1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 185 – The Dawn of a new Corsa

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

Lewisxbone
    1.38.020 - XB1

[​IMG]

No matter what I try i can’t seem to get the last 3 corners right.

P308R, Laughing Gravy, Biner and 2 others like this.
  2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.37.767 - XB1

[​IMG]

P308R, Biner, Laughing Gravy and 2 others like this.
  3. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I’m on One X and the frame pacing issue is pretty severe, in fact, to the point that on some slower corners it’s completely possible to entirely miss an apex just because of it.

I can put it another way. After playing ACC I can then turn to WRC8, which also only runs at 30fps so is a good comparison, and it looks buttery smooth in contrast. The game is absolutely great, but the pacing is almost nauseous inducing - fix the consistency and all will be extremely good in the world of Xbox sim racing (you will also have to concede that 60fps on this age of console is just not possible with ACC).

P308R, Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  4. LadyTW

LadyTW Racer

AC
    Lady TW
    PS4

Attached Files:

P308R, Biner, Laughing Gravy and 3 others like this.
  5. WHC 185 - Friday standings at Zandvoort

Assetto Corsa :

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:36:848 PC
    2. Lewisxbone -1.37.767 XB1
    3. F1415182235 - 1:37.819 X1
    4. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1.39.577 PC
    5. Biner - 1:39.687 PC
    6. Total Wrytoff - 1.40.020 PS4
    7. SissyDriver - 1.40.329 PC
    8. Moodyryder - 1.40.977 ps4
    9. Laughing Gravy - 1.41.996 PS4
    10. Lady TW - 2.10.526 PS4

@GoodGame.eXistenZ still holds the top spot and looks comfortable. But @Lewisxbone is now into the 37s and has bitten a chunk of time off. The gap closes to less than a second.....
    @Biner improves from a 1.39.9 to a 1.39.6 and is looking pacey and @LadyTW arrives. She's not keen on the track, it's a bit too twisty (What? After the Nordschleife????)

It looks like the full blown 2016 GT3 race car of AC is faster than the 2018 Cup car in ACC, with the exception of @sissydriver (Welcome back!:)) We can be sure he has spent many weeks practicing ACC and possibly a bit rusty on AC.... ;)

Assetto Corsa Competizione :

1. Lewisxbone - 1.38.886 - XB1
    2. Graveltrap 1:39.190 PS4
    3. Bastian Boillot - 1:39:474 PS4
    4. Mike Reynolds 1:39:507 PC
    5. SissyDriver - 1.39.621 PC
    6. Total Wrytoff - 1.40.668 PS4
    7. Biner - 1:40.710 PC
    8. HandyAndy1962 - 1:40.728 PC
    9. Moodyryder - 1.41.571 PS4
    10. Laughing Gravy - 1.43.401 PS4

It is tighter than the gnat's proverbials! Fractions of tenths throughout!

@Lewisxbone is number one, (on all counts!:)) Is he going to win the inaugural ACC Challenge? With the weekend still to come, I think there might need to be some defending to be done.....
    @Graveltrap, nagged to the point of despair by me, (Welcome back and thank-you GT!:)) has posted a low 1.39, just 3/10ths or so off top spot. He knows there is more. Interesting.:D
    @P308R (aka Bastian B.) is looking up the table and over his shoulder because @mike reynolds (Welcome back!:)) is just fractions behind. And we're talking podium spots here.
    @sissydriver rounds off those in the 39s and then the next three are all in the 1.40s, with @Biner and @HandyAndy1962 both in the 1.47s. Nothing at all embarrassing there HandyAndy. (Hope it's going well.)
    @moodyryder , clearly a man with a heavy left hand but a gentle right foot, ;) warms up his ACC experience with an early 1.41 and I'm relieved @Laughing Gravy has now got the right car. Thing is, I think (probably completely wrongly) he put quite a bit of practice in the wrong car, so I hope he gets time to have another go.
    @LadyTW is a DNF! 20 mins, no clean lap and she doesn't like it. "It doesn't feel real and I can't feel the steering."

I would have thought, on ACC, that PC players would be much faster than consolers, as it was in the early days of WHC.
    I've seen reported that a PC player, trying out the console said it felt slower. Then there is the much lower image quality, as I clearly demonstrated with the screen shot comparison!:D
    Perhaps more data is needed, but things are looking pretty and pretty even all round.

Happy Friday!

Post edited to include @F1415182235 's time!
    Many apologies F1! 2nd placed in AC and overtaking Lewis!
    A massive oversight, apologies again.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  6. Neilski

Neilski Alien

LOL!
    But this track has a few corners which really confuse me, and I just don't know the right line. Must do a bit more homework :)
    After a busy week I'm looking forward to comparing the two!

Totall Wrytoff, P308R and Lewisxbone like this.
  7. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Laughing Gravy
    ACC
    Improvement

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

P308R, Lewisxbone and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  8. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Forgot something. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    SissyDriver
    PC

whc 185 1 39 432 (2).jpg

As you see - sometime everything is going wrong. Laps 7-10 totally messed up and suddenly it worked. I was near a rage quit but - be patient! Hotlap gives you a set of fresh tyres every lap, no damage - don't give up.

@Neilski - aris did circuit walk at zandvoort - should help you a little bit ;)

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Ah, will give that a go, ta!

P308R and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Totall Wrytoff - jardier did a 1.39.3 with PS4 at Kyalami (dunno what car atm) - seems that there is no big advantage on pc side, especially for aliens.

P308R, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  12. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Where's my lap time?

P308R, sissydriver and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  13. I'm so sorry @F1415182235 !:eek::eek::eek:
    I've edited the leader board

****LATE ANNOUNCEMENT!***
    F1415182235 is NOW in 3rd place in the AC timings.
    I missed his post somehow.:oops:

I beg your pardon F1.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    F1415182235, P308R, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  14. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I’ve just watched a video by Kryptic TMG on youtube who plays both PC and PS4 and he mentions at the end of the vid that the console version is behind on the aero balance or aero variation.
    He said his setups from pc don’t transfer over the same on console.
    I wonder if console is a couple of patches behind then.

Totall Wrytoff, P308R and Neilski like this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Console has 1.3.x and PC 1.4.4 at the moment. So its not the same physics.

Biner, Totall Wrytoff, P308R and 2 others like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

sorry for multiple posting but i messed it up ...
    The question of the comparability of the times between console and pc came up in the stream. Ari's answer was: the differences in physics are very small, but the fps are crucial. Therefore (and also for other reasons) no crossplay.
    For me i really compare my times not with the los consoleros ;)
    It seems that aliens like Jardier have no problem to do nearly exact lap times on both ends. So maybe we split the ACC leaderboard into pc and console? Or do we get leaderboards where i am always on podium (cause only 3 girls/guys are on PC ACC ???:D:p)

17. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

If that's true, then it's just like the original release of AC. Took over a year to catch up (somewhat) to the PC version.

18. Morgoth924

Morgoth924 Racer

AC
    Morgoth924
    2:08:170
    PC

Lots to learn.. [​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk

19. Welcome the WHC @Morgoth924 !

Great to see you join us, please feel free to ask anything, there's lots of experienced players here (not me!) to tap up for advice, if you like.

Don't hold back!:)

sissydriver, P308R, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  20. Morgoth924

Morgoth924 Racer

AC
    Improvement
    Morgoth924
    1:55:546
    PC

[​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk