1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

I think I might have found the issue. @expor and @Brado23 pointed me in the direction of how to close the ACC connection properly - if that isn't done, successive connections (and you need a new connection for each new session) take longer and longer and eventually die. I had implemented this, but it looks like the connection is being closed down before I get to that :mad: - I just need to work out why now. It blew for me on the 5th session of a race weekend - I guess hotlaps/hotstints will take longer as there are less resource (1 car) to persist.

So, crap workaround until that happens - restart ACC Results Companion after every 3 sessions.

On the positive side, at least I know how to reproduce now

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  2. expor

expor Gamer

You also make use of the shared memory right? It also contains the session ID if I'm not mistaken. One way would be to reconnect to ACC whenever the session ID increases?

3. Doug Duthie

Good point - currently I'm just inferring it from a change in Track/SessionType/Laps/Car - I don't think I ever looked at sessionIndex.

BTW, I think I found the issue - I was still using bits of the original broadcast client sample that were shutting down the client before the message handler disconnect got called

expor likes this.
  4. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.5 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/)

Headline items:-

"Unknown car" error

I think this has finally been cracked. The cause was the sample Broadcast client (which I used as a base) didn't disconnect properly and caused a resource leak which would eventually cause connections to fail. Disconnects should now happen cleanly.

True gap calculation

Previously, broadcast gaps were used and could throw up some anomalies

• They were the time calculated to get to where the car ahead is currently as based on your current speed. This was close enough most of the time, but could give some misleading results
    • They were to the car ahead on track, not necessarily to the car ahead in position
    Now the timings are all relative to when the first car crosses the start line

• The gaps are therefore now true gaps (and not estimated)
    • The gap is to the car ahead in position
    By default, timing updates are taken every 100ms (so gaps should be accurate to tenths of a second). You could, if you really needed to, tune this down using the Refresh Interval (although this could start having a performance impact on ACC, so I wouldn't recommend it)

[​IMG]

Position Gain/Loss

For MP race sessions, there is now a position gain/loss, showing the number of positions gained/lost over the course of a lap.

[​IMG]

For final standings, this is the positions gained/lost over the whole race.

[​IMG]

The overall position change for the player is shown on the session as well.

Position changes are calculated for old races, but the start race position wasn't stored so lap 1 position is used instead.

Result Summary Overlays

An overlay giving the session summary can be shown as the end of a race etc. To activate, use results summary on the settings page

[​IMG]

This will attempt to show a pop-up over the game at the end of a session giving the fastest time, current PB for the car, and lap record overall. It isn't a proper overlay so just tries to grab focus for 5 seconds at the end of a session (depending on what ACC is doing, it might not always be successful). It may cause the screen to flash. However, if you don't like this behaviour, it is best not to use it.

[​IMG]

It you have a fastest time for the car, this is displayed as

[​IMG]

For lap records, we have
    upload_2020-7-5_10-36-40.png
    The dialog can be moved around, and it should remember position. To relinquish topmost status of the pop-up, click anywhere on the dialog. To close, click X, To bring the main results form to the front, click the chequered flag icon.

GT4 Cars!

Getting ready for the upcoming DLC, placeholders have been added for the GT4 cars. This will still require and update following the DLC as Kunos haven't made the car code identifiers available yet

As always, if you like this app and would like to support it, feel free to click the Donate button on the app. Thanks to all those who have shown their support already.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    |BAD| DavE, kamkie, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  5. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Great work, Doug! I'm excited to try with the new overlay feature. Fantastic app.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  6. MCCOY08

MCCOY08 Rookie

is that possible to add a STEAM FRIEND player or define him somewhere like a particular driver in the software ( like left click, define as buddy ) , and then be able to make comparision / filter with him ( or them ) ? Often play with my brother, and we like to compare our best times.

7. Doug Duthie

I'll have a think about how I could make that work. I don't have access to Steam IDs, only driver names, but I could probably pull something together

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  8. MCCOY08

MCCOY08 Rookie

Thanks for your answer ! No need to automaticaly link with steam ID, we can do it manually. Or just a flag or an option to set certain players in the tables as buddy and filter results.

9. MCCOY08

MCCOY08 Rookie

Or maybe your own ID in your software that we could share

10. expor

expor Gamer

Steam ID is part of the session JSON files (at least in online sessions). I reused part of your db scheme for one of my apps with adjustments here and there, but noticed steam ID was not filled in. The information is readily available in the JSON files though.

11. Doug Duthie

That's only the case though for server side results. For client side MP, there are no files and the player ID isn't available on UDP. It would certainly be nice if it was, and then I could tie up the accidents

expor likes this.
  12. Doug Duthie

GT4 DLC Heads up

As luck would have it, I'm going to be away next week when the GT4 DLC is released and I won't be able to update ACC Results Companion until the following weekend. As such (as I don't yet know the codes Kunos use for the cars), the GT4 cars will show up in the app as an Unknown Car, but the session should be recorded. When I return, I'll fix up the results so any GT4 sessions will show up correctly.

sissydriver and Beckers like this.
  13. |BAD| DavE

|BAD| DavE Gamer

Hmm. Everytime I try to install the new version, it tells me this (see screenshot attached).
    Am I doing it wrong?

Attached Files:

• 165.jpg
      165.jpg
      File size:
      64 KB
      Views:
  14. Doug Duthie

The only real pre-req is .NET framework 4.6.1 - I think that is as standard on Windows 10. However, look here - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use/ - it might be an issue with the installer service on Windows.

15. |BAD| DavE

|BAD| DavE Gamer

I found the installer of the 1.6.3, as that's the version mentioned in the screenshot, and there I was able to uninstall the SW.
    Now I installed 1.6.4 again (was installed already) and than update to 1.6.5.
    Seems that the install of 1.6.4 was a bit buggy.

16. Doug Duthie

If you're having issues with the installer, re-grab a copy from race department, just in case your copy was corrupted on download. I'd recommend you go to V1.6.5 as it addresses a serious resource leak with the Broadcast connection to ACC (connections will start to fail after about half a dozen or so races in my experience).

The installers for all versions do exactly the same using the same installer software (the only thing that changes is the EXE being copied and the version number)

17. |BAD| DavE

|BAD| DavE Gamer

Thanks for the response.
    I was able to instal it anyway.

18. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

The enrichment of lap data for me is not working anymore in 1.6.5, it stops working after one lap.
    I played 8 sessions of event 60 in the last two days and it looks like this in 1.6.5:
    165.PNG

I reverted back to 1.6.4 and there it works again.

19. Doug Duthie

OK - I'll have a look when I get back next week - is this SP or MP?

edit: I've just checked locally, and all my sessions were recording all this information. Can you right click on the session and select Export Disagnostics then post the zip here, then I'll have a look

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  20. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I upgraded to 1.6.5 again, restarted and then did another Event 60 Session a few minutes ago, same issue appeared again. Attached the diagnostics file, thank you for looking into this.

Attached Files: