1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

YouTube Channel "GTWorld" is filing copyright notices for ACC videos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Serta Farenz, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Si.

Si. Simracer

Just had a Copyright Id claim from base79 against the replay of my best lap in the Lamborghini Real Race event. I’ve disputed it.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

It's probably likely there was no human involved. Just an automated system using a broad sword.

aotto1977 likes this.
  3. Si.

Si. Simracer

What a surprise, base79 have dropped their claim.

alex bonner, Wolf WolfZ and AndyK70 like this.
  4. Hoshimo

Hoshimo Gamer

They dont give up. Since yesterday I have a claim too. So annoying. :mad:

5. Turk

Turk Alien

A major part of the problem is youtube/google automate too much of their customer and client interactions. It's cheap and make dealing with basic stuff like this a long running nightmare.

I don't think you'll find a fix for this, you'll just have to accept that false claims and ineffectual support are going to be part of the process of using google services. The thing is your not their customer. Advertisers are their customers, so your concerns aren't really top of the list for them.

Google is really leaving the door wide open for others to come along and provide much better services. People are primed to move once a solid alternative shows up.

chksix likes this.
  6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Happens to me too. As others said, it's probably the automatic bot having issues to understand if it is the game or a real video feed (err... thanks I guess!)
    Here's the text I'm sending to resolve the issues. I know it is annoying to do everytime, but in the mean time it works.

Obviously substitute tutorial with race or hotlap or whatever and the circuit name to your needs. They should 99.9% accept the dispute.

7. This base79 claimed rights in several ACC Lives videos that I make daily.

This is unacceptable, as we have to open a dispute for content that we produce. But at least with me, after a few hours after opening the dispute, base79 "abandoned" the dispute.

YouTube should have a system in place to punish those who claim rights they do not have. They do this on several channels, they should be punished too.

SYBER1AN, R. Iván, chksix and 2 others like this.
  8. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Off topic, but why does your ACC look completely different then mine? The HUD, is totally different.... :eek:

The standing on the left, the "time of day", the "View Settings"... everything looks actualyl much better then what I have...

Also, I am wondering why does the driver constantly move his right hand.

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

The video is from 2018, early access beta...

NemethR likes this.
  10. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Ahh, did not notice that :D
    Actualyl I like that look more.

11. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Im pretty naive about this whole dynamic but if this spamming of violations is allowed is there not a site that allows you to do automated counterspam against GTWorld? I'm assuming these guys have a channel.

It's an annoying dynamic in today's world that "big" companies have automated systems that can create lots of faff for individuals without any downside to the company running the automated system. Hopefully if machine learning becomes even more pervasive there is going to be some government action...

Mogster, sissydriver and chksix like this.
  12. alex_savo

alex_savo Simracer

As long as you don't use any TV footage, intro or Music from SRO then you should be fine.

13. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi Aris - Thanks so much for the feedback on this topic.

14. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

I am pretty convinced that it's YouTube's very own Content ID system that chases after your videos. All that GTworld does is claim copyright on their own material, and YouTube's algorithm goes chasing for copys.

To be fair, this is quite a complicated job, even if you use the term "AI" instead of "algorithm". We've all seen several attempts to circumvent copyright protection on YouTube – mirrored Videos, added inserts and such. The Content ID system has to cope with those veilings, which in the end leads to a certain amount of false positives.

Or, to put it simpler: GTworld is not "evil", nor is the Content ID algorithm. Today's sims have gotten so good, the algorithm recognises (within its given margins) the sim contents as the real ones.

(The developer nerd inside of me is a bit astonished about how far the recognition of similar content has gotten, tbh.)

15. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Racer

Base79 not recognising that the copyright and community guideline claim system on YouTube has many flaws and is being exploited by them is the issue.
    You're not telling me that they don't get the notifications about probably 100s of video's.

They just don't care since probably 90/100 don't dispute the claim and so they get the moneyz for doing very little.

If that is not evil, I don't know what is.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  16. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Waaah, ok, my bad – I missed the part with Base97 and was under the assumption, SRO/GTworld triggered the claims themselves.

17. xsnakeyx

xsnakeyx Rookie

Just got this very same strike on my channel.. for a random part of my video that I was live streaming a community launch event for GT4.. I have background but it's from Harris Heller from Alpha Gaming which is totally free to be used (he made them specifically for streamers to NOT get any strikes..)..

Hasn't been 24 hours yet but we'll see how this goes..

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  18. Boonatix

Boonatix Racer

Still happening so just tagging this again here :)

AndyK70 likes this.
  19. matias918

matias918 Gamer

still there outside with a new name :
    upload_2020-11-26_12-39-9.png