1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS MoTeC telemetry and dedicated ACC workspace

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

However, you have to set it from time to time if you change the setup

2. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Ofc course you do, everytime you change wheelrates and/or ride height...
    And it's just giving an indication as it doesn't account for fuel burnt, so between full fuel and fumes the variation won't be mesured it will be a supplementary margin of error in the rake evaluation.

3. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

Just gonna put this in here again as probably the 400th member asking for it:

Can we please have GPS data? :D

- havn't seen any answer to this question anywhere, by the dev-team.

trasgu likes this.
  4. I don't think that's even possible lol, but I haven't seen an oficial answer, so who knows

5. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

We used to have it in AC, and I agree with @XzzDSA it was a wonderfull feature, perfect to analyze your lines in Motec... I really wish GPS data comes back in ACC...

upload_2020-6-22_9-14-27.png

6. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I've been asking for this feature and for a fuel level channel since the very first moment motec data was available. I'm quite sure that we will never see those features in ACC, I suspect that NDA's block it to happen, wich is silly as you can access even more from shared memory, you get both fuel level and not only your car position, every single car X, Y coordinates from shared memory with simhub. All that is needed is to export that data to motec. Also there is the fact that they are way too busy with a lot of more important issues as to expend very valuable dev time in what it is the least of the user base worries. Being frank, very few of us are interested in setup work, and way less are interested in telemetry analysis. Just look at Aris's youtube channel, not even him feel comfortable and/or fond of telemetry analysis, he does setup work exclusively by feel.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  7. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

This is probably a very simple (and stupid, maybe) question. Where do I find layer order setups? When I click on a "background" plots other layers such as track map for example get sent to the back and I do not know how to get them back except for recreating them.

8. @seb 6th gear, how did you make this chart with the trajectory when GPS data is available? I am trying to reproduce the same chart in RF2. CAR GPS data is available on RF2 but I don't find how to have the track limits in the chart on top of the GPS car data. The only success I have is to display the trajectory alone :(.

Thank you.

9. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

You need to do three full laps.
    At the end of the outlap just before the start/finish line, you will slow down to 2nd gear and drive the outer line of the track, do it two wheels on track, two wheels out of the track keeping the middle of the car as close as possible of the white line, the more precise you are the better the end result will be.
    At the end of the outline lap, after crossing the start/finish line you can go for a regular lap, just make it clean, try to keep the dry line as much as possible.
    At the end of the regular lap, you will slow down again to 2nd gear just before the start/finish line and drive the inner line of the track, do it two wheels on track, two wheels out of the track keeping the middle of the car as close as possible of the white line, again the more precise you are the better the end result will be.
    That lap achieved just end the last lap to be sure to collect a clean telemetry file.

Now you can go to MoTeC and open you telemetry file of these laps.

Open the track map editor
    Tools / Track Editor / Generate Track

You'll arrive in that window and you will select the laps and types (Drive / Inner / Outer)

upload_2020-6-27_14-13-8.png

And voilà! You know have a track layout that allows you to analyze your driving line!

pnewhook and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.

10. So smart and yet so simple!!! Thank you very much Sir, you just made my day :)

11. Shaggy92

Shaggy92 Rookie

Hey guys, I've recently starting dipping my toes into telemetry stuff and completely geeking out so far :D .

I am however struggling to figure out how to 'calculate' optimal shift rpm from the telemetry, does anyone have a quick and dirty explanation or tutorial or something?

Thanks! :D

12. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

@Shaggy92 don't re-invent the wheel, you already have everything you need in:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-telemetry-and-dedicated-acc-workspace.55103/

there is a section dedicated
    "ENGINE REVS WORKSHEET
    This worksheet visualises the engine usage and gear usage through a complete lap. It can also help to determine and instruct the driver to use the best revs range of the engine, to take advantage of the best acceleration possible. Keep in mind that GT3 engines are heavily restricted by rules, so for most of them, pushing the engine to the rev limiter is counterproductive. This worksheet is the perfect place to understand how to use the engine."

Calculations are possible of course but you need to know the exact mass, the acceleration, the gearing ratios, the exact diameter of the wheels...
    these existing graphs give you a rough estimate of the peak power and acceleration per gear so at the crossovers you get your optimum shift points.

Shaggy92 likes this.
  13. Shaggy92

Shaggy92 Rookie

@seb 6th gear yeah I've seen and read that, the thing is that I can't figure out how t to translate those graphs to peak power/torque and with that, optimal shifting point :D. It's probably not that hard but I just don't see it...

14. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

The graphs on the left gives you the longitudinal G per gear at all rev speeds, so pick the highest acceleration color and look where it ends and compare with next gear rev at that speed to see if the acceleration is higher or lower. You can find on the right hand side graph the saw tooth graph (rev/speed) the rev at next gear for any given shift point.

15. But here you're using GPS data, and ACC doesn't provide it...

16. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Yeah I know and that's unfortunate that's why I first stated in a previous post above:

17. O so you were talking about how you used to do it on AC, okay, I didn't understand you :)

18. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

No worries, and I posted the method because Amiral Manouche asked how to do it in rF2

19. Anyone having this problem? it doesn't show me the laps, it only shows me 1 of all the time I practice

https://imgur.com/miC8TP3

20. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer