1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I did exactly the same and would advice anyone who want to do some decent racing, to do so as well. I have never been on a server with a SA requirement lower than 70, and I never will.

Farming your SA offline to way above the rating you can maintain online and that way joining servers way above your skill level, instantly becoming a nuisant to other drivers however, is a different matter. I think it should not be done. The rating system isn't there for the hell of it.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I think it should be capped at like 70 for SP races.
    I only did 2 to 4 races in SP and ever since It's only MP. It's not hard to get a good rating. I went quickly to over 90 and never got down from that. Even with bad races in a row.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  3. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I second that. Maybe even 60.

dek likes this.
  4. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll do some farming over the next few days and hopefully see you for a fair race soon.

Lower sa servers must be like bumper cars by comparison.

5. mystek

mystek Racer

I never farmed SA points, only play MP races, playing ACC 6 months let say 1h daily average and my SA rank is 91 now. I was waiting long time for it, but honestly? I dont care what server I play. I'm joining server when there is lot of players (dont check SA points requirements), still left time in qualify session and i'm checking what players are in leaderboard. I mean if there is a lot of amateurs usually going to another server because usually Im winning easily races like that with no emotions. Sometimes I like to play "Red" servers (with a lot of amateurs) without qualify. Usually I crash many times during those races but it is really challenging when from example 20th finish on podium in 15-20min race. Overtaking is salt of racing :)

6. GONKO

GONKO Racer

OK, so here is one from earlier that I believe led to the ramming incident. As can be seen I go for a gap and then I'm closed off onto the grass (I am in the Ferrari). I do try to brake at the last moment, you can see the wheels locked on the grass.
    Maybe I should have backed out of it a little, or, maybe the lambo should have conceded a little track position...he would have had the inside line on the next corner. But this led to the guy ramming me and another car out of the race on the last corner of the last lap. Both videos below.

So this

Led to the guy doing this

7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

God not again, enough with the gaps already.

Yeah yeah I know, I'm a hot lapper!

Hagen, XettMan, TurboTomato and 6 others like this.
  8. GONKO

GONKO Racer

What a waste of a reply dude. Seriously. Let's have quality discussion or just go onto another forum.

9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm not going there, Better people than me have tried and failed.

10. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Gonko strikes again :confused:

11. GONKO

GONKO Racer

OK so you've replied to a thread, offered no insight as to who may be at fault and instead just give stupid one line replies. Seriously guys, we don't want this on the forum. Go somewhere else if you've nothing meaningful to contribute.

12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

It's all been said and you didn't accept the answer last time, and I'm quite happy in this forum thank you.
    That's my last response on this matter.

XettMan, AndyK70, chksix and 4 others like this.
  13. GONKO

GONKO Racer

It's a different incident man.
    Can we get a moderator here to deal with this rubbish. Jesus.

14. Onch

Onch Gamer

Gonko there is no gap there... Nobody has ever passed someone there.
    The guy in the Lambo makes a mistake and is a little wide. That means he will have to also compromise his line in the next corner. You therefore have a good chance of passing if you wait behind him, make sure you do take the proper racing line, exit faster and pass him in the following straight.
    Racing is not about going for the inside every time the guy in front doesn't hit hit the apex... You need to learn to be patient.
    Seeing the history of this thread you will not like it, but it is 100% your fault.

That is no excuse for the retaliation though.

Hagen, XettMan, nfsw55 and 11 others like this.
  15. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I do think it is my fault. When I watched the replay I was not happy with what I saw.
    In hindsight I shouldn't have carried that much speed up the inside of him as I gave myself no chance to back out safely...as we can see.
    It wasn't intentional at all, but yep, it is my fault.
    The retaliation was uncalled for. It would be like wreckfest if we all carried on like this.

Thug likes this.
  16. Maybe I should start spend some money for gambling. By watching your first video...
    ...my first thought was: Why the guy runs straight exactly into your car? Why he was aiming exactly to you? What happend before?
    I'm not going in any defense for Rudis revenge but it's absolute unusual people going crazy without any reasons.
    Maybe Rudis was Gonkoed before? Yes he was. Gonko was going for a gap which never exists.

You know it was 100% your fault. So what have you done after you took the Lambo out? Have you said "Sorry my fault" ? You was waiting for him?
    On a sidenote: Your car looks damaged already before the incident with Rudi.

Multiplayer only here and SA99. I'm racing on every server with people on it.
    And my point is you'll never learn to behave correctly in online multiplayer by farming SA offline.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...with-racing-idiots.59176/page-12#post-1078894

And if you've problems in "10 races in a row" I would blame you as well.
    I'm still the opinion there should be some kind of limit for the max. possible SA rating by farming in singleplayer. It would give the SA more value.

lionbest, Oxie, AndyK70 and 3 others like this.
  17. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

You are taking my advice the wrong way here.

Having seen your videos, I feel the SA rating of 48 you say you have, seems about right for you. Might even be slightly to high.

So you won't solve your problem farming SA offline to avoid getting crashed into by idiots, because you yourself are that idiot.

The only way for you to stop having these incidents is to change your approach to driving. You need to stop complaining about others and become a better driver yourself.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  18. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

This. 100%.

Your overtake is both clumsy and aggressive. It really seems that you simply took the car out to gain a place with little to no regard. Sorry, but from the replay you've provided this is all on you.

It's clearly early on in the race. My advise would be to let the race settle down a bit. It's this kind of erratic, impatient driving that gives public lobbies a bad reputation.

Of course, that doesn't excuse his behaviour later in the race.

XettMan, Winston, Snoeipaard and 3 others like this.
  19. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Thank you for the advice, but no need for the passive aggressive attitude in your response, or calling me an idiot.
    As I said on this one already, I accept fault for the first incident.
    Interesting how you don't condemn or mention the lambo driver, you still feel the need to attack me.
    As for farming SA, the hope is for cleaner servers where drivers don't seek revenge for accidents.
    Also, I am stating the obvious here, but please remember that what I upload here is the worst of what I get involved with. All are incidents or crashes (in line with the thread) . For you to assume my SA rating is too high based off a couple of videos and responses is very short sighted. You have no idea how I race etc.

Thug likes this.
  20. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I agree. I normally sit behind here but perhaps being tangled up in the earlier incident had me trying to gain places back. I accept fault for it as there is no way to make it stick cleanly. As the time, i saw him run wide and launched one up the inside. Not a good idea.