1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Wet conditions are different. In dry conditions the surface temperature of the tire will increase and decrease rapidly during a lap but the core temperature will stay roughly the same. When the track gets damp the surface temperature of the tire will drop due the track getting cooler, the tire can't generate/hold heat anymore because you can't push it and as a result the core temperature will eventually drop meaning the pressure will drop awell.

It's hard to determine correct pressures for wet situations, haven't done any real tests yet as there's simply too many factors that will determine what the pressure ultimately will be, from intensity of rain to amount of cars on track. Maybe there's some logic to it, but I don't know yet :p

Claponi likes this.
  2. Thank you for this explanation, this is exactly what I am lokeed for ;)

3. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I thought that it was better to continues this in the tyres thread, rather than in the Porsche.

I'm using the aggressive setup, and I'm also using the natural tendency of the Porsche to turn when releasing the throttle (that thing turns like a merry-go-around)

I open wide, brake slightly late, trail brake and leave the car rotate, then back to gas gradually up until full gas.

It's a pleasure to drive, until the car tries to kill you after 6 laps. Then it settles down and drives relatively ok for the next laps, but Ican't brake late after that or will spin again. WHat do you think?

I have to try Barcelona then and wait for the effect, vs Brands Hatch. Which leads me to another question, why some tracks eat more tyre than others? (total noob question, I know, but I don't know why)

4. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Because of different types of tarmac is used, more or less roughness
    Example Silverstone has got renewed tarmac, compared to old one some tenths slower (we got both versions in ACC)

eRacer212 likes this.
  5. trutya

trutya Simracer

that's because there is a drop in grip level of the tyres after around 0.1mm of use (so when you get below 2.90). you reach the drop-off earlier at the rear, while the fronts still have higher grip. that is the time the car tries to kill you. and when the fronts have the drop-off too, the grip more or less equal again (but reduces with time and the difference will be bigger and bigger)
    try to set the brake balance more to the front when you have the drop-off. even up to 2% more to the front, but also depending on your setup and style.

6. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Thanks for the tip. I'll also try to increase the ABS and the braking distribution from the beginning. That might help, I run very low level of ABS.

7. Vel

Vel Simracer

In Aris' Youtube "Aris Drives" streams, across several eppisodes, the nature of the "Agressive Setup" and the "Safe Setup" have been outlined.

The Agressive set up being a ... generally agressive set up close to or as commonly used by the actual teams, with perhaps very minor variation relative to pressures, or single click changes due to driver preferences. By contrast, the "Safe Setup" has been noted by Aris to be a place to start experimenting, if one really enjoys/wants to craft their own personal setup. It's a place to start, a set up that performs safely, mundanely, - as the car might come when delivered, from the factory, with only some understeer.

However, - How should the Wet Setup be viewed/used?

Is it like the safe setup a place to simply survive in the wet, open to a lot of flexibility, or is it like the Agressive Setup, - best left more/less as is, with very minor one click changes relative to driver preference, - yet otherwise the best wet compromise that remains relatively, agressive?

8. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Well, in real racing, a balanced setup translates to wet pretty well, you’re just dealing with less grip, but you still have balance, just can’t count on as much mechanical grip. But in a sim, if you get a setup that is inadvertently compensating for something in the dry, then it will be exaggerated and feel really bad in the rain… if that makes sense.

9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Yesterday I realized a certain loss of tyre temperature/pressure (about -0.4 PSI in average) during an one hour stint within consistent dry conditions around Spa. Maybe related to the loss of weight due to the consumed fuel. Is this usual? I thought that the temp/pressure will rise more and more during a stint.

10. robt100

robt100 Rookie

all around or just rears? I know rears seem to run hotter under heavy loads/full fuel, i notice about a 0.3-0.4 drop over a stint.

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  11. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Pressures drop all around. Eventhough I adjust break bias to the front during the stints. I slightly increase TC too. Tyre wear is not significant. I end up with somethin around 2.4 "tyre capacity" after one hour when starting with brand new tyres.