1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

COMPETIZIONE CP Calendar

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by moneypizzle, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Cocoa

Cocoa Rookie

True, but...
    I prefer the 5 Ps:
    Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Any [fair] advantage you can get is usually the difference between 1st and not. That's usually the attitude differentiating winners from, and let's say... individuals who don't win. Winners are relentless, they go the extra mile and more. Work eithic.

Then again, it's just a [sim] game. ‍♂️

David Danser likes this.
  2. Arnold96

Arnold96 Gamer

The point of simracing, according to me, is to extract a reasonable high performance from your driver skills, especially while competing. In order to achieve it, you need practice, just as it happens in real life, where not only they have at least 3 turns of FP but they also do tons of simulation prior to the event. In the end you need that to understand and learn the track-car combo. A poor performer will always perform worse than a talented driver. And I happen to like the attitude of working even the extra mile to achieve your goal, instead of succeeding without any effort.

David Danser likes this.
  3. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Who's joining a 1hr CP race and doesn't know the track in the car they have signed up in o_O. Couple of laps in qually should be enough for anyone to get their eye in.

NemethR and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.
  4. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Guys I am not telling anyone to stop practicing which we all know is VERY VERY important, but it's not Kunos who should prepare you for the race but yourself, that's why I don't understand people asking for it from devs, we can do our own schedules that work and use them if you want sure but it's not Kunos job to prepare it which was never planed to be a thing IMO, that is why there are random days where you are tested how you perform thrown into random scenario with your car that you choose not for the specific track but the one that you feel comfortable with to perform on all, let me put that quote here from Minolin

Again I am not saying practice is stupid, far from that, but giving you specific info of what exactly you should practice is counterproductive because you are gonna prepare for optimum day track but no one will practice green, rubber-wet, damp, super cold track, practice with under-pressured tyres or see how car will behave with low fuel or damage or where and how you can fuelsave or just how to behave in unexpected situations overall, them not giving us all the info is them just not wanting to know everything and that is good if you ask me, I know we talk about just knowing the track and perfect line is what you should be least concerned about, being prepared for unknown is what you should practice, and practice and practice
    At least I feel like it is the way to practice, when I drive I don't follow the line, I always create new line line in my head by looking at a corner, because I practiced being able to adapt I do that and apply the conditions I see and feel,
    Drive by feel and apply the knowledge you have from practice to know what you can do at a given situation with a car rather that trying like a robot make every input same every lap, soon enough you find that because on every corner you maximize current potential its faster than replicating the lap before which is already past and car, tyres, track .. everything changed, (unless it's hotlpaing in perfect conditions which is not proper sim-racing if you ask me)

5. Thanks guys for making these calendars,being new to the sim knowing a day in advance gives me sum time to practice and prepare,That being said,Do we know if it's going to be Barcelona,Kyalami or Bathurst?

6. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

This seems to be the correct calender, Kyalami is the next track for tomorrow. Thank you;)

FloSimRace likes this.
  7. Thank You!

Vi42per, David Danser and LasKoKuz like this.
  8. Diego Morales

Diego Morales Rookie

I think a 20 min practice session before the race would be good to get used to random events, once you enter FP with a car you can't change it, and you also shouldn't bee able to see what track they are running in until you enter the server, yeah some people may ask a friend in which track are they running and select a car according to it, but IMO it's better to have a couple of "cheaters" than to enter a track you need to remember and get used to with only 5 minutes of practice, then consider that there's more than one person in this situation and then you have a disastrous race

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  9. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

This and get tire pressures correct for the current conditions, ahead of qually

10. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Practice is a different time of day, so unless that changes in the future you're not going to be able to get 100% meaningful pressure data for Qualifying anyway. It is a brief time to allow people to enter the lobby before the cutoff and nothing more. If you have a lap or two to acclimate to the track, then that's good for you but not the intent.

Qualifying/Race are the same time of day, so you glean what you can of pressures from Q1 and use it for your race setup.

11. mha

mha Gamer

That's really super annoying. Kunos should really publish an official calendar! I have been preparing and looking forward to Laguna Seca all week. When I checked this morning what CP race actually is: Misano .

Unfortunately I can't spontaneously spent 2 hours to do a CP race - and I bet I’m not the only one.

Please change something Kunos! You guys make such a great game, but the online mode is really in need of improvement!

XettMan, Fremen_78 and RWa like this.
  12. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

13. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

For those who want everything clearly and at one place, every month and without any searching:
    [EU region only at this time, other regions will be added soon]

Mythiq.net online CP Calendar:
    https://mythiq.net/cpcalendar/

GearChange, Def and LeiF like this.
  14. Dom Tuso

Dom Tuso Gamer

What's all this? Looks like things are heavily weighted to EU peeps here. What about us peeps in the US? I mean, after work, there is a 7pm CP race and that is it. Why does the EU get sooooo many race opportunities while in the US, we get only 1 race after work?

FatnSlo, eracerhead and Vítor Sousa like this.
  15. Rioku

Rioku Racer

At what hour European start races?

16. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

01:00 and then 16:00, 18, 20, 22

Rioku likes this.
  17. There is a June calendar somewhere?

18. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

19. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

June calendar is now available at:
    https://mythiq.net/cpcalendar/

(Sorry for double post, but for some reason I can't edit my previous post at this topic)

Dewald Nel, MegadetH, KToMmi and 4 others like this.
  20. Bruno Melo

Bruno Melo Rookie

calendar of servers in america, do not disclose