1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello

I've been exploring the program a bit yesterday and realised the usefulness of Result Statistics tab, and as a data nerd I was daydreaming a bit about more possible columns to add there to compare the tracks/cars. Mind you this is just my ideas but depending on whats the vision for the software they might or might not make sense. Personally I like data and stats and since this program accumulates a lot of it, I was thinking why not process it more!
    • Invalidated lap counter and/or ratio. Personally on some tracks I nearly never go out of track limits and on some it happens more often. It would be cool to see how often that happens for various tracks, and see if that percentage goes down over time, and see where I need to keep my stuff together more.
    • Lap time standard deviation. This could be like an alternative Consistency rating. This could be calculated probably from dry valid laps to give meaningful result. Lower standard dev = good consistency, high standard dev = one should work on reference points more.
    • I really like how the program measures your times or average times against slowest/fastest race/quali records from the real series. It could be nice to have this in the Results Statistics on a per track basis too as that is the only tab where you can see all the circuits at the same time. Again to tell you what is your worst track and how much off the pace you are.
    • Results Stats displays lap count and session count, what about total time spent on the track? Could be worthwhile too.
    Again its more like a "nice to have list" for your consideration.

Thanks for your work!

Freddie Seng likes this.
  2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll add all these for things to look at in the future

NelsSenior likes this.
  3. Hi,

Just done a MP race

Practice and quali worked fine, but the race I got the unknown car.

v1.6.1

Diagnostic attached

Attached Files:

4. Doug Duthie

Hi Andrew,
    I can only see that the broadcast connection to ACC didn't complete the last time. So far, I've been using the Kunos code to manage the connections and something odd is happening. I'm going to give up on that and build my own connection handler so at least I've got more control and can report on errors properly.

EDIT: Just realised I replied to the wrong post...The Broadcast API is taking a very long time to make connections...Can you set the Broadcast retry time to 10

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    AndyK70 and Andrew Williams like this.
  5. David Danser

David Danser Racer

mine is not working anymore, tried a reinstall as well..

log:
    ************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
    System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.SaveOlvSettings() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Forms\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:regel 1164
    bij ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.formCloseRequested() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Forms\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:regel 1116
    bij ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.ACCResultsMainForm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Forms\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:regel 1109
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.RaiseFormClosingOnAppExit()
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(CancelEventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit()
    bij ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Forms\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:regel 267
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly-versie: 4.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ACCResults
    Assembly-versie: 1.6.1.0
    Win32-versie: 1.6.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BoHo/ACC%20Results%20Companion/ACCResults.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32-versie: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly-versie: 12.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 12.0.2.23222
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BoHo/ACC%20Results%20Companion/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
    ObjectListView
    Assembly-versie: 2.9.1.1072
    Win32-versie: 2.9.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BoHo/ACC%20Results%20Companion/ObjectListView.DLL
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
    System.Data
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
    ksBroadcastingNetwork
    Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BoHo/ACC%20Results%20Companion/ksBroadcastingNetwork.DLL
    System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly-versie: 1.0.111.0
    Win32-versie: 1.0.111.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BoHo/ACC%20Results%20Companion/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
    System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
    Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
    toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
    jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
    De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
    was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
    naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
    en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

6. Doug Duthie

Hi David,
    Can you go to the ACCResults folder (normally in Documents\ACCResults - eg C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\ACCResults) and attach the files ACCResults.log and ACCResultsSettings.json. As a quick test after that, rename ACCResultsSettings.json - this type of crash can happen if the settings file is unreadable (I need to think about protecting against this).

EDIT: Actually, the Broadcast API took absurdly long (nearly 50 mins) to complete the connection the last time. Can you set a retry time to say 10 seconds

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    David Danser likes this.
  7. C.C.

C.C. Rookie

Hi Doug,
    i think i have the same issue....:(
    Here are some files for you, maybe you can check it.;)
    Thanks for your work!

Attached Files:

8. Doug Duthie

Hi Christian,
    You have a different problem. The ACC Server Results folder should only point to a folder containing server results (eg C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\server\results). You have it pointing to the client results folder (these are a different format). It you don't run a server, or if you don't have server results files, then you don't need to have this set.

Unfortunately, it looks like that field can't be cleared once set (something else for me to fix :oops:). I've fixed up the setting file for you. It you put that back in your ACC Results folder it should fix the errors.

Attached Files:

9. C.C.

C.C. Rookie

Hi Doug,
    i have replaced the file, sorry i have missed the word "server", and thougt it must be filled, because when i start your program there where no result shown.
    It looks like ( I have looked into the log file) that your program cant open / read my result files.
    Maybe you can also check this.
    End again, many thanks for your help / also at Sunday!

10. Doug Duthie

It doesn't really look at results file any more (the exception being SP races). It records ACC sessions that are run while ACCResults is active, using ACC's Broadcast API. It can't pick up historic sessions before ACCResults was run because ACC doesn't store these anywhere.

ACC does have results files for the last race, qualifying, practice etc, but these can't be used as it needs information from the ACC seasonEntity file, which only relates to the last session.

Anyway, to store results, make sure you always have ACCResults running when ACC is running. If it is a pain to remember to start it, there is an option in the settings page to launch it on Windows Startup (and you can minimise to system tray)

kamkie and Fremen_78 like this.
  11. C.C.

C.C. Rookie

Hi Doug,
    now everything is OK! I thout the program looks also for the old files....
    Many thanks for your support!

David Danser and Doug Duthie like this.
  12. David Danser

David Danser Racer

Thank you, i ended up deleting the companion folder in documents and now it is working again.
    Only thing is that my results start from scratch, which is ok. Fresh new start.

And btw thanks for your amazing program, really really useful.

Doug Duthie likes this.
  13. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello.

Just had the unknown car/empty session bug for the first time myself. Reading the log I can see that the broadcast connection fails as I left the qualifying session (right after the race session ended). But not sure why the issue there. For next time I increased the broadcast retry time, it was set to 0 (by default I guess?), maybe that will help.

Is there a way to fix the session? Manually inserting the race car number (333 in my case) did not help.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

14. Doug Duthie

There's no way to fix the session - the laps are recorded from the broadcast API, so if the connection isn't there, then they can't be recovered. Setting the broadcast retry to say 10 seconds will hopefully help. I think I'm probably going to make this the default now. I'm adding more logging/error handling to the Kunos supplied broadcasting client and it does seem to get less stable over time

JakubFranek likes this.
  15. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello, actually I just finished another race with 10 second retry time and I have the same issue. Quali was fine, Race was not. Diagnostics attached. The broadcast seems to record all laps correctly but at the point of leaving the session it probably fails?

Cheers

Attached Files:

16. Doug Duthie

OK...I'll have a look

JakubFranek likes this.
  17. Doug Duthie

@JakubFranek,
    A new ACC Broadcast connection is required for each session - there is a theory knocking about that this gets less stable over time (probably resources aren't being freed correctly). I've updated to V1.6.2 - basically starting a re-write of the Kunos supplied Broadcast client with more error handling and logging. I'm hoping it will improve the situation, but if it doesn't, at least it should not flag errors on the client

18. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.2 released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/)

Headline items:-

Broadcast client code - re-write started
    To date, the Kunos supplied Broadcast client has been used. There have been reports of unreliable connections which seem to get worse over time. I've decided to start re-writing the supplied code so I've got control over error handling, resource management and error reporting. This stage should improve some areas of issues with the connection, but should also help me understand why problems are occurring for some people with this

Result Statistics
    New columns added:
    • Total time
    • Number of invalid laps
    • Percentage of invalid laps
    Further stats will follow in later releases

[​IMG]

19. expor

expor Gamer

@Doug Duthie I don't know if you've seen my post in the broadcast thread for developers. However, re-connecting to the same ACC session multiple times causes the broadcast connection delay. The API example is incorrect for the disconnect message, you have to add the connectionId as payload to the unregister command. If you do so, there are no more delays in re-connecting mutliple times!

Edit: Doh, I see now that you saw my post since you responded with a like.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  20. Doug Duthie

Yes - thanks I saw that and it was a big help, although I don't think I was always going through disconnect originally (I think I used to use the shutdown which bypassed it). Hopefully getting closer to sorting the issues now