1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BOP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by redlinemotorsport.co.uk, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

The SRO championship has some ballast to add ;)

2. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

Quick question and apologies if in wrong place........ I have been enjoying very much the Porsche but decided after watching the event yesterday to try the 720S but I just cannot seem to get it dialled in at all. I cannot get into the 1:49’s at all at Monza (consistently run 1:49’s in Porsche) and at silverstone I cannot get below the 2:02’s (steady 2:01’s in Porsche). I feel it handles superbly well but I’m just not quick in it so any tips is most appreciated or is their a car set up section?

many thanks in advance
    Baz

3. Karvon

Karvon Rookie

Why don't you just hotlap with Porsche, save the ghost, then play with the Mclaren with Porsche as ghost to see where are you losing time? I used to play with the Aston Martin but tried also the Mclaren. I thought I was "much faster" with the Mclaren but it was just an illusion. The camera is lower and it gives you a more sense of speed compared to the Aston Martin at least, but the truth is that I was faster with the AM despite of my "speed feeling". I would use the ghost car with some offset if neccessary to compare your times visually.

4. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

I also felt the McLaren was faster and close to 1 sec faster in the Aston. The higher engine sound on the McLaren vs Aston also messes with me giving the impression of speed.
    The Aston with lower engine grunt doesn't sound fast, esp after a slow speed corner (final one of SPA).

5. The Aston has no low end whatsoever, and no grunt out of corners. It's its biggest weakness.

6. AusWilko

AusWilko Gamer

Wonder how the new patch will effect things

- Improvements in Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO suspension.
    - Improvements in BMW M6 GT3 aero.
    - Fine tuning in Lexus RC-F GT3 aero yaw sensibility.
    - Improvements in Bentley GT3 2018 inertia and engine values.
    - Improvements in Aston Martin GT3 V8 turbo lag.
    - Core engine work.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  7. drukqs

drukqs Racer

AMG probably still faster than anything else in Monza.

Everything else...dunno.

8. That comment aged well :D

9. Sensei

Sensei Gamer

is this normal to the porche 911 v2 setups for zolder? The only difference between the safe and the aggressive setup is just couple of air psi's.
    Screenshot_103.png Screenshot_104.png

10. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Sorry for being off-topic but what is this software ? It looks so cool !

11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

most probably it is a mistake.

12. It's Simsource. Extremely helpful for setup comparison, fuel and FOV calculation. Access it here. It is a great tool.

Cirith Ungol and Fremen_78 like this.
  13. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Thanks ;-)

SellerieMitDip likes this.
  14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I'm joining this BOP party very late. Just went through some posts very quickly, reading comments about driving style and whatnot but the entry list of the SRO AM championship doesn't lie. They could've just called it the Audi vs Porsche series. I assume one brand or the other had extra weight in these races to make things worse.
    I do find the Porsche has an unrealistic advantage vs the rest that I don't see in real life races.
    sro cars.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  15. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

^no suprises there

16. drukqs

drukqs Racer

this is something i've been saying for sometime already: the Porsche 2019 has an edge over the other cars or at least is much easier to be fast, that is, a proficient but not 'alien' driver will on equal terms, will require much less time and effort to get to a certain pace than on other cars.

I remembered when i started playing the game, i only drove the GTR but didn't understand why was consistently beaten by the Porsche mainly from drivers i knew i was equal or faster.
    Then i did this experience to drive in Catalunya with default setup, and in my second lap with the Porsche I did a time 1 second faster than than the several laps i tried witht the GTR.
    Granted now i can easily beat that time with the GTR, with setup and more car/track knowledge, but still it was an eye opener for me.

Expect the horde of fanbois and denialists to come here and refuse this, they will tell you that BoP should not be checked against one lap time, rather big events. That BoP was made for 3hour races, which by the way doesn't make any sense because 99% of races (and not even counting Open Lobbys here) are less than that, usually between 45m - 90m.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  17. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I had the same experience yesterday at Catalunya. I mainly drive the Lexus and couldn't go faster even with a lot of setup tweak, I just understeered everywhere. I took the aston V8 for the first time and took the aggressive preset and went 1s faster without being that good. I thjnk if you want to be competitive you have to have a combo track / car for each track (ofc not possible in league races). Maybe if the SRO AM took places on more tracks the field could have seen more different cars.

18. in barca 911 was good also with ballast to go top 10 in silver. but it's not the only car imo

fsuarez79 likes this.
  19. Karvon

Karvon Rookie

I should be a noob because I don't like Porsche 911 II. You have to avoid kerbs and it is one of the most traitorous in game (weight transfer when release the brakes/acc, kerbs again, bumps, etc). I love the Aston Martin (maybe too easy to drive? it allows you to use kerbs, very gentle on acceleration, etc). I played a race at hungaroring and SPA yesterday and found the grid very balanced... ferraris, bentleys, bmw, aston, porsches... maybe the less seen are the poor jaguar, the mclaren and Nissan.

20. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

On open server you will see diversity ofc. But if you take a one time event or a limited series like the SRO AM, the competition will be unbalanced.