1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

APP: ACC Engineer

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

If this application was an ingame feature and is off a few litres, the forum would be full with people complaining. Same with pressure, so many factors are affecting pressure a simple tool wont get the pressure right all the time.

But people just like to complain, if acc had more "setup assists" all the purist Simracer would complain how this game is too easy.

Snoeipaard and LATE4APEX like this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't get this argumentation. It's easy to focus on the negative and say people would just continue to complain and nitpick no matter what Kunos implements. But what about the majority of players that would be helped with at least a little bit of guidance? It doesn't have to be perfect. Doesn't have to do everything automatically. Even just a little bit of guidance so that players can get more easily to good results on their own would be a worthwhile addition. And I don't see how that makes it "too easy" either, it's rather like teaching people to drive. If anything it helps competition and the game's user base.

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

For pros and cons, refer this thread.

4. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Wow, that was inspired my my thread, let me tell you, I am inspired by you!

Now this is where the impossible comes in, what happens if Q is dry and R is wet? Could there be some sore of weather implementation that suggests pressure due to conditions or even recommendations for tyre selection?

What an achievement, I wish I had a brain like yours but then I probably wouldn't need apps!

Cant wait to try your app!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    LATE4APEX, WallyM and After_Midnight like this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Of coarse that would be the result of something like this being implemented by Kunos.

Just something else for the complainers to complain about, and possible justification as to why Kunos hasn't done something like this yet.

Is the app by Wally appreciated, and really helpful, of coarse, thanks again Wally.

But Wally, it needs more automation,... ;)

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I put up a new version in the first post which lets you have different front and rear PSI targets.

7. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

The issue with rain or wet is it depends a lot on the standing water. When i switch from dry pressure to wet pressure i usually have to add 1,0 psi but when the standing water is above 20% is have to add another 1,0 psi. When its now also warm and not cooled down because of the rain you need a completly different pressure.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I uploaded a new version which tells you at the end of each lap if any of your tyres are, on average, too hot or too cold (using Aris's stated range of 70 - 90 for slicks, 30 - 70 for wets).

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

He stated 70-90 is optimal but the dry tires works still well from 60 and up to 105.
    I would suggest to add this region as yellow notice but not as a red warning.

10. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Hey thanks for the app @WallyM nice job.

After_Midnight and WallyM like this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

New version - exclude outlier slow laps from average lap time (for a better fuel calculation).

Whitestar, AndyK70, surtic86 and 3 others like this.
  12. marcos1988

marcos1988 Racer

Bloody brilliant!! Thank you for this awesome app!

WallyM likes this.
  13. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

Tested your new Version and looks like there is a Bug. Was driving in Qualifying some Rounds. Avg Lap is not filled out.... so we get a INT -2,147,483,648 ;)

ACC Race Engineer 1.0.0.4 2020-06-28 10.32.50.png

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thanks, I'll take a look some time. I only ever tried practice sessions.

surtic86 and After_Midnight like this.
  15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I'm not sure how you managed to do 12 laps and not have an average lap time, but I put up a potential fix (still version 1.0.0.4).

After_Midnight and chksix like this.
  16. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Same here but practice and qualifying at Barcelona.

17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Did you try the new version I uploaded a few hours ago?

surtic86 likes this.
  18. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

New version worked fine. Great little tool many thanks Wally.

After_Midnight and WallyM like this.
  19. Psit

Psit Alien

Thank you for the app, gonna try it soon!

WallyM likes this.
  20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Here's a beta version of the app that helps you with understeer and oversteer. Feedback welcome.

You need to enter your car's Steering Ratio (from your setup). As you're cornering, the app detects how often you're understeering and oversteering, which it displays as 4 percentages which indicate how much of the time you're understeering or oversteering while cornering (over the last 2 laps):

Low speed US
    High speed US
    Low speed OS
    High Speed OS

If your percentage is 0%, then you are never understeering. The higher the percentage, the more of the readings taken while cornering are in an understeer or oversteer situation. If the number is "too high", try to adjust your driving or your setup to lower the percentage.

The app also flashes up a red indication when you're understeering and blue when you're oversteering, next to the percentages.

How it works
    The app measures the ratio of your steered angle (at the wheels, not the steering wheel) to the car's rotational velocity. If you have massively turned your steering wheel, but the car is not rotating much, you are understeering. If you have not turned your steering wheel much but your car is turning around, you are oversteering.

What you can tweak
    If you're unhappy with the results, you can adjust some settings in the registry, under the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\ACC Engineer\UsOs.

SlowCornerSpeed is the max speed in kph that is regarded as a slow corner. Defaults to 120.

UndersteerThreshold: If the steer/yaw ratio is BIGGER than this number, you're regarded as understeering. Making this number smaller makes the app think you're understeering more often. Making it bigger makes the app think you're understeering less often.

OversteerThreshold: If the steer/yaw ratio is SMALLER than this number, you're regarded as oversteering. Making this number bigger makes the app think you're oversteering more often. Making it smaller makes the app think you're oversteering less often.

Attached Files: