1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 185 – The Dawn of a new Corsa

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Welcome, finally, to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 185 - the debut thread for Assetto Corsa Competizione and The Dawn of a new Corsa!

From now on WHC will feature a Weekly Hotlap Challenge for Assetto Corsa and a Weekly Hotlap Challenge for Assetto Corsa Competizione.
    To celebrate and kick off our inaugural ACC WHC, we’re going back to back. This is not to see if one game is better. The games are different. Aside from the slight stutteriness, as driving game enthusiasts, we are now lucky to have both (on console) and both are really excellent. You know AC well, it is off the planet good, but there’s something about the driving in ACC. You dial in and start to push… it is very engaging.

upload_2020-6-27_18-3-17.png

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap

Car: Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
    Track: Zandvoort
    upload_2020-6-27_18-3-47.png
    upload_2020-6-27_18-3-54.png

upload_2020-6-27_18-4-5.png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: Hotlap

Car: 2018 Porsche 991 II GT3 Cup (Blancpain Series 2018)
    Track: Zandvoort
    Weather/ Temp/ Time: Free (this week only)
    upload_2020-6-27_18-4-28.png

upload_2020-6-27_18-4-35.png
    Please see notes on how to play and please check the conditions and posting requirements below.

Ideally we run the same car at the same track, for both games.
    There is a car common to both, the McLaren 650 GT3, but we’ve run it before, quite recently in Moodyryder’s Orange Box challenge at Spa. In fact, in AC, we’ve only got two GT3 cars left untried. One is the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016.
    According to Aris of Kunos, the Porsche GT3 cars have the least amount of engine restriction and therefore run closest to optimum performance. This makes them very nice to drive. I’ve always found them to be very “bobbly” and tricky on the limit. Not much fun.

However, I thought I should try the Porsche in ACC and Zandvoort is a great track. To my surprise and in the words of someone just recently; “I think I could spend hours doing this!”
    I flicked over to AC and, well see for yourself. Very more-ish indeed. Quite a surprise!

I could write pages on comparing the two, but it is much better that you see for yourselves. Both are extremely compelling drives in their different ways.

This will be an attacking drive. You can push and push the Porsche in both games. It has fabulous grip. You can carry surprising speed.
    In ACC, you can really hammer the car, “feel” the aero and carry big speed. You feel the weight transfer through the longer corners and it comes round rapido if you lift off. Unless you are very quick, you’ve gone round and there isn’t much advance notice. All I can say is do not be hesitant with the throttle.
    With TCS off, power oversteer is there, tricky to read and very tricky to catch. But you need to be quite heavy footed and rather insensitive to provoke it.
    In AC the car is tangible. Visceral.
    You can smell the hot oil, the metal, the pungent brakes. It’s clattery and noisy, as if a layer of refinement has been removed. Nice.

upload_2020-6-27_18-5-5.png

Tyres and Times?
    For Assetto Corsa:
    ...Recommended hot tyre pressure is 26 psi all round, all compounds.
    ...The published lap record for the 2016 911 GT3 R around Zandvoort (at the moment) is 1 min 37.4 seconds

For A.C.Competizione:
    ...It is our blank canvas!
    The advice of an extremely knowledgeable person is to start the tyres at 27.5 psi (hot.) GT3 cars run 26 psi or slightly less usually. I’m not sure the difference is so easily noticed in ACC.
    Either way, we are charting a new corsa, so please experiment and share.

Notes on entering the WHACC Challenge.

Please double check you have the right series, eg: Blancpain Series 2018, selected before you choose the car.

Entering a time is very similar to the current procedure. Select Hotlap, select the circuit and select the correct car. Please ensure you have used the correct year model for the challenge.

Please ensure your screen looks like this, just before you attempt the challenge:
    upload_2020-6-27_18-5-25.png
    Please use Pro settings, not Custom.
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables and should look like this, (but with a faster time.)
    upload_2020-6-27_18-5-44.png
    This screen does not show set-up, so we will be applying Gentleman’s rules. Please use Full Pro, in the spirit of WHC, and we hope this works. If not we shall have to set up a more stringent set of rules and thus have less freedom.

I’m sure there are other issues that will crop up. We will no doubt refine things as we go.
    This is Week 1, so all suggestions are very welcome and please let us know if we’ve missed anything.

A BIG thanks very much indeed to Bastian and Neilski for helping out!

The main thing is to have fun, and win.:D

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 184 IS STILL SLIDIN’ UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Challenge - How to take part:
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 and the Zandvoort Circuit.
    Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free
    To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge Challenge - How to take part:

To enter the Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the 2018 Porsche 991 GT3 R Cup and the Zandvoort Circuit.

Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Time of day: Free
    Weather: Free
    Assists: Free

POSTING FORMAT:

To be included, please use the following format to post your times:
    The Game: AC or ACC
    (should be obvious but it helps.)
    Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 5th July 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Weekly Hotlap Challenge History
    To avoid excessive scrolling, the WHC history will be posted once at the end of every month from now on.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Ok, I will give it a quick run, as I am on a busines trip this week.

GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:36:848

So I usually like the Porsche but I just feel that the softs heat up way to much in AC on cars like the McLaren or the Porsche. After 1000m it becomes really tricky to keep the rear end plated. This is much better in ACC. So with 26° it becomes tricky after half the lap. Lots of time lost in the second half of the lap, so I will leave that time here for now, knowing there is more in there when adjusting the setup a bit more.
    By the way, I CANNOT believe F1 destroyes ANOTHER historic and fanatstic track for their bs series once a year... It will never be the same, such a good track day circuit - destroyed forever. I mean, they did an ok job to keep the flair of the old circuit, but all that banking etc, all the track day drivers in their 200-300hp cars are crying over this. One more reason to stop watching F1.

[​IMG]

Here is a video of my WR run on 10° - 1:35:944

4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

I guess so.

On the other hand there's probably a few hundred track day enthusiasts. There'd have been thousands at the Grand Prix, ordinary folks who could never afford a track day car.

Also millions watching the tv. Holland back on the world stage with an exciting racetrack.

I'm just playing devils advocate. I have no time for F1. I haven't been interested in it since the mid 80s and the proper Zandvoort with Villeneuve, Prost, Arnoux and Jones and cars that actually looked different from each other.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a try on a bit of banking. The nearest I get to that is the Pudsey Karussell going into Asda.

And it least it kept them away from Assen. That circuit has been castrated enough as it is.

sissydriver, P308R, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  5. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Morning all. I haven't been on here for some time as time constraints have reduced my available racing time to league racing. But having picked up ACC on pre-order i'm hoping to start participating here again and really like the idea of the double trouble Hotlap competition

sissydriver, P308R, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  6. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

To all consoles users with ACC: is it worth it to buy now, or should I wait or not even bother?

P308R likes this.
  7. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Oooo, nice idea. I'm looking forward to finding out how much the sims differ on the same track with a very similar car. Despite owning both sims for ages now, I've never actually tried that! Feels like a bit of a waste, now that I think of it, but at least I can put it straight this week :D
    Meanwhile though, now that it's finally cool enough to use the wheel again, I need to set a couple of times on #184 ;)

Totall Wrytoff and P308R like this.
  8. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Allthough I am having an absolute blast on PS4 base model with ACC, I would advise to wait a bit until stuff has been ironed out.

Physics :)
    Sound :)
    Graphics :(

If you run early morning 6-10 or early evening 18 - 21, graphics go up a bit since thé lighting is well done.

sissydriver and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

I'm on a base ps4.

Probably a good idea for you to get some Xbox feedback.

But as a console player of Assetto Corsa all I can say is:

Buy it. It's fantastic.

10. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Hmm, a car I’ve never tried & a track I don’t really get on with. I see embarrassment written all over this especially as my time is going to be a lot more limited than it has been.
    I’ve been asked back to work having been on furlough since the end of March. I’m quite happy being home but if I don’t go back they may not ask me again & I don’t want to be facing redundancy in months to come so I need to think about the future. I’ve been made redundant twice and at my age I don’t want it to happen again. My ACC times aren’t very impressive so I’m not expecting to do very well.

Totall Wrytoff, sissydriver and P308R like this.
  11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

As long as you enjoy it, what the heck :)

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

SissyDriver
    PC
    ACC

WHC 185 1 40 029.jpg

ScreenShotTool f***** up the resolution...
    What a car - one, when not the most difficult as introduction to ACC....:cool:
    Adjusted pressure to
    front 26.2 / 26.9
    rear 25.9 / 26.6
    brake pads 1
    brake ducts 2
    two more clicks on rear wing

so close to 1.39.xxx - :confused:

Aris did circuit walk and setup stream with the porsche (not the cup!) the last week.
    When he was asked how to setup the Cup Car he answered, similar to the 991II - but the Cup is limited in the setup.

Circuit walk

Setup

Thank you a lot @Totall Wrytoff that ACC is now part of the WHC

:)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Neilski, Lewisxbone, P308R and 2 others like this.
  13. Please, no need for any embarrassment, everyone is different. The purpose is not about being impressive is taking part and joining in. We want you!:)
    Good luck with it all! Be positive and schedule in at least 2hrs per week for WHC.... because a life/ work balance is crucial!:D:D

Most of us are facing the prospect of putting the nose back to the grindstone. After a good long break, it is quite tough!
    I'm sure everyone would join me in wishing you all the best for it @HandyAndy1962

Neilski, P308R and Lewisxbone like this.
  14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Ah I was hoping you'd add ACC, good work. Even with ACC's "limited" content, it would take over 4 years of WHC's to go through every car/track combo, and that's before the GT4's are added. Will be joining in this one....

Edit, there's 3 Porches' in ACC, can you confirm if we should be using the 2018 GT3 or the 2018 Cup?

Neilski, Totall Wrytoff and P308R like this.
  15. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Bastian Boillot
    ACC
    1:40:050
    PS4
    1593426640967577443504.jpg
    I used aggressive setup without changes.

@mike reynolds : It is the cup Porsche ;)

16. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, getting back to regular working schedules feels really tough and honestly, I did not miss work a single bito_O It's amazing how much more relaxed you are and how much time you have for things that you enjoy when working only 3-4 days. Was great while it lasted:p

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@mike reynolds - its the cup. First time ACC - and this one - *bamm* :D

18. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Bastian Boillot
    ACC
    1:39:711
    Ps4

159343406008251671701.jpg

19. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Exceeded the 60min edit option, so sorry for the double post.

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    SissyDriver
    PC

whc 185 1 39 621.jpg

@P308R - your turn, wow, thats close! :p

21. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer