1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Texting while driving

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jernz Tan, May 12, 2020.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

This thread encouraged me to finally sort mine out. I was using Joytokey for some keystroke commands but couldn't get it to type complete words so switched to Hidmacros and after some testing got it to work.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't need anything too complicated, just the basic swear words with "you" put in front of them.

TurboTomato and tjr like this.
  3. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

:D

4. I tried Hidmacros. It works fine in a text file but not in ACC for chat messages.
    What I'm doing wrong?

5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Did you add a sleep, it seems to execute too fast for ACC otherwise.

HIDMacros.SendKeys "+Thanks"
    sleep(10)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Thank you :) I'll try it.

Edit: It still doesn't work ingame :(
    I tried yours and also this one:

sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+Thank You."
    sleep(50)

...without any success :(

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

When I set up a macro for my keyboard, I made it write individual letters instead of complete words.
    Dunno, your program, but assume it would look something like this.

sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+T"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+h"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+a"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+n"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+k."
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+ "
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+Y"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+o"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+u"
    sleep(50)
    HIDMacros.SendKeys "+."
    sleep(50)

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah this was one of the things I tried but it caused the game to stutter.
    @Atfer_Midnight that's odd, does it show anything at all in the chat box?

9. If I do it this way nothing happens ingame.
    I tried also "predefinded send keyboard sequence" ~Thanks~
    At this way the chat box appears ingame but it's empty.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Forgive me if I am asking obvious questions.
    How are you activating the macro, off a button on a wheel?

11. You will be forgiven :p
    I'm using buttons of the numpad atm.

12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Hmm I'm stumped to be honest,
    Just set up a test macro using my numpad to activate it and it worked fine (desktop mode, I use VR).
    The only thing I did notice was that the HidMacros app had to be in the background i.e not visible on screen.

13. Rema84

Rema84 Gamer

How can I open the chat-field during race? I didn't found a key in the options?

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Press Enter

Rema84 likes this.
  15. Thanks for help guys :)
    I don't know why but I can't make HIDmacro get to work.
    So I switched to MacroGamer and this app is working for me without any problems.

http://www.itoady.com/

Greets After_Midnight

16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Nice one :)

17. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Texting with a keyboard while driving is NOT compatible.:cool:

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

It's totally fine, provided you're OK with crashing into stuff. Just like real life in that respect ;):p

19. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Doesn't Crew Chief have a chat macro feature? I've not tried it so don't know how good it is or if it even works properly with ACC.

20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

You can set it up with any key mapper, including the voice commands in Crew Chief. It just needs to be able to press enter, type some letters, then press enter again and assign this to a button