1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is it all on the driver?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

In this two examples, in which "A" is probably the only feasible one, this would be more than enough. In fuel, you basically have two worries, do I have enough or do I have too much and thus am much heavier than the others, we're not talking about finishing with 100ml fuel left. Pressures are obviously also very dependent on the driving style as well, but a rough estimated, which is in maybe a 1.5 psi window could even be realised with a builtin lookup table system without any algorithms.
    Of course, if I had the time, I could just make my spreadsheets for myself by testing, which maybe the pros are already doing, but I also think, we are talking about accesibility a bit.
    Get in a race, no worries about cold or overheating tyres, or fuel load, and have a good time, not getting the last percents of performance out of the car.

So Lord Kunos' problem with this system (A) is primarily, that the players don't unterstand the inherent imperfection due to different driver styles. And I can completely understand this viewpoint.

surtic86, Seven Smiles and AndyK70 like this.
  2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

I'm just wondering if all these people who want to be race engineers as well as drivers start with setups with everything set to minimum or whether they "cheat" and start with the default setup?

If you want to be a race engineer and a pit crew chief (maybe simulate getting sponsorship deals and handling the team's social media too?) as well as a driver that's fine but it's not what some of us are looking for in a racing game.

MrBungle and Vision_Slayer_525 like this.
  3. So F1 2020, will be the true sim then XD

4. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

Racing games have been made for that type of person.

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  5. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Am I wrong to think that in-game base setups (safe and aggressive) are very good ?

6. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

No, you are wrong because you completely misunderstand the thread.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Not exactly everything to minimum to start.
    Something to minimum and something else to maximum.
    ;)

Seven Smiles likes this.
  8. Hey guys! Did you know that fuel consumption depends on many things such as tyre pressures :D:D:D?

MrBungle and Maciej Malinowski like this.
  9. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

I’m so sorry to disturb you MrBungle. By the way, I didn’t misunderstand the thread. I was just asking a question concerning default setups in ACC...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Bungle at this point you could have saved the time you spent posting in this thread to just go in the game and run various conditions to get some baseline knowledge. If you think the driver just shows up and drives the car in any level of motorsports you're wrong. But at this point if you don't want to do any calculations and just drive may I suggest moving to GT Sport or Project Cars 3? Even iRacing you can never worry about tire pressures because every single road car is set to minimum pressures regardless of conditions.

But seriously, you don't need an engineer or an engineering degree (trust me I have one) to set pressures and do some basic fuel calcs. Teams aren't paying engineers to do fuel calcs and adjust pressures, they're on teams to look at telemetry and squeeze every last millisecond of performance from the car from the various setup adjustments they can make.

11. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Congratulations on the degree. I still want help with tyre pressure.

Just an example Jardier the dude everyone obviously knows because he races ACC every day and is very good is always talking about his pressure almost every stream he is in hope that he gets it right and he is very very experienced, and has help with it over discord. Where does that leave the general population?

I'm not struggling every race I can set it up just fine even if I have 5 mins practicing in fairly similar conditions.

12. That is not a point.
    Because probably Jardier could be a **** to set psi .
    Or, and i think this is the reason, he does so many events and with so many distractions (live broadcasting with your face on screen, while reading chat), that it may happen to him to know what to do, read your comment in chat, and forget what to do.
    Also he uses always several cars a day...i mean. Still he gets it right 99% of time.
    This is the same for everybody, and it is the salt of the competition: preparation.

13. Solution: "Buy Project CARS 3"

"AS DESIGNED"

fin

14. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

No thanks, you love the as designed comment so much I'll lavish a bit of praise on you.

Wow, I never thought of it like that I mean if anyone ever takes issues with any aspect of a game, regardless that I state constantly that i love it and it's all I play, we have you on hand to say "As Designed"

Thanks man, truly a helpful member of the community right alongside captain hindsight.

surtic86 and Radfahrer like this.
  15. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

A retired Gunny from the British Marines whom I was playing ArmA a bunch with had a saying he would recite like a mantra :

6 P´s, lads ! 6 P´s !

6 P´s = Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Easy, neh ^^

16. Martiparti87

Martiparti87 Rookie

Hire an actual engineer then, like they do in real life.

Pandora likes this.
  17. kashifm

kashifm Racer

Imagine the listing for this..

"Looking for Engineer with BS to come up with video game setups."

18. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

yeah it would be nice to have engineers do what they do irl, like fuel calculations etc, make you feel part of an actual team rather than a lone wolf

19. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Where do I apply? Already have the degree lol

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  20. Poor engineers, they are too underestimated. Fuel calculations...