1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Pc Help...

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by jijio, Jul 10, 2020.

1. jijio

jijio Rookie

Hi Guys,

I've planned to upgrade my hardware in order to run ACC
    This is my next PC specs:
    CPU: Intel I5-9600kf
    GPU: Gygabity Nvidia RTX 2070
    RAM: G.Skill 16 GB Aegis DDR4-3000 Kit
    HHD: Noua SSD 256GB NVMe M.2

Is it possible to run ACC on EPIC (3440 x 1440p) ?
    Thanks a lot

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Borderline I’d say....I have a similar spec, and can run 4K at 60FPS in most scenarios with up to 28 cars on track....but that’s at medium/high settings.

I’m no CPU expert but ACC doesn’t seem to like i5’s though

jijio likes this.
  3. jijio

jijio Rookie

Thanks, Mike... so maybe it's better to change the i5-9600KF for a i7-9700KF... with the same RTX2070

4. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

This is also 6 core vs 8 core CPU, so quite a performance boost.

5. McGraw

McGraw Racer

You realise that new Nvidia cards and AMD cpu are inbound?

Very bad time to buy a 2070 (or any other GPU)

jijio and Whitestar like this.
  6. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Indeed, I would NOT buy a 2070 card at this point in time. Can you wait until the new cards are announced at least?

jijio likes this.
  7. jijio

jijio Rookie

With my current PC, I'm able to play with all the settings at low and 8/10 AI Cars, so maybe I will wait until the 3000 Series will be available.
    Thanks, guys for your help ;)

Whitestar likes this.
  8. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'll probably buy whichever is the fastest. Don't really care whether it's Nvidia's 30xx or AMD's RDNA2. :)

jijio likes this.
  9. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

9600kf is best value currently. I've went a 10600k but to be honest I should've bought the 9600kf...

I'd pick faster ram though. 3200 is just a few bucks more and for simracing, single thread performance matters a lot and memory gives a little boost there.
    If you can get 3400 or 3600 mhz memory for not much more, I'd take even that.

I did some tests and underclocked/overclocked my 3200 mhz memory. Timings didn't do so much, it was the reaw frequency that gave the boost.

Gpu:
    Definitely wait. Get the 9600kf and put the saved money compared to 9700k or 10600k into maybe a 3080 instead of 3070.

Here's the link to my cpu tests:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...pu-benchmark-thread.53720/page-9#post-1142430

And for overview, here's the summary image linked:
    As you can see the graph flattens after 5 cores. Hyperthreading is bad for acc, for whatever reason.
    7 or 8 cores are just a waste of money. At least as long as Intel wants 50% more for 8 cores compared to 6 cores...
    Note: the memory graph is only at "6cores, ht on with affinity to only real cores". I merged 2 separate graphs into one..
    Memory steps are 2600 to 3466, left to right, nothing to do with the cores on the x-axis!
    [​IMG]

Not for simracing for the foreseeable future. Only if you also do some rendering or play assassin's creed, red dead redemption or other AAA titles.

10. Gromran

Gromran Rookie

But, have to say, not like people mean because they are well multithread optimized. No, more because they are totally messy with resources.

11. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

When you decide to upgrade if your budget allows I'd recommend minimum 10600K, I went from a i5 9600kf to a i7 10700K and there is a noticeable difference, did not change my video card as I'm waiting for the 3x series. I did change my ram from 3000mhz to 3600mhz. Frames in AC average went from 204 to 230. ACC is well over 100 fps average and could not get a good picture in VR with decent FPS now I can. In some games FPS may be the same but ones that can utilize the chip you will see the gains, I was very surprised.

12. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

A few questions:
    - did you overclock your 9600kf?
    - did you overclock your 10700k?.

The 9600kf runs at a much lower speed at default and from my experience, the performance gain for simracing is very small if you run both at "their maximum", which is about 5 GHz or a bit higher for the 10700k.

Also ram scales quite nicely with ac and acc so the 3600 mhz ram might be the bigger performance gain than the new cpu.

Would be interesting to hear back from you!

Not saying the money was waisted though! Having 2 more real cores and hyperthreading is a massive boost for the future and other games than purely simracing!

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

How would be the best way to get my ram to 3600 from XMP of 3200? Should i leave XMP on then adjust it up or default than adjust it ? Any tips would be appreciated :)

14. It depends on the ram chips vendor. Quality and stable oc is huge time consuming task.
    Easiest way is to set it on xmp once, and then type manually the shown xmp timings in bios and then set 3600 and boost the ddr voltage with lets say 0.1-0.2v higher than it's xml value, but no more than 1.45-1.5.

15. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

@Krassmus

Both chips were ran at stock, the 10700 boost to 4.8 with a rare 4.9. I did have a 9600K as well and and was overclocked to 5.0ghz but that one got shorted out :D power button issues. I just ran some benchmarks in AC as it's very consistent and was curious about ram settings and it defiantly does help but even with the lower ram@2667 it is higher than my previous system.

2667mhz
    AC VERSION: 1.16.3 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=221 MIN=44 MAX=272 VARIANCE=10 CPU=91%

LOADING TIME: 16s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (1920x1080)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
    CPU CORES: 16
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:0 RAYS:0 HEAT:1

3600mhz
    AC VERSION: 1.16.3 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=239 MIN=99 MAX=293 VARIANCE=10 CPU=91%

LOADING TIME: 16s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (1920x1080)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
    CPU CORES: 16
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:0 RAYS:0 HEAT:1

Another game that showed some interesting results was Division 2- 9600kf@ 1080p FPS AVG@ 77 GPU at 94% and CPU@81% / 10700 was AVG@85 GPU@98% and CPU 27% This I may test again with the ram @2667 as this looks like more of a gpu limitation.

GT_Guima and Krassmus like this.
  16. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

So the 10700k handled ACC significantly better than the 9600k did? I'm curious as I'm debating getting one or the other for my next upgrade.

17. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

For me it was enough of an upgrade, everything is just smoother now and in AC VR maintaining 80fps it just stays there. I could play ACC on my monitor before with a few dips but in VR I couldn't get good enough picture quality and frames to play comfortably. That being said if I was on a stricter budget I would have got the i5 10600K as it very close to the i7 based on the benchmarks I've seen. Wish I had the chip still to test lol.

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’d still wait for the AMD 4000 CPU’s to see what native RAM speed they will support as RAM really does make a difference in all sims.

19. CuaC

CuaC Gamer

I wouldn't go with an i5. If you're going for the 2070 get the super, price difference isn't much. RAM try to go to 3200Mhz at least. That SSD is a bit on the tiny side, get a larger one, at least 500gb to have some extra room. M2 Vs SATA doesn't really make such a difference if price tag is a thing

20. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

M2 is the form factor not the connection. The M2 connection on the mainboard can be electronically connected via SATA as well or via PCIe which is way faster than SATA (if the SSD is capable of this speed).
    The newer M2 NVMe SSD drives are mostly for PCIe, the slower ones for M2 via SATA.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Gromran likes this.