1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unofficial FAQ

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mikocchio, May 27, 2020.

1. I see what others mean about 'information'

The "basic" in-game information I was focused on when I disagreed was basics like those resting in the forum under
    Home >Forums >Assetto Corsa Competizione >ACC Blog

A Kunos staff member/dev compiled a good amount of info about the actual series and ACC... oddly none of which is within the game still.

Missing gameplay information
    An introduction to the series, licenses, classes, race formats, requirements/limitations, and rules/regulations/penalties.
    ^
    That without a doubt should be in the game!
    The lack of that information alone has created far too much confusion.

Game mode info...
    are common sense so like many would agree, don't see the point of breaking that down in the UI.

Vehicle tuning info...
    Users should do their own research about tuning their cars instead of counting on a brief description of each adjustment.
    Tuning will always be the one thing, across any racing game, that each user will have to become educated about regardless of 'if' or how much information is present in the menu.
    There is a reason tuning is considered an 'art'
    ;)

Not much else crosses my mind in terms of info.
    I usually look up the official documents of the real-world series (Blancpain GT for example) simulated, research forum threads like the one above, etc.
    ^
    Unfortunately, that helps so much because not everything applies to the game and things may be applied via patching at some point without educating users on the changes to rules, regulations, etc.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Rostovic and MonzterPixel like this.
  2. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Imagine then being told that 2+2 is 4, you add up 2+2 then yourself but the correct answer is 5 this time, and the next day it’s 3

3. MonzterPixel

MonzterPixel Gamer

It is definitely important to have clear information in the simulator and more in the settings, a quick and well-argued description is key to understand what happens to the car when you are testing on the track, if you do not know what happens to the car you cannot make a configuration by more than you move values.

Here is an example of what this description would look like in the configuration tab, the idea is that if you move the cursor to PSI, a box will appear giving you information.

1.png
    the simulator is already done and it is fantastic, all that remains is for it to better direct the information to the pilot to create more immersion.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SOLID FARRELL and NemethR like this.
  4. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

If that would be true, nobody would be able to do a half-decent setup.
    You are very much over-exaggerating.

It is not magic, it is physics.

5. R-V0L

R-V0L Rookie

As for translation - as a Polish native speaker and quite a fluent english speaker i'm more than willing to translate the game. So Kunos - hit me up if you want to do it ^^

How does giving some basic information prevent users from doing their own research apart from it?
    What you're saying is ridiculous and plainly elitist because for the sake of feeling superior by knowing this 'art form' you are willing to make beginners' life way harder.

Pretty much most sims on the market give some brief description of each parameter nowadays and it shouldn't be no different here.

According to steamspy approximately 400 000 people own ACC, do you really believe that even 10% of them have ever been on the forums?

You shouldn't be forced to get on forums or search for YT videos to find such fundamental info like optimal tire pressure window for dry and wet tire. It should be already in the game. I love Aris' channel but we should be realistic. There are 10 000 subs on Aris' channel and 400 000 people own the game. That just shows the proportion.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  6. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

People, please, let's remain on topic. If you think that the game could use some improvements, it's ok, but in this thread we should try to gather information that is scattered among many videos an threads and make it easily accessible. This is intended to be a compilation of answers given by Aristotelis and Pankyapus, mainly, not our thinking or point of views.
    Thank you for your help, I think we are making a useful list.

What is magic, so, if physics isn't? :D

7. That sounds fine, thanks for the effort... however, your information/answers are not completely correct, factual, and if anything nothing more than opinion.

The tone of the faq was a bit more insulting than it was informative so there was bound to be debates, disagreements, etc in response.
    Not taking stabs at many member(s) questions, complaints, requests, etc across the forum would have been a more positive approach.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  8. Speaking of translating, you misunderstood what I typed.

I am not saying there should not be such information... I was saying that regardless the amount of information, tuning will always be the one thing in any game that users will have to become self-educated about... unfortunately there is not many ways around it unless you buy tunes.

I never said I knew the art of tuning...
    I simply said there is a reason tuning is considered an art.
    At no point did I mention my knowledge on the subject or imply I am an tuning "elitist"

I agree per my previous posts...
    many sims on the market provide brief descriptions, information, etc and so should ACC.
    Simulations serve as an education/training tool.

Agreed, I doubt a good percentage of AC or ACC users have been on a forum... I myself would rather not count on this forum for every little thing that should be included in the game.
    It is as if Kunos expects us users to know everything they do. Which is why, in my opinion, the game itself should include information much like the threads I mentioned under ACC>Blog.

Hope that wasn't your translator resume to Kunos :p

9. R-V0L

R-V0L Rookie

Then sorry for my tone haha
    I just know that there is quite a considerable amount of people that really think that way so maybe i'm a bit oversensitive in this area.

That wasn't a resume haha but if they will ever want to translate it to any language it is helpful to have native speakers to help.
    Especially with polish which is notoriously a hell to translate because of the way our grammar works. I've seen literally dozens and dozens of awfully translated to polish games.

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  10. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

English is not my first language, but I'm pretty sure I didn't insult anyone. If you want to point out the fact that the text is assertive, it is written that way on purpose. About factual or opinion, those are statements from the developers, and we know that not everyone is happy with certain choices that have been made about some aspects of the game, nonetheless the answers can inform about the game "as is". If the game will change the FAQ will change accordingly. I hope that everyone will help to better the text to be as accurate as possible.

A question for everyone: do you guys think that the text could use some irony? Or it is more informative if it is serious?

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@mikocchio - for me your irony is perfect. loved to read your first posting. Its not done in 10mins and i really appreciate your work. thank you a lot again

mikocchio and pdf3108 like this.
  12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I personally think your post was good,with some good humour.
    My only suggestion is that keep updating your original post when new info is added in comments; so that new players won't have to search through all these comments.

mikocchio, pdf3108 and sissydriver like this.
  13. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

What increasing or decreasing each setting results in can be different for each car or create different results depending on your aero platform etc. It's better to read through overall setup theory and then try to apply it than it is to go to the garage page and read "1 click of this makes the car understeer" and then have that not be the result. Many people open up sims and want to be race engineers, however these cars are extremely complicated and take a very in depth understanding of vehicular dynamics and telemetry to gain much from modifying the setups. There's no menu description (apart from brake pad and ecu descriptions) that are going to clearly explain to you how to set up a car. Most novices would find far more benefit in just sticking with the aggressive preset and just learning to drive the track faster.

14. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Totally disagree, at least that is not a good idea in my experience.
    I am MUCH slower with the Aggr. Setup with the 488, then with the setup I was able to make based on the information contained in the JPEG file in this thread:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/setup-guide-for-beginners.64264

And that is not much text at all.

15. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

I'll try to add my view, maybe it can expand the topic.
    Let's take, as an example, camber value. If you add a short text like "more camber means more heat in the tyre", and the default setup has already optimal value for max lateral g-force, in a track with mostly straights, increasing the camber will indeed heat more the tyres; but in a track with many high speed turns, the heating could even decrease given the not-optimal contact patch shape and area. So, you'll have to have a small text for each value, times the number of cars (because different cars react in a different way to a certain setup change), times the number of tracks, times the number of languages... Besides, a novice could be really confused by the amount of apparently conflicting information.
    (nearly) Everyone respects other fellow simracer's expectations and desires, but implementing them in the software can be more time consuming and a lot more complicated than it seems.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  16. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Having some information in the game is still better, than having none.

17. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

I've made a guide which explains a lot. Check it out, first page of the forum...

anthonylroy likes this.
  18. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I am using that very guide :) - Thank you a lot for it also here.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Oh, lol, nevermind then, hopefully it helps :D

And np, if it helps, i am glad :D

20. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

It actually helps a lot!
    I have been able to make stable setups with it, and be at least half-way competitive in CP Races.
    So far I had success with it in Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Laguna Seca, Bathurst.
    Need some more time for other tracks, but yes, it is actually very helpful :)