1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Oh dammit I had the files attached but somehow they did not post. Weird.

Looking at diagnostics the issues I have with lost sessions usually occur in the very moment when I leave the session (Quit to main menu). I can see laps being recorded before that in the log, but the moment i click Quit something happpens.

Attached Files:

2. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I had this with every third qualifying in the career mode. First and second driver were fine, third gets unkown car, race was fine again. This happened for every endurance event in the career mode.

iirc the usage of the save button worked for the qualifying session, so save before hitting quit would have fixed that session. I could try to recreate it, but I'm not sure what kind of logfiles would be needed to figure out what was causing the issue.

3. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

If it is consistently the 3rd Quali session, I'll see if I can reproduce this. I had what sounds like a similar previous issue with 2nd Practice, so it might be related

4. Doug Duthie

I've just tested with a custom race weekend with 3 quali sessions and all was good. Are you using the latest version (V1.6.3). I know prior to V1.6.0, information sent for the old session by ACC confused the app for the new session (if it was the same type)

5. Doug Duthie

It looks like the Broadcast API connection was made, but only received the entry list and no other updates following that. The lap information you see is just the partial information from shared memory used as a cross check - this information isn't stored.

I'm going to add some low level logging on the connection to check that information if sent and if I am missing any for any reason.

By the way, to help me understand the environment
    • What is your PC spec
    • What FPS do you generally get in game
    • Do you run any other ACC add-on apps (eg CrewChief, SimHub, Broadcast UIs etc) - if so, do any of these have issues?
      • CrewChief if probably the best as a comparison - if this is working when I've missed data, that helps me narrow down where the issue is

6. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Happy to help.

PC spec:
    Lenovo Y530 laptop: Intel Core i5 8300H Coffee Lake, 15.6" IPS 1920 × 1080, RAM 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, SSD 128GB + HDD 1TB

FPS: I have an FPS limiter set to 70, I don't see it going below 60 normally but occasionally I get a weird stutter. But I think its more an ACC thing than my HW not catching up since lots of folks with way better systems get those too.

Yeah I run CrewChief and SimHub. Both work, CrewChief sometimes gives me wrong position (I've had it report to me I am P1 even though I am a backmarker) but it never really loses connection, the spotter always works etc. Just that position thing so far. SimHub I use only for a secondary monitor leaderboard table, again occasionally it reports incorrect race position during a race but it usually sorts itself out eventually. It reports correct best laps and track positions on a track map. It never has issues connecting to ACC broadcast API and I haven't ever seen it stop working in a middle of a race or something like that. Both CC and SimHub always work throughout all sessions, but they have a few tiny quirks.

7. Doug Duthie

Thanks....that helps me know where to focus my investigation

8. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

It was on 1.6.1 a few days ago. I tried the same with a custom race weekend and it worked. I'll let you know if i experience this again in career mode or if the other change you did fixed it as well.

9. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.4 released

Headline feature is that I've been reworking the handling of broadcast messages. I think some of the issues that one or two people were having was that messages still being received from old sessions were confusing the handling of new sessions. I've now isolated the handling of these which should hopefully improve matters.

If you still receive the dreaded "Unknown car" session after this, then turn on Dump Broadcast Messages (which will give a detailed log of all messages & events received on the ACC Broadcast API) in the sessions page, continue until you see the problem again and send me the diagnostics (Export Diagnostics from sessions list)

[​IMG]

10. Doug Duthie

Can you try V1.6.4 - I've an idea of what might be causing some of the problems. If you see the Unknown car issue again though, turn on the logging as directed in the post above

11. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Will do, I plan to do same races this weekend so I'll let you know :) Thanks!

12. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Hi doug !

I have a small issue with the ECU column in the session tab. Sometimes the ECU data is not shown for certains lap like here for example (this was done on the BMW) :
    upload_2020-6-30_12-56-13.png
    But in that race I was often changing the ECU map (once or twice per lap) so I thought that whas the cause .
    Then I tried another race, I switched to ECU map 2 before the end of lap 1 (I changed before crossing the line) and after passing the line on lap 4 I swapped back to mode 1 ( thus lap 2, 3 and 4 are done 100% on mode 2). This was the result :
    upload_2020-6-30_12-55-55.png
    I thought that ECU map data was saved when crossing the line but obviously not because I crossed the line on lap 1 with mode 2 but I had done 90% of the lap on mode 1 and it shows mode 1 which is logical.

Cheers.

13. Doug Duthie

I'll have a look later. I originally only stored ECU modes just to support some data gathering I wanted to do (power vs fuel saving for the different modes), so it might not be the most robust of things.

...Oh wait, I remember now. It was tied into the data gathering and I wanted to highlight laps that were on just one ECU mode, so data inferred was valid. If you switched modes mid lap, then it wouldn't record as any derived results wouldn't be valid. Having said that, I derive ECU power/fuel data in a different way now, so I can switch it back to how you'd expect (ie mode when crossing line)

Out of curiosity, why are you switching modes? For fuel saving or throttle response?

14. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Oh I get it now ! I was switching from map 1 - 2 and 3 just for fuel consuption purposes . I wanted to see lap differences vs consumption and see if there was some gain possible in endurance races and I have to say map 2-3 of the BMW are quite good, on a full stint you can easily do 2 or 3 laps more than with map 1.

Cheers.

15. Doug Duthie

I'm in a (very long) process to compare all the ECU modes for power/fuel consumption. Those that I've done so far, there isn't a huge fuel saving to be had on some cars (5-10%, if that) sometimes at the cost of more power. The exception so far seems to me mode 2 of the Mercedes (15% fuel saving for a marginal sacrifice of power). I've not got around to the BMW yet (and just noticed I've miscalculated the Audis)

upload_2020-6-30_16-20-3.png

EDIT: Just had a thought - If you do a session in just one ECU mode (eg a hotstint), the session details will give you an average fuel consumption over the completed laps, so you could use that as a comparison

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Cirith Ungol and kamkie like this.
  16. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Jeez that Rel Fuel and Rel power info is so cool ! It's going to be really really helpful ! Yeah I found out similar numbers like 5-10% of fuel saving when I did my test so it's seems ok. I didn't knew about AMG's mode 2, really interesting thanks !

17. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello Doug

so far the only sessions which sometimes don't get logged are MP Practice session. I am attaching a few of these if you wanted to get to the bottom of it, but quali and races seem to be working so that's great.

Cheers

Attached Files:

18. Doug Duthie

OK -someone else reported an issue with practices. I'll see if I can run a few sessions at the weekend to see what is going on

19. Hey Doug Great work. Any chance of being able to add the option to broadcast to a website for league live timing??

20. Doug Duthie

I'm not against the idea, but I'm not a web developer. I'm happy to consider exposing an API though