1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Running ACC with old i5 2500K and Known some truth.

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by PowderGuy, May 26, 2020.

1. Have two cockpits here, both are running ACC just fine to my knowledge.
    i7 2600k, 16gb ddr3, GTX 1080ti, 4k
    (basically maxed)
    i7 5820k, 64gb ddr4, GTX 1080ti, 4k
    (basically maxed)

Eventually I do plan to upgrade the 2600k but so far it is still not a "must do"

You are still rambling on about consoles vs your PC and comparing unlike games like you know what you are talking about....... here I was hoping this thread came to an end.

2. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

i7-2660K is 4Core 8 thread,
    i7-4790K is 6Core 12 thread.

only 2660k is not meet the minimum spec. And Thanks to proof my theory.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  3. PowderGuy

PowderGuy Rookie

double post

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  4. Where's your "but, but, console performance" argument now :rolleyes:

5. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

As you identified you are CPU bottlnecked.. Whats interesting to note i had an old i5-2500k, with a 1070,,, Back in battlefield 1 i got CPU bottlenecked (2 years ago).. I updated by CPU to an i7-7700k with the same video card and got 20% framerate increase..

I can only imagine how much of a bottleneck that processor is on newer games again. (it was an awesome CPU), but sadly is about 3 years past any usable date unless running much older and/or simpler to process/render games.

Definately worth upgrading, id say youll notice a difference even with that same videocard.

6. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I see the point that all of you are making. basically is pointless to complaint if we are using a CPU that is inferior to the recommended.

I use a 2700k + GTX 1070 OC and I can't get more than 40 fps in 1080p resolution with all at minimum. That said, in November I was having easy 60 fps with the same thing. ANd the summer the game came out I couldn't pass of 50.

Well, the game has changed. And the weather. I've always requested leagues and competitions to start in Autumn/Winter because of ambient temperature. Just received a new airconditioner anyways , that will help.
    upload_2020-7-2_10-30-49.png upload_2020-7-2_10-31-38.png upload_2020-7-2_10-32-17.png

But the bottom line is that I'm running a CPU that is inferior to the specs (is not just about mghz I'm afraid). I have to upgrade the CPU. Or wait until winter season again.

7. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

something is really wrong with your system or configuration and it has nothing to do with weather. this setup should be able to even get 60fps with everything high at 40°C ambient temperature if set up correctly.

eRacer212 likes this.
  8. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Right? I thought the same. This morning uninstalled the graphic card and removed the drivers restarted (even forbid Windows to install drivers automaticaly. Reinstalled everything. And still 40-45 fps

I don't know what is going on with my rig. Anything else works fine though. My other games are ok.

9. Interesting.
    My wife was using a GTX1070 with 1080p which if I recall correctly was overkill for 60fps.
    Haven't seen her on ACC for patches so not sure if she gained or lost performance.

I along with many others had noticed a dip in performance for a patch or two.
    i7 5820k 6c/12t
    64gb ddr4
    1080ti

Wonder if its a thermal throttling issue since you mentioned getting an AC.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  10. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Maybe check the PC for dust and function of all fans first and then install some monitoring software for temperatures, like hwinfo to check the temperatures and look for thermal throttling.
    Also check the max. frequency shown, maybe something is not running at full speed.
    Or just delete the ACC folder in your documents folder and the folder in %localappdata%\AC2 to start your ACC from scratch.

eRacer212 likes this.
  11. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I was thinking just that. Because everything else works just fine.

12. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Done. Reinstalled. Exactly the same thing. 34-40 fps. I used to run this game with 20 cars and max out, even resolution 120%.

Every other game is fine by the way. I play PC2 in max settings, and other games too. It's a problem with ACC.

13. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Did you delete the two folders? Reinstalling does not help if the config is not reset to defaults.

14. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I'm started to get really preoccupied about this. My CPU is working at 30% (all cores are 28% to 35%) and temperature is about 40 degrees. What the hell is happening??

15. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

reply to myself

MISTERY SOLVED

The killer is… the drivers.

The CPU was being lazy because it can handle much more.

The last drivers 451.48 triggered an error in my card. It was stuck at full clock and memory speed all the time. Really weird, but I didn’t realize of this for almost 2 weeks (I only use it on weekends).

I thought the problem was the heatwave, but turns out everything was around 40 degrees (CPU and GPU)

I removed the drivers with DDU in safe mode and installed the previous version. Did the job. MY 60+ FPS ARE BACK.

60 FPS, with 20 AI, everything max, 130% sharp 150% resolution scale.

Also, about 2 seconds per lap back thanks to smother driving.

Still, the graphics in this game are odd in 1080. I played it in the big screen, 4k HDR and looked stunning. I wonder if this game is just designed to look good in 4k (and 2k just looks a bit ****e).

SOLID FARRELL likes this.
  16. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Well, not really. ACC gave me an error and after that the 40 fps are back. Sod it. Uninstalled. I'll play other sim. This game is a mess. After 1 freaking year still problems and unfinished staff. Screw this man, I give up.

17. Stains

Stains Simracer

Not sure how! My 1080ti doesn't run ACC at 4k 60 fps during sunrise /set unless I run resolution scale down to 85% and going off the ACC GPU benchmark my 1070ti beats the 2070 by quite some margin.

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

What driver are you running now?
    My 7700k does not seem to be able to run ACC with more than 15 Ai visible without stutters and drops below 60 fps and GPU dropping down to 80% :( But I am at 5760x1080 so maybe it's the 3 screens that create more CPU load?

19. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

How well a game runs on a system depends on more factors than just which GPU you're running ofcourse.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 2070 is a more powerfull card than the 1070ti. There's like a 25% difference in frame rate at 4K.

Edit: It seems the 1000 series cards struggle with ACC (at 4K). I've seen several people complain about this.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  20. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Double post