1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos, will you share the love with console owners in ACC?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by RhythmMachine, Jun 2, 2020.

1. When I got my Thrustmaster TX so I could race on my XBOX and get what everyone said was the most realistic experience going, I was really excited. I read about the work that had gone into it, and how to manage the settings, adjust the damper/gyro... it sounded fantastic. Then I got the game.

No advanced settings. No per-car settings. Not even calibration! In fact, I can’t even save my field of view. So, AC has killer customization on the PC but not XBOX... must be a platform limitation, right? Well, Project Cars 2 seems to have found a way around it. So it’s not the fact that it’s on the console...

Kunos, I’ve put my money where my mouth is and pre-ordered ACC. Are you going to step up and give console drivers our money’s worth? I want to support the franchise, but like any healthy relationship it takes effort on both sides to keep moving forward.

Are you in?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Was this really necessary, KUNOS? [translation: shared memory layout change grievance] Jun 20, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021

3. Wtf lol... well, that is console for ya.
    Console users will complain if they had "too many settings" too.

PCARS 1 and 2 are a mess and run poorly on console... not the same game engine or developer.

If you want to talk about relationships, how bout SMS... take your money, break promises, troll their own forums, provide lackluster support, then abandon both games while they are in bad shape shortly after release just to announce a 3rd.

Not the best choice to support your point.

CmdrCody likes this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If you had a bad experience with Kunos last console release, why on earth would you pre-order their current one? Why not wait until a few reviews are in so you know what you're getting into?

Dookie, TXC_IJOJOI, CmdrCody and 2 others like this.
  5. In part to get the DLC content, but probably mostly because I’m hopeful. Maybe ignorantly so, but that’s the core of it. If ACC is as piecemeal on the console as AC is then that will go away and I’ll have learned my lesson (and be in search of a new franchise/developer).

6. Well, I’d have a hard time saying because I didn’t need to seek out a support site to figure out how to calibrate my wheel. Maybe they’re terrible, but the game runs well enough for me to not need to find out.

7. For a good while the best FFB within PCARS was via custom tweak files only available on PC.
    It wasn't until many patches later that users enjoyed the refined vanilla FFB.
    So if you got the game later, that would explain it.
    I no longer felt the need to use tweak files after the FFB patching.

8. I was late to the game with all three. Got PC1 when I bought my used XBOX (and PC2 was already out) and just got both PC2 and AC a few months ago. So all were mature by the time I saw them, but AC was by far the best feeling and least developed, not only in terms of interface and options but also single-player value.

I feel like a teacher with a brilliant and apathetic student. “You could be great” I say, to which he replies... “yeah, so just open your .ini file with notepad...’

9. Do you not have a gaming PC?
    Both of these on PC would be the obvious choice.

I have not tried the console version of AC that I recall but had considered getting it a few times... problem is I have multiple cockpits and gaming PCs so I cant justify the console version.

10. I don't have a gaming PC... mine works fine for general use and a media server, but would require lots of upgrades to run games well. For iRacing, I don't have any expectations... I know it's PC-only, so I don't have it/can't get it. For AC or ACC, though, if they're releasing it and selling it and I'm paying for it (just like I would for the PC version), it should be complete.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  11. Gotcha...

iRacing is a waste of money and you do not get offline access to paid content without paying for the membership.

ACC isn't even complete on PC so there is no reason to expect it to be complete on console.
    Afterall, it is 2020... no game is complete.

edit:
    you may want to review the many ACC threads about ongoing issues.

12. It’s a dilemma...
    Carrot: pre-order
    Stick: cancelled pre-order

I was hoping to have a moderator at least pipe in with “it will be better this time”, if not with specifics. Win me over!

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

All the information about the game itself is already out there. There is weeks's worth of ACC racing videos on Youtube, there are hot takes of pro sim racers and real reacing drivers. Aris' streams go very much in-depth about physics, setups and game mechanics: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2P9GUUfFXhq-hiAxC1FTPQ

Regarding the console version, there is nothing to know as of now.
    Best course of action is to wait a week or two after it releases and look at reviews of people you trust. Kunos is not responsible for not meeting your expectations you know ;)

14. And then you miss out on the Intercontinental DLC. They're trying to entice pre-orders, but have released no actual details or footage of the game.

It is a bit odd that there has been no mention of any specifics regarding the console version, considering there are only 20 days until release. No specifics, not even a video clip of someone actually playing it on a console. Which would lead you to believe that the same thing will happen as did with AC, the console version will be a cut down version. Be nice if they just came out and said that though, kind of deceiving really.

15. paul linton

paul linton Rookie

i believe the console trailer is console gameplay, well i hope it is.

16. PHA7VTOM

PHA7VTOM Rookie

That's not really 'gameplay' in the true sense. Unless the game is delayed or something and they're just waiting to announce, I don't understand how Kunos expects to get pre-orders with a release strategy bereft of any info. No way can I pre-order this until they release bona-fide footage, what's the hold-up?!

17. That is on you then, don't come ranting to the devs when you aren't happy with your preorder.

Console versions are almost always cut down to make it console-friendly. Again, dont come ranting to the devs when it isn't like the PC version.

18. PHA7VTOM

PHA7VTOM Rookie

Don't be so combative -- it's a fair observation, and no one is/will be ranting! I just think from a consumer perspective that they could be gunning for far higher sales numbers with the console crowd if the game was appropriately marketed.

19. I wasnt talking to you o_O

If he/she takes risks then he/she needs to take responsibility.
    If he/she wants a PC experience then he/she should get a PC.

That itself is a fair observation... so who is being combative now?

I didn't say anyone was/is ranting... I said don't come ranting to the devs after release.

Agreed.

20. Yeh, definitely not combative. Deary me.

So, what your saying is games should just be released without any specific details or any footage of what is in them, and that's just cool? People should just "take a risk", stop whining about it, and get on with it? Interesting observation there.

Some people can't afford to just go and "get a PC", just like that you know.

But thank you for all your really helpful comments though, you've been a delight.

21. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

To me it is fairly obvious there will be some compromises compared to how a top end PC can run this game compared to a what is now fairly old technology in the current gen consoles.

The game is not particularly feature rich from a gaming perspective, so the console version will probably be in line with the PC version but i’d guess graphics will be cut back, the number of cars opponents (real or AI) will be reduced...I guess the big questions is will the console version support all of the physics calculations for the AI...i5 processors are a bottleneck for the PC version...not sure how my old Xbox will shape re an i5?