1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I'll put my hand up now and admit that I don't change the tyre pressures. I'll go with one of the presets (usually Safe but sometimes Aggressive), change the TC, ABS and fuel according to what I'm doing but I don't touch the tyres. What does changing them do? Assume as well that I'm not having a problem with tyre temp.

2. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

And this is the reason why setups must be improved. You will be at disadvantage by choosing certain cars. Not every driver is adjusting them, and default setups should be drivable out of the bat.

Having the tire pressures in the right window will give you more grip and be kinder to the tires in long stints

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Exactly, default setups are a good starting point, especially for tire pressures, as you described correctly.

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Having different pressures right to left, is just more "fine" tuning, and not really a major effect, as compared to suspension settings.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  5. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

If you are not adjusting them it doesn't matter what pressures the default setup have because you won't race every time in the same conditions. Kunos also tried to make them auto adjust but it's not reliable and it can confuse the user. Not having perfect pressures out of the bat is the same as not having a tailor made setup, unless we all race with fixed setups a driver that edits the setup will always have a fair advantage.

6. If you don't change them, the tyre won't have the best contact thread with the track, making you lose a lot of grip (in some circusntances)

7. In ACC?

8. dek

dek Racer

TBH I only use base aggressive and do not adjust anything...certainly I'm not the fastest around at all but I like to go with the given and simply adjust my driving to the car and track.

Surprisingly I doing well with it:p:D

9. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Gosh... I'm not attacking the game. you don't need to get so defensive of it.
    I'm saying default setups could be improved.

Bentley's pressures.
    .3 of difference between them

[​IMG]

Jaguar.
    1.6 of difference.

[​IMG]

I'm not saying pressures should be at 27.5 on every tire, but looking at these defaults it's not hard to see one car has a huge disadvantage for the regular user who won't adjust them. With consoles coming I guess default setups could be worked on to be more even.

10. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Yes, it was a while ago (maybe around November). I remember reading something from Aris talking about auto magically corrected pressures but I'm not even sure it made to a public release before being scrapped. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's correct

11. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I'm thinking on doing something like that in Simhub dashboard. When entering the pits save the last reading and have the dash suggest the amount to adjust each tire. Thing is, hot pressure isn't the same as setup screen. Not sure if there is a way to calculate them correctly

12. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

It also looks like it could definitely be how you're driving the cars. First pic you have pretty even temps on all tires meaning the car is balanced and you're not asking too much of either end of the car. Second pic you've got way more front tire temp which probably explains the difference in pressure. Looks like you're asking way too much from tje front tires

13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

If people couldn't be bothered to learn the small thing such as tyre pressure....then i don't think blaming simulator is a correct.
    How much easier it has to be now ?
    For me it literally take JUST 2 laps to figure out tyre pressure(1 of which is outlap btw).
    But on defence of some "rookies " i will say that kunos should just add a simple text like->>
    "Tyre pressure should be from 27.0-28.0 psi HOT at the end of lap"
    goggle translate this for required languages and its done.

14. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Is this a joke?

15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

It could be a joke if google fails to translate,But if it is accurate why waste money.I mean it is very simple statement to translate.

16. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Quite.

I guess my reluctance to touch the tyre pressures comes from a number of reasons:

1. I tried SideKick in AC and it would pretty much just tell me to lower the tyre pressure to the lowest possible value and that just made the car feel horrid. So to my mind, fiddling with tyre pressures = bad. That's obviously not true but that's the feeling I had from AC. Whenever I touched tyre pressures I got slower.
    2. I'm relatively quick without touching them.
    3. I assume that the presets have valid tyre pressures as part of them.
    4. I've not come across tyre temp issues (excluding wets for obvious reasons).
    5. I use the same car (911).
    But what @SimGuy_1 says starts me thinking - there are times when I drive the same track, with the same setup (in MP) and I struggle to get the laptimes I've done previously. Now I'm not totally stupid so I was putting this down to things like track/air temp and rubbered-in-ness (is that even a word?). But what I think you're saying @SimGuy_1 is that I can start to mitigate some of these differences in pace by making sure that I'm compensating for track temp by altering tyre pressure. Does that make sense?

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hi turbo tomato - tire pressures of some presets are way off - so never trust this and look what pressures you have after 2-4 laps. than adjust them to 27-28 and try to have same pressures on all tires. some tracks you can use different pressure left/right, but thats advanced stuff(never did this). watch aris videos, this will help you a lot. have fun and keep on digging into the depth of this sim. its awesome ;)

TurboTomato likes this.
  18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Different pressures on left and right side is not advanced stuff. You need different pressures on each corner as there's no perfect 8-shaped tracks (in ACC).

Tire pressures will settle and stay pretty consistent after 4-5 laps. All you need to do is make a baseline tire pressure setup for a specific AMBIENT temperature (ignore track temperature when setting up pressures). After that, it's real easy.
    -For every degree C decrease in ambient temperature, you increase your pressures by 0.1psi.
    -For every degree C increase in ambient temperature, you decrease your pressures by 0.1psi.

So, if you've made your baseline for a 20C AMBIENT temperature and the session you've joined has 34C ambient temperature, you LOWER your baseline setup by 1.4psi.

This is pretty accurate, but there will ofcourse small differences the bigger the difference in ambient temperature and possibly also cloud level (due to difference in air pressure), but overall you should be right in the ballpark using this method.

Ofcourse, if you want very accurate tire pressures, you should use MoTeC.

19. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

@TurboTomato especially if you drive always one car I suggest to save a version of the aggressive setup with pressures corrected (around 27.5 after 3/4 laps for dry) for a certain temperature and save it with the temp in the name (for example monza@28). When you join a session all you need to do is load that setup and adjust pressures all around depending on the current temperature. You can determine how many clicks are needed in a very scientific way or just learn with experience. If you do your correction with something like 28°C track you won't need more than +/- 0.7 in most of the cases

20. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Personally I'm doing it with Track temp and not ambient and it works well