regarding the setups.

Translation:
    I would be more then happy to translate the game to my language, I am sure there would be some who would be happy to do that too to their languages also.
    I absolutely do not see an issue here either.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  20. Maciej Malinowski

Well you see my point here?
    Again, people who want those explanations still tend to think that it can be done in “simple way” and thay are still very much certain that any basics will be better,
    People who know setups are telling you that there is no way around it and it’s more complicated than you think it is even if you think it’s complicated, on top of that we go back to only basics and we are explaining why basics are not an option because leaving only basics in game like this will lead to loads and believe me loads of misunderstandings and further complains about setups being wrong or bugged of sth from people who don’t know what they are talking about just because they read “simple” explanation that has no real use in a certain scenario or doesn’t wrong because they already did other change that completely turns around the other thing they did, it creates confusion and leads to people thinking they are learning about setups while they are only following lest be honest STUPID setup steps that they think they work, then we add placebo to that and other people arguing with each other because it was in one way for the first guy and the other way for the second guy

m_box97, jaxx_za and sissydriver like this.
  21. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

When you learn physics in school, you start with simple things, like F = ma.
    You will not start with things like quantum theory, and super conductivity.