1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hey @Doug Duthie

I am wondering if this is a bug or just the calculation not refreshing, but it seems to me that the total time in Result statistics does not add up properly. See screenshots below where I determine my total time on Spa in Multiplayer should be around 4 hours, but total time shows 2 hours. Lap count also does not match. I restarted the program to see if it recalculates but it didn't. Maybe it will once it gets more results, not sure, but wanted to let you know.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

It looks like a bug. I think the logic to take account of new sessions maybe isn't fully working. I'll have to do some more testing to see what is going on here. I'll force a full calculation of historic data on the next release to fix the existing statictics up as well

kamkie and JakubFranek like this.
  3. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello Doug

another minor ideas.

1) I was looking at the Leaderboard tab, which I find quite nice to compare oneself to the racers I previously encountered and see where my pace is. It works nicely, but there is a bit of an issue with the heatmap. If you look at the attached screenshot, basically all the lap times, even though they vary by tens of seconds, are marked with full green color. No shading going on. This is because the other extreme, the slowest laptime of all, is occupied by a single lap time of someone setting 9 minute time on Silverstone. This makes the slowest and fastest laptime difference in the order of several minutes and all the nice heatmap shading is lost.
    I think a reasonable and hopefully a not too difficult way to remedy this would be to ignore and potentially not even show these ridiculously slow laptimes. For example anything slower than 125% of the fastest time recorded would be discarded. Or something like that, but this feels like the simplest fix.

2) in Circuits tab you can click average lap time checkbox. The average time there is always much much slower than whatever my average race pace is. For example my ****ty Spa race pace is around 2:22 +- 1 second, with my best being 2:20 and sometimes as slow as 2:25 (at worst for normal valid laps). But the average says 2:29 and I have no idea how it gets that number. I think its either because it averages invalid/out/in laps too (even though the tooltip says it does not), or it averages lap times of other players as well. If thats intended thats OK, but personally I would be interested in knowing whats my personal average valid laptime on the track, i.e. the average race pace, not the average of all the players I encountered. If it is meant to average all players, I'd argue that's misleading, as there is a theoretical lowest possible laptime (lets say on Spa its 2:14,5 or something), but absolutely no bound on the largest lap time. Therefore the distribution would be highly assymetric and an average is therefore very insignificant metric (as opposed to median or probably even better, a modus).

Thanks for your work!

Attached Files:

4. Doug Duthie

1) Makes perfect sense - I'll add in a tolerance so you can decide the slowest time (by percent) to include in the heatmap
    2) It was only your lap times discounting invalid/inlaps/outlaps....however lap 1 of races always showed as regular laps which skewed the results. I'll discount these from now on

kamkie, Cirith Ungol and JakubFranek like this.
  5. Doug Duthie

I had a chance to do some testing last night. I know that for V1.6.0/1.6.1 the result stats weren't updated correctly. It overwrote all history for a track/car combination with just the last track and I think it missed hotstints completely, as well as picking up the notification event twice (so 2 updates instead of 1)

V1.6.2 was intended to fix these issues (it also should have done a full recalculation of stats). I did a quick test last night and stats did look correct and were updating ok (at least for a SP race and hotstint). Can you let me know if this was for V1.6.2 or an earlier version. If V1.6.2, then I need to do some more investigation

6. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Good morning Doug

I can confirm I am using V1.6.2 and my Results statistics tab is definitely not reporting correct stats. It does look like the stats just report the last session for some tracks, for others the stats correctly add a few sessions but it looks like not all of them. SP sessions stats look correct from a glance, but the MP ones are definitely broken. Let me know if I can help you by providing any files.

Have a nice day

7. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

If i click on log, i still sometimes see
    Wrong format while parsing, maybe a mixup of , and . as decimal separators?

8. Doug Duthie

That's fine. The check is there to ensure it isn't trying to open shared memory for AC. Before ACC initialises, the shared memory version isn't set, so you'll get the above warning.

Nothing to worry about

9. Doug Duthie

Doh - schoolboy error :oops: - the query was using the track friendly name, but the Kunos track code was stored in the DB. Explains why it was working for me and not you (I was only testing on Suzuka and Kyalami where the code matches the name, but for Spa, it definitely doesn't)

10. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hey Doug

good to hear you found the culprit but I am not sure if that's the only bug. For me even Suzuka and Kyalami don't really match (although they are close). See attached pictures. Maybe I am summing the wrong column though.

Cheers

EDIT: BTW it seems to me the Gap column in Session tab is not working properly too. For example my last race I know I've been 4 to 6 seconds behind the car in front of me for most of the race. Gap column instead reports 9 to 12 seconds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  11. Doug Duthie

Ignore the duration column...that is the planned duration of a session. The session total time changed recently. It should be the elapsed time between the first car crossing the start line and you crossing the finish line at the end of the event. The main reason here was to get the hotstint times correct. I can't sum the lap times as the first lap for a lot of tracks (not Bathurst curiously though) also includes time from joining session and the formation up to the start line.

** Note: At the moment I use real world time rather than session time to calculate this - if you pause the session, the time will still be off. I plan to move to session time at some point - assuming I can find the data

However, the result statistics are just a sum of the lap times (including the long first lap), so for most circuits the total time will be longer than the session time. I could offer some bull**** reasons why the is justified and the best way of doing it, but actually it is just because I don't have true session times for older sessions (and can't derive them) so it is the only way I have of providing historical stats.

Also, note the Brands Hatch time is way off - this was a known issue where hotstint times/sessions weren't included. It will be sorted in thee next release.

Gaps is a funny one. I use the gap reported by ACC. I've written a lot previously about why it isn't really the true gap (from a leaderboard point of view) as it is the estimated time to get to where the car ahead is (mostly close enough, but can throw some anomalies). In the normal laps view (Player Car or All Cars), the gap is the estimated gap to the next car ahead, regardless of whether that car is a lap down or in the pits or upside down in the gravel trap. For final standings, I calculate the gap to the car ahead in position (not just on track) so will give a better view of the gaps. It does however still use the ACC reported (ie estimated) gaps as a basis, so still isn't what I'd regard as the true gap. At some point, I want to move to calculating the gaps as each car crosses the line

JakubFranek likes this.
  12. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Good stuff, thanks for the info. Looks like Kunos did not really make your job easy, did they :)

13. Doug Duthie

...only because I'm using the data for something it wasn't intended for

14. Hi,

Could you add a fuel per lap column?
    I assume it wouldn't be too hard seems the fuel left after each lap is already displayed.

Thanks

15. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.3 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/)

Headline items:-

Heatmap Tolerance
    Previously, very slow times (especially on the leaderboard) would adversely skew the heatmap (the slowest time would be say red, everything else would be green, giving no differentiation). Now you can specify a tolerance. Here, if the slowest times are >= 110% of the fastest time, they are al; shown as the slowest colour, allowing differentiation on the other times. You can of course enter your own tolerance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driver changes
    Driver changes should now be correctly recorded (previously, the entire session was tagged against one driver)

Lap numbers
    Historically, lap numbers were calculated (the results files didn't have them). Now they are taken from the broadcast interface. The only area where this will be visible is if you start ACC results Companion part way through a session.

Result Statistics
    More bug fixes on result statistics, so they need to be recalculated the first time V1.6.3 is run

16. Doug Duthie

I'll add it to the work item queue.

Note, the average fuel consumption for the session is already available if you needed that

17. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Oooooh, there are columns available for sessions as well, great!

My fuel numbers on the session screen are not rounded, is this on purpose? I.e. fuel per lap column is "3,97618138329188" and in the details of each round it is "25,8624420166016".

It used to be rounded, but since some version it became this long number, not using the "fuel decimal places" setting.

18. Doug Duthie

Oops! :oops:

19. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Thanks for the update Doug, the heatmaps are now much nicer and the total times too :)

BTW I still encounter the Unknown Car / broken session bug from time to time, for example the attached Practice session (but it also happens with Hotlaps, Qualifying etc.). Maybe this could help you figure it out since you said you added more diagnostics outputs in a recent update.

I also just finished a half an hour practice session where I put in roughly 6 laps I think. The session was saved but it contains only one lap! So something went wrong. Attaching those diagnostics too in case you wanted to take a look.

EDIT: I also just added my new PB from that broken practice session and its not really appearing in the leaderboards. Does it not consider manually added sessions? :)

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  20. Doug Duthie

Ok, if you attach the diagnostics, then I'll have a look. For the practice session, it sounds very much like the broadcast session was lost/took a long time to connect.

Yes, at the moment Leaderboards don't count manual sessions. They were originally a quick and dirty way of recording on the circuits page and so didn't set up all the info required for the leaderboards which came later. When I have time, I'll look at fixing these up

JakubFranek likes this.