1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Track temp has little influence on tire pressures, you should look at ambient temperatures.

You can try it out for yourself tho. Open a hotstint or practice session (not hotlap) and aim for a 20-20C degree ambient & track. Drive 5 laps and record it with MoTeC. Check the readings in MoTeC and adjust the tire pressures so that the average pressures are where you want them to be. Drive another 5 laps and re-check the pressures in MoTeC to make sure they're correct.
    Then enter another session but somewhere in the middle of the night with low ambient temperature (you can go down to 2-2C). I haven't been able to succeed in getting the track temperature lower than the ambient temperature. But use the method I mentioned above to set your tire pressures and drive another 5 laps.
    Then enter another session and increase the ambient temperature with a CLEAR sky to heat up the track more and getting a bigger difference in temperatures between ambient and track. Again, use the method I described above and you will notice track temperature barely has an effect on tire pressures.

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

This rule of thumb has worked very well for me too

3. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Not sure what you inteded here, do you mean 20-20 then 2-2 and finally something like 20-25 (ambient-track)?

4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I never tested this BUT if it is true then i think it is less realistic;As tyres are in contact with tarmac and this is how heat transfer occurs AND remaining heat is dissipated by ambient air.
    So both ambient and track temp should matter.

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

These are 2 MoTeC files with the Audi R8 Evo's default aggressive setup around Paul Ricard using the method I described above. 1 is from a 2-2C ambient & track temperature and the other is 39-51C. Two opposite extremes. I used the method of first creating a 20-20C setup for 27.7psi tires and then adjust the psi by increasing/decreasing them according to the ambient temperature.
    Select the last 2 laps and see what the average tire pressures are.

This method is accurate enough to jump into a session without having time to drive 5 laps and set your tire pressures.

2-2C
    2-2.png
    39-51C
    39-51.png

Attached Files:

sissydriver likes this.
  6. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

edit: nevermind

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I didn't, look at the tire temperatures.

8. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

Yeah I've just done some quick and dirty testing on my own and it's less sensitive to track than ambient. I never tested deeper as it has also worked for me like you said, jump into the session correct and you are fine. That's probably becuase unless you go crazy with the weather it works fine both ways, but it's definitely more sensitive to air. I'll review all my setups I guess....thanks for the heads-up

pdf3108 likes this.
  9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Oblit0r - different pressures hot was what i meant. that you aim for example for 27.6 left front and 28.2 right front.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Ahh, lol... misread it :p

sissydriver likes this.
  11. o_O what?

Vision_Slayer_525 and pdf3108 like this.
  12. Yea, didn't you know that set ups are the only problem of this game and should be reworked asap? If you don't feel like it everything is perfect for you in the game, you fanboy :D:D:D:D:D

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  13. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Thanks everyone - I appreciate not being treated like a total idiot for not touching one of the basics.

Did a very basic test on a couple of MP servers last night - given they're generally very short time formats (15/20mins qually and race) I only had a chance to use default TPs for qually but then went and corrected the TPs based on the HOT pressures aiming to have them at 27.5psi for the race. They seemed to be more consistent in their grip for longer in the race, so it's a start :)

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Hey guys,
    A question about bumpstop rate,I know aris has info on his YT but it is still bit unclear
    Aris says that bumpstop rate value is the force at 10mm of compression.
    My question ->>
    10mm compression of what bumpstop or suspension ?

15. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

That would be bumpstop compression.

16. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Thanks for answer.
    I thought about that as well that it might be force at 10mm compression of bumpstop
    BUT
    since bumpstop curve is NOT flat as aris mentioned, so does that mean the whole curve changes after 10mm if i change the bumpstop rate value ?
    while the first 10mm curve remains unaffected ?

17. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

It's an progressive curve as soon force start to apply at bumpstop

18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Yea i know that is why i'm tad bit confused.
    How will the curve look if it only changes after 10mm ?
    Like for example if i stiffen up the bumpstop rate and since it will only effect curve after 10mm does that mean the entire curve changes?
    Will the bumpstop rate affect the maximum last level force of bumpstop?
    or is the 10mm is maximum compression of bumpstop ?

19. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I don't think it only effects the curve only after 10mm, they don't give you a rate because it's not linear so they just give you a force at a certain compression. If you stiffen up the bumpstop you change the curve from 0 to max compression. 10mm it's a choice, they could give you the force at 15, 20 or 5 or just call it bumpstop 1,2,3,4... and it would work the same way

sps_for_race and AndyK70 like this.
  20. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Aris mentioned 10mm compression specifically though.
    I personally would like to think just as you said i.e the value of bumpstop rate affects the curve from 0 to MAX compression.
    Maybe @Aristotelis can clear things up.