1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

So I assume you saying to replace this....

Code:
            internal void Disconnect()
            {
                using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
                using (var br = new BinaryWriter(ms))
                {
                    br.Write((byte)OutboundMessageTypes.UNREGISTER_COMMAND_APPLICATION); // First byte is always the command type
                    Send(ms.ToArray());
                }
            }

with this:

Code:
            internal void Disconnect()
            {
                using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
                using (var br = new BinaryWriter(ms))
                {
                    br.Write((byte)OutboundMessageTypes.UNREGISTER_COMMAND_APPLICATION); // First byte is always the command type
                    br.Write((int)ConnectionId);
                    Send(ms.ToArray());
                }
            }

??

Doug Duthie likes this.
  2. expor

expor Gamer

Correct, that will fix the sdk example application. Can easily be checked by doing multiple connect and disconnect when using a low interval like 100ms. Before the fix it will become terribly slow to connect after a few attempts, with the fix it should be instant every single time.

Sorry I'm writing a node js application so my snippet was from my own code.

Toon Knapen, Doug Duthie and Brado23 like this.
  3. jackOO7

jackOO7 Rookie

Yea for this is best way have disconnect event from the game (kunos please), or u can set position at the end of grid for inactive cars, but soon i will have better solution for it...

4. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Hey jack007. Thanks for the reply. I found a solution for this yesterday which seems to work quite well. Don't know if it is the most elegant way but definitely works and have done a fair amount of testing yesterday with public servers that have their entry list changing regularly. To fix I added these lines to BroadcastingViewModel.cs :

Code:
            private void MessageHandler_OnEntrylistUpdate(string sender, CarInfo carUpdate)
            {
                CarViewModel vm = Cars.SingleOrDefault(x => x.CarIndex == carUpdate.CarIndex);

if (vm == null)
                {
                    vm = new CarViewModel(carUpdate.CarIndex);
                    Cars.Add(vm);
                }

vm.Update(carUpdate);

var currentEntryList = _clients[0]._entryListCars; //Need to change this to pickup the correct client automatically rather than hardcoding
                var existingCars = Cars.Where(c => currentEntryList.Any(uc => uc.CarIndex == c.CarIndex)).ToList();
                var removedCars = Cars.Except(existingCars).ToList();

foreach (var car in removedCars)
                    Cars.Remove(car);
            }

This code executes after each Entry List Update. To make sure this happens at least once every 30 seconds I changed this in BroadcastingNetworkProtocol.cs:

Under case InboundMessageTypes.REALTIME_CAR_UPDATE:

Code:
    if(carEntry == null || carEntry.Drivers.Count != carUpdate.DriverCount || (DateTime.Now - lastEntrylistRequest).TotalSeconds > 30)

Hope that helps some else. Had me stuck for ages when I was trying to work out how the flow of everything occurs.

Toon Knapen likes this.
  5. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin,
    I understand that no tyre state information is available on Broadcast API- someone mentioned that this is to keep ACC in line with the realism that if a driver can't see tyre state IRL, then nor can we in ACC. What would be nice though (especially as post session garage is no longer available to view tyre condition) would be to have a broadcast message after pit stop and end of session to report on the tyre wear and state. I'd like to be able to review if my driving style is gentle to tyres, or I'm murdering them
    Cheers

6. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

Code:
     case InboundMessageTypes.BROADCASTING_EVENT:
                        {
                            BroadcastingEvent evt = new BroadcastingEvent()
                            {
                                Type = (BroadcastingCarEventType)br.ReadByte(),
                                Msg = ReadString(br),
                                TimeMs = br.ReadInt32(),
                                CarId = br.ReadInt32(),
                            };

evt.CarData = _entryListCars.FirstOrDefault(x => x.CarIndex == evt.CarId);
                            OnBroadcastingEvent?.Invoke(ConnectionIdentifier, evt);
                        }
    i want to put a condition there so it only invoke if the type byte is = to 4 ( accident ) .

any ideas ?

7. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

How about

Code:
                        case InboundMessageTypes.BROADCASTING_EVENT:
                            {
                                BroadcastingEvent evt = new BroadcastingEvent()
                                {
                                    Type = (BroadcastingCarEventType)br.ReadByte(),
                                    Msg = ReadString(br),
                                    TimeMs = br.ReadInt32(),
                                    CarId = br.ReadInt32(),
                                };

evt.CarData = _entryListCars.FirstOrDefault(x => x.CarIndex == evt.CarId);

if (evt.Type == BroadcastingCarEventType.Accident)
                                {
                                    OnBroadcastingEvent?.Invoke(ConnectionIdentifier, evt);
                                }
                            }

bartouze likes this.
  8. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

oh thanks a lot dude, that is exactly what i was looking for but my syntax was bad !

9. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

in the BroadcastingEventView.xaml

when i replace
    Code:
        <TextBlock Grid.Column="1" Text="{Binding Evt.TimeMs}" />
    wich work

by

Code:
        <TextBlock Grid.Column="1" Text="{Binding SessionTime}" />
    it send me accident but the "SessionTime" column is empty , any idea where i am geting it wrong ? :)

10. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

SessionTime is a part of the SessionInfoViewModel. You need to make this variable accessible from the ViewModel you are working in.

11. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

@Minolin

Now that the console release is coming to a close, is there any chance we can pretty please get some of your time when you have a chance to have a look into the following things which aren't working in the broadcast API....

TeamName - Doesn't display in multiplayer. Does display when running a single player session.
    TimeOfDay - Always displays as 0:00
    WorldPosX - Always 0
    WorldPosY - Always 0
    Yaw - ?
    TrackPosition - Always 0

Accidents come up like #vs. #-1271002704 which you mentioned in the past may be datatype conversion failures.

Also, did RainLevel and Wetness values change with the recent weather updates in the game in 1.4.3 (I think?). We had a high Rain and Flooded race last night and the RainLevel and Wetness values were reporting 60% and 60%. I thought they should have been higher than that?

If you could spare some time to look at these we would appreciate it very much. I have a Live Timing app and updated Broadcasting client waiting to use these once they are working properly.

Thanks,
    Brad

Toon Knapen likes this.
  12. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

^^ I second this, would be nice to get a rough ETA of when this will be fixed.

13. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

Hello @Brado23 , what live-timing app are you building? Just curious because we are also building one, you can see it at https://pitwall.live (and follow the SRO e-sports race of the AM's, Silver's and Pro's this weekend on it with the live video-feed integrated)

14. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Hi mate. I made it for the league I race in (Octane Online Racing (https://www.twitch.tv/octaneonlineracing)). The live timing app can be seen in action at... https://www.twitch.tv/livetiming during races.

Your app looks great. I'll have to try it out.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  15. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

If you want to try it out for your league, just get to our discord and we can set it up. We just add your league in the championship overview and give you an exe that you run when in ACC and that exe will capture all timing data and send it in real-time to our platform for visualisation.

16. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

i tried but i had to make it wrong , i will try again .

i c/p the variable from the sessioninfoviewmodel to the other but not working =)

17. It's not so simple for now. But I'm planning to make a simple installation guide.

18. LiveRacers

LiveRacers Gamer

Hi,

I would like to add ACC to LiveRacers for live timing.

Is there going to be a similar server UDP interface that we can connect for real time data?

Regards,
    Stefan

19. RadstaR

RadstaR Rookie

Any bug fixes in near future ? Or this is final version forever because nobody answer questions and do not repairing many months old bugs :(

Zeraxx likes this.
  20. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

they work on GT4 dlc , and the was intended to be an exemple of what you can do as stated in first post , so it's definitly not the priority i guess :)