1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ac for me with mods is getting my seat time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, May 27, 2020.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so having not had ac installed for a very long time, mainly as I found it a bit dull.

I took it for another ride along with sol mod and cm, well f me.

This is a game changer and I know I'm late to the party but this is getting seat time over ams2!

The ffb is better than I remember, the ai are fun to race (definitely don't remember them) and the sol mod and cm has brought so much more depth to ac.

Even so I've uninstalled the lame offline acc.

So there's my 2 cents amazing job modders.

This probably get locked but I wanted to congratulate all involved and thank kunos for the original ac.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Getting into mods Dec 23, 2015
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds any server with many different mods crashes on startup Mar 2, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't start Race with Mods due to Runtime Error Jan 23, 2023
    General modding discussion Tell me about grip level in mods Nov 7, 2022
    ACC General Discussions What do you think / feel about mods? Jan 8, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game resets and mods disappear Oct 25, 2021
    General modding discussion Porting Mods... Dec 7, 2020
    General modding discussion How to make a Drift Server with Mods? Nov 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel mods for TM wheels May 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room New free DLC: GT4 by Guerilla Mods Apr 1, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Mods Please Delete Feb 18, 2020
    Chit Chat Room New to assetto, are there mods that help with car setup? Nov 29, 2019
    General modding discussion Mods On Console Nov 26, 2019

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

4. isamu

isamu Racer

AC is simply the goat. If you like racing cars, or even coasting and cruising, and you're not playing AC, you're doing it wrong.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Your passive aggressive attitude never stops to amaze me.
    You pretend to be typing a positive thread but you just had to throw that "Even so I've uninstalled the lame offline acc." irrelevant line in your thread in a Kunos forum didn't you?
    As if spreading your poison and being disliked by most in the rF2 forum wasn't enough, smh

And yes, one thing I agree with you, this should be locked, just as any other thread you start

sissydriver likes this.
  6. Funny,
    I HATED Assetto Corsa for years after it released.
    Just some honesty on the topic (below)

I thought the graphics were alright, UI seemed odd, and above all hated how much control Kunos gave users over the physics and whatnot.
    Felt it was a hotlapper for people wanting the power of a god. A few times over the span of a few years I couldnt stand kore than 30 minutes of Assetto Corsa before I clicked uninstall.
    (continued in last paragraph)

Around that time I bought tickets to ride the PCARS 1/2 hype-trains... seemed amazing during developing, was rough at release, got bad with what SMS called "support", got worse with more "support", abandoned twice shortly after release... could go on forever.
    ^
    Grabbed a few years of iRacing membership ($) followed by a chunk of content (more $) which I will never get to touch again unless I renew at full price since they only offer discounts to new members (again, more $)... you get the idea.
    ^
    Onto ACC...
    finally a GT Series title that offers an focused experience like Codemasters Dirt and F1... kinda. I continue to be amazed by this title tho it still feels early-access. Physics, graphics, sound, AI, content, support, etc are all more and more impressive with every patch. I had my share of issues since release, some you learn to work around, but it has not driven me away thanks to the large patches.
    GT simulation really does not get better than ACC.

(AC, continued)
    But...
    Like PCARS, I found myself waiting for the next ACC patch to improve gameplay, fix serious problems, etc again and again since release just to play a single season of the career or custom championships.
    So...
    with a shortage of racing sims, I reinstall Assetto Corsa in hopes of having one racing game I can enjoy NOW - not later.
    Man am I glad I did!

• Assetto Corsa
    • Content Manager
    • Custom Shaders Patch
    • SOL
    • custom ppfilters (with a few personal tweaks)
    That combination has become a favorite in my household. Much of AC has been improved and enhanced by those few mods.
    I can recreate any series many games like PCARS failed to deliver thanks to the large variety of quality official content and mods.
    The ongoing drawback is (opinion) AC's cringy Excitebike digital sound effects, odd tire/tyre temps, no timed singleplayer races, and lack of AI mandatory pit stops.
    All of which no mod(s) solves currently.

Otherwise,
    Kunos has done an amazing job with both AC and ACC. Assetto Corsa has become our driving simulation while ACC has become the racing simulation of choice.
    The quality support Kunos continues to provide has made my wife and I loyal customers.
    Other developers we no longer support, some mentioned, could learn a lot from the team behind Kunos!

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    chksix likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Ninjaed, want to write nearly the same. Lock this and its okay. :confused:

8. Yeah, I felt that was a bit of an attack on ACC too.
    Tho not the first time I have seen such comments.
    Many do not understand that ACC is not Assetto Corsa 2... it is a series-focused simulation recreating real GT championships.

It is simple,
    Kunos's AC is like Codemasters Grid - arcade racer friendly, lots of classes, cars, tracks, series, etc.
    Kunos's ACC is like Codemasters F1 - a series focused simulation with limited content.

They are not the same... they don't have to be the same.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

That's just the way the OP is. He'll praise AC now and trash talk it in a week claiming it's for the good of the game, but I won't waste my breath anymore.....I agree with what you're saying.

sissydriver and SOLID FARRELL like this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Get over it. Don't like dont read.

Simple thought you realise that by now eh