1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Shaun Field

Shaun Field Gamer

2. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yeah. Saw that and thought the same. Don't know what the white car wanted to do there

3. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Has it ever happened? You fire up the PC for some racing, only to find each and every race you find full of idiots who cannot hold their piss on the starting straight into T1.
    I feel like I have played a few rounds of wreckfest and have had an aweful day at racing and my SA has taken a hit for it, which means I am stuck on servers with more clowns.
    I think a lot of drivers lately are lacking the positional awareness of where other cars are.
    Like, you brake, move to give em some room and baaaammm, they hit into you as if you were not there. I call them the hotlappers. Have zero race craft and are unable to share a track with other cars without wrecking races for half the grid.
    I have been a victim of this today and I had seen it on a number of occasions too throughout the races. This is the one downside with ACC getting more popular, it attracts the clowns.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Breaking point should be reserved for loosing a loved one or your whole family or when you find out you have been repeatedly cheated on. Not computer games. Take a break mate or play SP. Trying to understand idiots will only send you crazy.

drukqs and LATE4APEX like this.
  5. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Don't struggle with it, thought racing in a league make more sense because of that what you say..... It doesn't...
    not as long you can compete in top tier.
    it has nothing to do with ACC, its how people act on-line

6. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Pushed to the breakingpoint by people not making their breakingpoint.

Coanda likes this.
  7. GONKO

GONKO Racer

It's just frustrating. You get a few hours free and go for some fun and unwind and everyone decides it's everyone else's responsibility to move out of their way at T1.
    Chaos lads, chaos.
    I should have uploaded some replays. Comical.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The only solution is an automatic debit from the player's RL bank account every time their car hits anything.

SlowLarry likes this.
  9. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I've had some similarly frustrating races recently with my SA varying by 7pts! Last night I qualified mid grid at Zolder, which I knew wasn't going to be good. And surprise surprise, I get punted at T1 trying to avoid 2 spinners in front of me and end up dead last, having to restart the engine. Then, a couple of laps later the car behind me seemed to miss their braking point for the final chicane and used me as a brake instead but luckily no spin there.

Frustrating as those races have been, I've still been learning from them; keep a cool head and persevere when you get punted - my SA dropped by 2pts after that first corner at Zolder but by the end of the race it was back up to what it was. Don't rage quit, however tempting it may be - I think I've only quit once or twice when my damage has been very severe. Don't be aggressive on lap 1. Again, I've had to learn not to go for most gaps on L1 unless I know it's pretty much a 0 risk move. And just acceptance of the fact that you have good days and bad, that helps.

Not sure that much of that will help as there's no magic bullet but what I do tend to do is look back at any incidents I have and try to think how I could have avoided them. Sometimes the answer is 'nothing' but actually quite often there is something you could have done to mitigate the risk, if you try to be objective.

10. This!

I think it has been said before, but even if you're involved in an accident in which you're a victim, you can very often anticipate.
    These days I'm only racing 2-3 hours a week, so I only do 'quick joins': the servers some of you seem the "hate". I have often loads of fun. Yesterday I avoided multiple cars in a huge crash at Spa on the straight to Eau Rouge, which got me more excited than overtaking someone on the outside. A few laps later someone made contact with me while spinning (not my fault, but avoidable) and got damaged and lost some pace. in the following laps I had a great fight with 2 other cars where we ran 2 wide and even 3 wide in some consecutive corners!
    I don't see the hate on these open servers; apparently, most of the time I seem to be in 'the good servers'.

Anticipating can bring you very far. Maybe it's because I'm a biker and I always have to anticipate in real life? It's esport, people can do things without consequence and some are just stupid, but the majority is racing fair or is trying to.

As said, I don't have a lot of time to race, I only do quickjoins and my SA is only going up (75 now). Sometimes I make my quali-laps invalid to start last and fight my way up, sometimes I start in front and finish in front, so I get a bit of everything trowed at me.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Hagen and TurboTomato like this.
  11. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

So last night was one of the 'bad days' :eek::D

Everybody seemingly driving into me, me making mistakes (got frustrated after being punted Spa, faked a move at Pouhon to find that the other driver actually left me room, had a massive twitch and spun taking him out as well - sorry Bentley). But then there's my learning - I got impatient and shouldn't have done the move where I did on the Bentley *shrugs*. Onward and upward, hopefully better tonight.

12. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Last night was a dumpster fire for me I actually got kicked from a server for trying to race people. I join this Barcelona server, its filled with AM rated drivers which is normally fine (the ratings in this game don't always mean much), I do 2 laps in qualifying and immediately end up P2 0.009 off P1. Race starts and I immediately find myself in the lead, I make a small mistake at T11 and the P1 guy finds his way around me and the next guy decides in the same corner to try and make a divebomb pass on the outside of me as well and turns in on me pit maneuvering himself in the process. I continue on now in P3 (another guy got around me in the process of that). P1 and P2 start battling back and forth and so I catch up about a lap or so later, again we get to T11 and the P2 car brakes a bit early and I'm too close and bump him. Totally my fault. I apologize and wait for him to turn around and go and hes just sitting there backwards so I say screw it and go. I catch up to the pack again in a couple of laps and the guy ahead of me in a GTR is driving the wheels off it trying to stay ahead of me hitting the dirt in every corner he goes way wide and out of control at T14 and I end up side by side with him, he turns right in and bounces off of me, cuts straight through the turn and ends up ahead but slower, so now on T16 I am on the inside of him about to complete the pass I'm at his door mirror and he pushes into the inside line hits me, and then again and I spin out.

I rightfully ask wtf over the chat, and then turn around and finish up the race. Race finish and the Server owner says that he will "Immediately kick anyone who cuts off the racing line of another car" last I checked that was how to .... you know... race people. Then I get kicked. Pissed me off for the rest of the night theres no way the guy had the chance to even review the replay as the finish had only been about 10 seconds before (he finished P2 or P3, I did not have any contact with him but did see him on track), nor did he even give me a chance to reply. This is what I get for playing on random servers.

13. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yeah AM players tend a to defend a bit like I see in Gran Turismo, they wave in the straight line so you don't pass. With those kinds of driver you really have to wait they make a mistake (which they do every 2 corners :D) and do a clean pass. But when they're behind you be careful because as I said, they do a lot of mistakes and one of them is braking too late, into your butt. :D

Snoeipaard likes this.
  14. dek

dek Racer

Usually around 95 to 99 SA. Lost 10 Pts last few days due those guys down to 89...:(

15. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I got kicked off some servers too for being faster.
    Generally the AM level drivers are new to ACC, are defending positions that are lost, end up causing a crash and then automatically blame the passing car for not being a clean pass. In reality, the pass was clean and done, but the defending car won't accept defeat and retry....no...they must not be passed and resort to crashing.

Then they act by kicking good drivers off their server, and wonder why they never improve as drivers.

16. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Its tough to judge. I have joined servers full of AM drivers and had an excellent respectable race. A couple times recently there were races I was in there an AM driver wiped the floor with us. But very often I see exactly like you say. And with how damage affects the car if your front splitter gets bent your race is basically over. Frustrating for me because I play late at night so I'm just looking for servers with a lot of cars which will have good competition. And pickings are slim at that time.

17. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

18. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Do you really expect anyone here to believe this nonsense you are talking? You got kicked from several servers because you where too fast? And because of that, other drivers crashed into you? Really?

Dude, last time around you where telling us you were struggeling to keep your safety rating above 50. You where blaming the world for getting crashed into all the time. You posted numerous video's, in all off which you where clearely at fault.

You then where given good advice from a lot of members here, on how to change your approach and work on your skills, but you wouldn't have any of it and even got very aggressive towards a few forum members.

I'm pretty sure you where kicked from these servers for good reason. Please stop posting nonsense and get to work on your driving skills asap.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    chksix and Winston like this.
  19. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

On an upward curve happily at the moment, and mostly keeping out of trouble. SA at 99.

dek likes this.
  20. mitchgixer6

mitchgixer6 Gamer

This doesn't really matter to be honest. It will come back up again, and you're still at the level where you can enter most servers as well as the CP servers, so don't sweat it.