1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is it all on the driver?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I'd be perfectly happy tools.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  2. ah yeah, very short, thats not enough time for you to prep for race conditions. You would need a calculated suggestion for sure.

I am not a fan of static/fixed conditions personally... too predictable for my taste.

MrBungle likes this.
  3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Agreed, but isn´t that part of the fun of being a racer ?
    You might not always get your setup picture perfect, but the fun to be had in trying to milk out everything you can from the car under such circumstances is more than enormous, ain´t it, especially when it works ^^

Salvatore Amato and LATE4APEX like this.
  4. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

No, CP races change conditions sometimes, from P to Q to R I have written this so many times sound like a parrot! Think about it, you go into a wet session with 0 data you are guessing if your not a sim genius, that's not fun imo and can ruin a race from lap 3, specifically talking about CP races.

surtic86 likes this.
  5. Sounds more like debating personal preferences... no one is wrong.

I expect changes between sessions because I prefer dynamic and persistence in simulations. So for me it is normal to adapt to changes between sessions because of the time gap simulated between, like gaps between in real life.
    This is also why I opt for full-legth sessions and dislike short events like many hosted online.
    ^
    Obviously, based on the above, I enjoy the chance for error and challenge.

But I can see the OP's issue especially with shorter sessions being a factor.

6. Thats cool and consider this: it's the same for everybody.
    Are you sure that if everybody would know everything, it would be better for you?
    Anyway if you collect some data you will gain enough experience to deal with it ;)

7. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

What a stupid argument. Why should everyones tyre pressure and fuel load be inaccurate unless they personally collect data from every car, track temperature, track condition, i mean just ...no

surtic86 likes this.
  8. First of all, weather is always a bit unpredictable.
    In short: you may know if it is gonna rain, be sunny, or cloudy; you may predict a range of temperatures, if you are lucky.
    But you may never know the exact temperature of asphalt and ambient, a day before.
    Which means the informations you have during FP or Q, could also be potentially wrong IRL.
    And so, as of a consequence of the will to reach extreme realism, you should potentially get wrong weather info in game too...I may guess you reaction! eheheheheeh
    And this is not even the point, I guess.

The only way you have, is to measure it at the moment of the start, actually a couple of minutes before, and then adjust your tires accordingly.
    That's exactly what you can do now, since you know track and air temperature before the start, and you can adjust your psi right before the start also in game.
    You can also change setup, which is not realistic, but nobody moans for that.

Which means, without any doubt, that your pressure will never be perfect, preset.
    Unless you engineers have the instinct and experience required.
    For that reason, getting the right tires is part of the game. A core part of the real game, and a core part of kunos games.
    A crucial part indeed.

Since, unfortunately, the system is so damn cool and complicated, they cannot develop what you want in a day, which they may have not anyway.
    That's the reason why there are teams out there, also in simracing. But there are also excellent private solo players...

All this makes your request pointless, which makes it, so to speak, stupid, in a sense.

To finally quit, because "discussing" it with you has been truly an unpleasant experience, buddy:
    1) I prefer it the way it is now anyway.
    2) Not everyone see what you said as a problem.

9. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Well then can we talk again about how they could Implement such a System and Help Players who are not that Experience as some here in the Forum. It does not need to be Perfect to Help Players. It will not destroy the Experience of the advanced Players because they can still max it out to Perfection with the Temperature.

Suggestions to help the Players with PIS and Fuel
    • Track Information about the driven Stint (Racetrack, Car, Track- / Ambient-Temperature, Wetness, PSI (each Tyre) in Setup, PSI (each Tyre) at the end of the Stint, Fuel Usage)
    • On Session join you will have a Information Message about that you already driven in this Condition or Close to it and gives you the Option to override the PSI.
    • On the Session start of the Race you get a Information about the Fuel to calculate it for the Race and set it (Game knows Race length, Fuel Usage, + Start and Endlap ). When the Fuel needed is more then the Fuel Tank can Handle you see it Red like 170l /130l Capacity. So in this you need to create / make yourself the change / and Pitstop.
    With this kind of approach you have the Driving Style of the Driver in it.

I think with such a Setup you could help a lot of Players out there and make there life a bit easier. It's not magic AI but sure it will take 1-2 Weeks to Implement such a System in the Game.

MrBungle and Salvatore Amato like this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, nothing to it !

11. For now something useful you can do is to save the same setup in several istances, with some reference on the conditions it was made with, and psi used.
    So that you can at least go around something you know it works in similar conditions.
    And then for fuel go safe, 10 or 15 liters more or less don't change much with these cars.

The point is that the "optimal" is setup dependant, and the setup is conditions dependant, within the same track.
    This is why it's a tool like that would not be that useful, unless it covers all possibilities.
    Kunos where developing such a thing during EA, or right after 1.0 ( I don't remember precisely), but then they had to leave it, probably because the physics can change and it is a huge effort .
    More difficult then it may seem at a first approach maybe.

Anyway you can, let's say, prepare yourself for five or six possible scenarios, in case you have not time to prepare for specific conditions, like in a league.
    if you don't want to twick anything on the setup, but only do some small changes here and there, then aiming for 27-28 psi is good. Otherwise, it may change.
    So you can just do a race, save the setup you used reporting conditions and psi in all 4 tires. And you are done.

12. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

@Salvatore Amato : Don't worry about me. I do already kind of this for my League Racings where we can have changing Weather. I also know how to calculate the optimal PSI and Fuel for Race.

No you don't need to cover always all Possibility. Most time you search for the most common things like 70 to 90% of the Users. We here in the Forum i would say jus the really small rest like 5 to 15%. We investigate much more time into the Game than others and interact with the Developers.

The most Guys who would benefit from such a System are Using the Default Setups. So they always drive with the same Setup on the Track and mostly don't have different Setups for Qualifying and Race they just change the Fuel.
    So in this case you have mostly the same Conditions on the Car. Eventually you change a bit of the Setup but you Drive then again and this will get Saved (Stint Infos).

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  13. Bailing off this topic/thread.
    The argument on one side continues as if KS Dev/Staff never commented.

The OP and others have made their points...
    Many have provided information and tools...
    The dev/staff have all but labeled this AS DESIGNED based on their response...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    chksix likes this.
  14. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

I love doing all the strategy, Tyree and fuel choices. It is part of the racing and personally I would be disappointed if game just set everything for me and hold my hand.

And everyone can simply calculate fuel via Race Fuel Calculator for ACC here: https://mythiq.net/fuelcalc/

15. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Can one of the devs just say AS DESIGNED to give this dude his dream.

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  16. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Best if you read the thread. This isn't about single player setting up the car with unlimited practice. It's about racing online in random CP servers when weather can change per session leaving us to guess tyre pressures or use wizardry maths. It's always going to devide opinions between the sim racers and the simulation fanatics.

17. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Anyhow this thread is completely pointless atm because for at least a week the CP servers are bugged out saying they are full, when someone does manage to get in they find an empty server.

18. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

I know. I also talking just about MP and CP. Honestly I’ve never played SP in ACC.

And in MP it is all about preparation - just like in real life. Over time you know where are base lines of setup for particular conditions and then in not take much time to do strategy and car setup, even at CP races with short F and Q I am able to do really good setup .

But again. it is all about personal taste and preferences. I like to do everything on my own.

19. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

What about when it's a Rainy Race? But P and Q are dry? What's your strategy when it's Damp? Because I can assure you the default psi in some cars it waaaaayyyyy off? You wouldn't have had that precious 5 minutes.

20. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Then I do following:
    1. I use my own setup for particular track made for wet conditions.
    2. All I need to do then is just to adjust it little bit to current temperature / rain intensity.

And if is track just damp and at the first glance track not looking like ice, then I usually go just for my usual setup from Q, adjust pressures according to temperatures and lower down the brake cooling to help heat up tyres at damp surface.
    But yea, I drive only with one car and I know how it behave in different conditions (so I +/- know what PSI is needed if temperature from Q to R drops by 6°etc.) and what to adjust to fit my driving style in that conditions. I also made 3 setups for each track (hot, cold, wet) as base line for different conditions which helps me react quickly and I don't need much time to adjust these setups.

But still there is a lot variables and also if I do perfect setup for race, then in middle of race conditions can dramatically change and then it is just about being consistent and do whats possible to maintain car in good operational window. And if I lost trust in car, then I starting considering if I should pit and change tyres/pressures or stay on track but with more unstable car and risk more.