1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT4 DLC regional pricing [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER]

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by EddardBey, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M3RT0V -_-

M3RT0V -_- Rookie

I also play iRacing for 7 years. I don't care what price is this but Steam has a own currency against poor currencies to dollar or euros. DLC has 3 times expensive price than the game. That's what we expect. Think that, You can buy game for 60€ but DLC is €167. If we don't think logical and exchange rate differences.

rafael.placce likes this.
  2. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

For the amount of work that actually goes into this sim it's not much to pay. The base game might be cheaper now and deals from country to country, but come on. Look at rFactor2 and they charge alot more.

3. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Same thing here in Brazil: Base game price is R$ 75.99 and the GT4 DLC is R$ 79,99. For comparison, the Intercontinental GT Pack costs R$ 28,99.

The original price in USD for the GT4 DLC is 50% of the base game price. If the price in USD was about the same, I wouldn't complain.

But yeah, I'd say something is definitely wrong with the regional pricing.

R3V3NG3 BR, rafael.placce and LChaves like this.
  4. Shad Ra

Shad Ra Rookie

This is quite frustrating. I was also looking forward for this DLC but the price is way too high in my region. I know we are in dire times and a lot of currencies lost a lot a value recenlty but overpricing the dlc in other regions it's quite harsh. As said above, no one expect to pay 2-3 times the price of the base game for a dlc.

Just to be clear, I own and love both ACs with all DLCs. I think Kunos is doing a great job with the games and content for it. It was never a problem buying their games and dlcs because the prices was always fair and reasonable. Sadly, I'll have to pass on this. :(

5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Is it Kunos' or is it Steams responsibility to set regional prices?

6. Pfei

Pfei Rookie

AFAIK it's the publisher who sets the regional pricing. I don't mind paying for DLC, but when it's nearly four times the price of the base game and nearly ten times the price of the ICGT pack it makes you think twice.

sissydriver likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@AndyK70 - if they pay ~8€ for the whole game (regular!) and now 20€ for the dlc - thats not balanced

Diabolus and Pfei like this.
  8. Diabolus

Diabolus Gamer

According to this document "Partners on Steam" are responsible and Valve checks it. This is probably 505 Games' fault, Kunos may have nothing to do with it but as I've said before take this thread as a reach out from people to those that can fix it.

Edit: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/pricing#1

LATE4APEX and AndyK70 like this.
  9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Russia can be added here. Moscow is not Russia, only conditionally.

The price of $20 is 5-10 percent of the salary of an average citizen of this country.

Pfei likes this.
  10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Regional pricing in India is almost twice as much as the base game too, 1400 INR (full 20$) for the DLC and 750 INR for the base game. I bought it because I'm not exactly poverty riddled but I can definitely see this sort of regional pricing putting a lot of regular folks off from purchasing it especially given the current corona economy in the countries that depend on fair regional pricing. I think this was a mess up on 505's fault and they submitted the DLC to the storefront without setting regional pricing because the publishers have to set it manually afaik. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

JanR, Diabolus, Pfei and 2 others like this.
  11. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Kunos and 505 are responsible for pricing their products. Nothing to do with Steam.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

In German we have a term called

„Ehrenrührig“

I think this thread just covers that...

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You all are aware Kunos needs to earn money to keep the project going?

Don’t be ehrenrührig, just don’t be.

cooknn and LATE4APEX like this.
  14. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Then I think they should change the price in USD and EUR to 39,99 too. I wouldn't be "ehrenrührig" or whatever that means if this was the original price.

Soddyn likes this.
  15. M3RT0V -_-

M3RT0V -_- Rookie

You're right but there is inconsistency. At least, we should learn it is error or pricing will be like that. Let's see. I hope staffs clarify soon :)

16. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Nobody is asking them to reduce the price of DLC in first world countries, people are just pointing out that it is silly to expect a rando argentinian to dish out full 20$ when their rmonthly income is measured in a couple hundered dollars. Kunos always had excellent fair pricing in poorer regions of the world because of regional pricing and this just seems to be a slip up. Nothing "ehrenrührig" (making or spreading scandalous claims about someone with the intention of damaging their reputation. if translator is right) about pointing it out what seems to be an simple error.

17. MrCosta

MrCosta Rookie

Classic entitled statement from someone that lives in a country with a MUCH higher average wage than those complaining.

18. Diabolus

Diabolus Gamer

Attached Files:

19. Torcano

Torcano Alien

That said some good news, Marco wrote on his fb that the regonal prices were set but they are taking a while to get approved and they are trying to get it fixed. I'd say wait a few hours and see if the prices change. :)

20. From FB:
    Marco Massarutto
    the publisher is aligning all the prices but approvals came late, we are working to fix it

From RD:
    Stefano
    no, usually it's Steam that proposes regional prices automatically based on their own algorithm/data/experience.

I can only vouch for what we did while I was there and it was basically agree with the Steam proposed amounts without thinking too much about it.

No idea if this was a change in steam approach to this due to VPN abuses or a deliberate act by somebody to go and change numbers around.. I really doubt is the latter tho.

and:

by the way.. just saw Marco on FB saying they are fixing the prices but price adjustments can take a long time on Steam to activate.
    My theory is that Steam changed the algorithms for the price suggestions and that took the team by surprise.

So to my Argentinians brothers (and all the others in other countries that got a bad price) I say hold on and wait for the prices to go down, hopefully won't be too long but sadly it's even possible that Steam will refuse to adjust the price before weeks have gone by...