1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I’ve got less frame skipping/ micro stutter with 450.82. Seems to be the best driver for a while for me. Although it’s missing the image sharpening feature.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  2. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

You could try to add the reshade filters and use the sharpening there instead (unless it's dependent on the feature in the driver).
    Procedure here: https://www.techarp.com/games/reshade-geforce-experience/

I'm using three filters:
    Color - to get rid of the unlikeable yellow tone in ACC
    Brightness/Contrast - to brighten up the image a bit (because I use strobing which reduces brightness)
    Sharpen - which does exactly the same as the sharpening in the drivers (Sharpen and Ignore film grain)

Beware that it's costing me about 3-5 fps though.

3. I’ve removed all the junk from the driver so I’ve just got what’s needed for it to work. I use HDR anyway so as I’m led to believe the sharpening feature doesn’t work with it. You can change the colour tone in the video settings try cool if the defaults not what you like

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im still on 441.41 and too scared to upgrade ! Is it really better for Pascal users ?

5. You could always try it and then downgrade if you feel it’s not working for you.

6. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

Confirm. 450.82 very stable and smooth fps. The best for the Oculus!

7. marph

marph Gamer

Is it somewhere downloadable without subscribing at NVIDIA?

I mean the 450.82

8. RWa

RWa Simracer

Why not subscribe? 1 minute work.

sissydriver likes this.
  9. Just realised that 450.82 breaks hdr on my monitor everything is just a lot lot darker even in sdr. 450.12 also has an issue where I’m unable to get 10bit colour in the monitor options as well.

10. BenZ_67

BenZ_67 Rookie

Attached Files:

dek, Whitestar, marph and 1 other person like this.
  11. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

New Cuda 11 developer drivers 451.22 have hardware accelerated GPU scheduling enabled in Win10 2004. They are super smooth like butter. You don't need a developer account to download. Just search Cuda 11 toolkit. It's a 2.7gb download that has a lot developer stuff you don't need so choose custom install.

cuda.JPG

12. Globespy

Globespy Racer

You don't need a dev account - and you certainly don't need a 2.7GB file!
    Here's a link for just the driver you need (standard driver, not the DCH version which most avoid):
    https://mega.nz/file/NUlCnIRY#uqkGIg0S_WsKe4UmtTTMN34Pfvui7o1JJ8ic9SQl7bc

Also, HAGS (Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling) should left turned off especially if you race in VR, but probably just leave it off for now as it's still problematic and causing significant frametime issues which will manifest as micro stutters in many titles - hopefully this will be resolved in the near future and an official 45X.xx driver will be released to the public.
    Also be sure to use DDU (must be in safe mode - as in your PC will reboot to safe mode if you setup DDU properly) to remove existing Nvidia driver.

This 451.22 driver is still worth running if you are on Win 10 2004, if you have not upgraded and still on Win 10 1903/1909 then 442.59 would be a better choice for both GTX and RTX cards.

13. Hypersonix

Hypersonix Rookie

I'm running 445.87 with a GTX 1080 ti, should I not be? Would 442.49 be better? My monitor is 3440x1440 at 100hz.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

451.22 seems to be really good with Windows 2004 - must test more, anyway thank you @buddhatree and @Globespy :)

buddhatree and Hypersonix like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

man for a quick second i thought i slept through a version of windows through the mid 2000's... :cool:

buddhatree and sissydriver like this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Nvidia search indicates that I should use 446.14.

I'm still on 432.00, I don't like to update unless I know there will a benefit, otherwise more trouble than its worth to update for no performance gain.

Any comments ?

I'm on 1909.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@LATE4APEX - 450.82 was the best driver for me with 1909 - stable(!), smooth, no problems. install and forget ;)

18. cooknn

cooknn Alien

446.14 are working beautifully for me on Windows version 2004.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Where did you find 450.82, Nvidia search comes up with 446.14 for my and your card, doesn't even list 450.82 that I can find on Nvidia.

And I don't use that Geforce Bad Experience mess.

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

450.82 were developer drivers. They've updated to 450.99. They can be found here (account required): https://developer.nvidia.com/directx

LATE4APEX likes this.