1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is it all on the driver?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. I asked that and made the suggestion a few times as well but seems my comments are ignored.

2. noikeee

noikeee Rookie

If I already had some previous background knowledge on how ACC apps are packaged, which programming language can they be developed on, how to overlay a message on top of the UI etc, it wouldn't come out perfect but I'd actually take you on that bet.

My point is it's a relatively trivial thing for Kunos to develop if they so wish to do so. It's more a UI element than really anything mathematical, to present a rough estimate like that. Of course if they want it to be laser accurate and estimate it to more precision taking more factors into account, then it becomes more complex.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I just don't accept that. It may well turn out to be easy, but I've been involved in enough product development to know that nothing is as easy as it seems.

4. noikeee

noikeee Rookie

And I've coded for a living for 10 years. A rough fuel estimate is something that would take a couple of days to develop if you're being generous.

My guess is this isn't in the game because either a) it never came up ; b) it was deemed unimportant/low priority ; c) it would complicate the setup UI that they're keeping as sleek as possible ; d) being a super serious racing simulator they'd want to do it the super proper way of a full blown AI race engineer, either that or nothing, and that yes would take weeks if not months to develop.

5. I don't either.
    The only way someone couldn't make a common sense calculation before the race is if that person has been skipping Practice and Qualifying sessions.

Have you been skipping Practice or Qualifying sessions?
    If you aren't skipping, are those sessions reduced?

Full length practice sessions provide more than enough data and time to make your own calculations. You could tune a car and have a race setup saved before you even qualify.

Not to say that you/others don't have a point about the lack of crew/team whom would assist or make suggestions - I've agreed on many.

On the topic of calculations, something isn't adding up.

surtic86 likes this.
  6. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Again. Those online calculators must be created by some genious if you think this is something hard to do...

surtic86 likes this.
  7. or.. the most simple one: you just don't have those "couple days" available :)

8. noikeee

noikeee Rookie

That's the same as low priority, isn't it? But I'm happy enough if things like the GT4s are taking that development time. ;)

surtic86 and stefanoCasillo like this.
  9. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

One of my job functions is, industrial automation coding, operator interface design.
    Can't count the number of times some plant manger, mechanical engineer, purchasing manger, etc., asked me, "can't you just "*******", I'll be back in 10 minutes"

Its always easy,... for someone else to do it.

Plus, the debugging time required, because someone complained that they lost a race because the automated fuel calculator estimated too much fuel.

10. Si.

Si. Simracer

Or maybe just save a setup(s) named x litres y minutes that you calculate once and then use your brain to adjust all others from that. No need for excel, calculators or development time that can be better spent elsewhere.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Comparisons to AC are not sound. Apples vs Oranges. ACC has wet weather, 24 hour cycle (which impacts turbos etc..) and more sophisticated fuel maps. This can drastically change your lap times and fuel consumption creating a range of scenarios and results.

I'm not saying it cannot be done if their product depended on it, however I'm fine with the way it is, and plugging a couple of numbers into a calc is monkeys play.

If I can't be a$$ed then the 20lt per 10 min rule applies which then can be adjusted between 15-20 lt for wet weather sessions..

lets just say if Kunos could only allocate 3 days dev time between a robust fuel calc and grid girls I know which one I would choose..

12. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

It looks you don't understand the meaning of this Thread. I think we all here know there are tools to calculate it or do it by yourself.

This thread is more about that it would be really nice to have such handy Tools direct in the Game! That you don't need other tools to do such a simple Task like Fuel Calculation.

MrBungle and Vítor Sousa like this.
  13. Actually I have been around this thread since the beginning and agreed on many points like the OP's original post, but the staff/devs already provided a response.

Everyone has been discussing calculations and other options.

Helps if you follow along... it is all related.

Edit:
    By the way - the OP isn't asking for tools to do calculations in the game, he/she asked for tools that automatically does the calculations.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    LATE4APEX likes this.
  14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I've made a Race Engineer app to do exactly this - see this thread.

noikeee, Epistolarius, chksix and 4 others like this.
  15. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Yes he is asking why he needs to do it and the Games is not doing it byitself. Just because your longer active in this Threads menas not you'r right. Also his hint on the Console will let you know he is aasking for it in Game because on Console we cant have a CrewChef or other Tools wo read data from the Game.

Wow nice work!

MrBungle likes this.
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

OK, so I guess it was easy then. :D

Thanks WallyM

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. What are you going on about...

Again,
    It is you whom misunderstood the meaning of this thread and you whom is wrong - not me.
    You literally just said one thing, was wrong, then turned around and said another to sound right.

Stop trying to randomly explain obvious crap to me for no reason... it is annoying and you are coming off as a tool.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  18. Dude why dont you use those tools then?

Or, even better, why dont you build those tools for yourself?
    ;)

If it does not require a genius, I am sure you are enough "smart" to make it. :)
    Have a try!

LATE4APEX likes this.
  19. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

I guess you didn't read the part where I said I changed my Sim Hub dash to give me a basic estimation on how much psi to change when I enter pits.
    I had it showing last reading as you can see now on setup menu, and it took me a whole 2 minutes to accomplish what I wanted for dry conditions. Need probably 2 more minutes to do it for rain as well.
    Will loose more time in the future for fuel.

But this thread is not for users like me who want's to delve deeper into the simulation, but for those beginners who would really benefit from something like this. I guess you just don't want them to have an easier time entering the sim racing world...

surtic86 likes this.
  20. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

CP races 5 min practise including initial setup, Quali; possibly different conditions tyre pressure may need adjustment after 3-4 laps race; possible different conditions... Have a guess? If you run offline or in fixed conditions that you dictate it's easy.

I spent a lot of time in the game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk