1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

THANKYOU very much for that Yisus, much appreciated.

Excellent job Skaven

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Skaven Zverov and Yisus like this.
  2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

You are very welcome :)

3. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Just saw a message, sorry i couldn't reply faster. I saw the PDF, i will put it down in OP.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Oh why wouldn't i agree, and this is not mine, this is for community, by community :)

I will put it in OP, thanks for help :)

Yisus likes this.
  5. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

EsxPaul and Yisus like this.
  6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks, glad you like it :) If you see some errors in it, don't hesitate to post it here so i can fix it in next version :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. drukqs

drukqs Racer

i was about to ask for credits because i've seen that sheet on the Bottom before, but i can see you Credited the original creator :).

GJ!

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  8. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks. Of course, i did credit them, even asked before if i can put out their info in the guide. Only after everyone greenlighted it, i made it live :)

9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Good info mate.
    I'm slightly confused about SLOW rebound related info,
    So it says that rebound should be higher than bump this is where IMO it may be wrong,let me explain
    slow rebound releases energy so it only comes into play when you are turning either with braking or acceleration.
    The inner wheel's grip at turn in is determined by rebound especially at lower speeds where aero is not that effective.
    So in short if you want to gain little bit of mechanical grip at front end then use lower rebound.
    On why rebound should be always be lower on than bump on FRONT end because having stiffer bump controls pitch so generally bump will be stiffer than rebound unless the car is extremely understeery then maybe vice versa.

On rear end though generally rebound is slightly stiffer than bump.

So in short the rebound should be slightly softer than bump at front
    AND
    rebound could be slightly stiffer than bump on rear end (keyword is could be so it is not necessary but generally beneficial for rotation to run stiffer rebound at rear)

ALSO rebound maybe useful when track does NOT allow stiff ARB due to bumps and kerbs so in this case have slightly stiffer rebound even at front might be used to counter some roll.

If i'm wrong please let me know.

10. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Hmmmm...I see what you are saying, but i simply am not knowledgeable enough to say if you are right or not, really. Hopefully there will be someone who reads this post who would like to help us clear this up :D

I would be glad to add this info and correct the guide if you are right :)

11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yep i would like to know as well,whether i'm right or wrong.
    The info you posted about rebound should be always higher than bump is true for FAST damper setting.
    so in short fast rebound will always be higher value (stiffer) than fast bump on BOTH front and rear.

12. DHMoto

DHMoto Gamer

Wow! Thank you so much. I used the guide to update a couple of mod cars in AC and had immediate improvement. Will look forward to fine tuning the R8 in ACC. Again - thanks.

13. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Setup tips from Jardier:

Skaven Zverov, AndyK70 and Rasyid like this.
  14. Rasyid

Rasyid Rookie

Hi, does the game have fuel weight game mechanic which affecting the car behavior? thanks.

15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

YES fuel affects the car weight,aero etc.

Skaven Zverov and Rasyid like this.
  16. djr76

djr76 Rookie

Thank you very much

17. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Very well, let's check this out :D

@Aristotelis can you help?

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Yes, i saw that one, it will help definitely for the "Chapter 2" of the guide, "How to Setup" :) Thanks!

19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Great to hear it helped :D Cut those times down! :)

20. Larry Pop

Larry Pop Rookie

Thank you very much