1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

If you are using Win10 20H2 for AC and especially ACC, then you absolutely have to go get the 455.41 driver.
    It is absolutely the 'cat's meow'.

cooknn likes this.
  2. cooknn

cooknn Alien

What is 20H2? [EDIT] Googled. Now I want the Developer Preview ;)

3. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  4. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Au contraire, mon frère. Ils existent :)

anthony galmiche likes this.
  5. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

New drivers 451.48 released 24/6 with support for hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on Windows 2004. Has anyone taken the plunge yet?

6. anthony galmiche

Hello,
    yes I just tried them on ACC and I must say that I expected better, I lost 5/6 fps, nothing dramatic, just to say.
    i am on an insider version of windows namely build 20152.rs_prerelease.200617-1502
    which may explain this loss.

7. Alex S

Alex S Racer

Tried 451.88 with my Rift S and its dropping frames silly. Back to 441.87 game looks a little "smudgy" but at least its smooth.

Win10 1909 with latest updates.

8. aaaape

aaaape Racer

I ran it today on my Rift s also and it ran good for me. I am on windows 2004 though.

9. aaaape

aaaape Racer

From what I've found the Advanced GPU Scheduling works on Pascal GTX 10xx graphics cards or newer. Go to windows settings, search Graphics setting, turn it on and restart your PC. Toms Hardware did some testing and it does benefit some games only a little even on a GTX 1050. On some games frames can be slightly worse but not much.

I'm on win 2004 and the latest nvidia driver 451.48 so I compared on vs. off briefly in ACC VR running my Rift S at 80fps except on the grid with no ASW. On the grid FPS seemed very slightly less stable with it enabled so I disabled it. I did not test it in flat mode. Hopefully it will get better with time.

Whitestar likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Updated to 451.67 on w10-1909 and it does not feel smooth. I have been FPS capping through inspector at 60.7 however with this driver I have a lot more tearing.. I now have to cap through ACC for it to be playable..

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

back to 446.14. Smooth with no tearing.. :cool:

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  12. deni80s

deni80s Gamer

I will try window 10 (2004) with 451 drivers (was on win10 - 1909).
    if nothing good comes of it, I'll go back to 1909 and 446.14

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

I've been on 441.41 since , well since it was released and it seems fine and i'm not willing to try newer drivers unless either more frames or better frame times but from what i've seen nVidia have had a hard time even with RTX card drivers .
    I wonder what 441.41 vs 446.14 performance differences are ? Probably very similar . I'm on 1903 for some reason ! I thought i was on 1090 but i have a nice alert on my update page showing 2004 is very near and i have updates pending me press "that" button !!

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

455.41 here - very good fps, and no stutters, smooth and fine (win2004)

cooknn likes this.
  15. dek

dek Racer

451.67 / win2004 here and all fine.

I do not cap frames.

16. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Still don’t really understand the urge to upgrade to the latest driver if you already have a good, working setup. Even if they gave better FPS, it’s unlikely to be that noticeable unless your existing driver really performs poorly. New drivers rarely offer anything for sim racing games and often make things worse.

Fremen_78 and Stains like this.
  17. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

It’s more like a fetish for me? I just like everything to be the latest. And drivers are cheap...

18. anthony galmiche

+1