1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing MP Mixed-Class Racing - GT3/GT4

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Günthar Rowe, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hika

Hika Rookie

i think the answer is simple, they have to develop the IA in the GT3 To pass the slower gt4 and the gt4 to "let" pass the GT3 .
    for myself never use bots, join a league if you want to drive with others.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  2. Ah thanks, so the British GT won't be the whole series like the Blancpain in the main game? I didn't realise that, I thought they would have the cars and tracks to do a whole season. Thanks for clarifying.

3. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

There isn't really any sim on the market now that really does the multiclass AI correctly. They all either crash into each other, or unrealistically jump out of each other's way on the first blue flag making it super easy when you're the slower class.

Mogster and Dewald Nel like this.
  4. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

Raceroom does multiclass ai ok from what i remember

5. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Is there any way to differentiate the class standings during a race? For example in the MFD, we have an Overall standings, relative, and maybe a new page could be created called class standings? Otherwise you don't know if you are leading the GT4 class race as you'll show as 15th or something lol

Son, ohjeah and oTe like this.
  6. I think if they can optimize AI then they will surely implement multiclass in SP. I hope they do it as soon as possible.

7. the word "Nordschleife" should have an hard-coded insta block on that forum, like an automatic ban for whoever write that.

Freddie Seng and R. Iván like this.
  8. KastaRules

KastaRules Rookie

Although that is a great suggestion, which I encourage myself, that is Not a solution to the problem.
    We also have to consider those lacking the time (or the skills) to join a league, I personally would love multi-class in single player.
    I hope they consider putting the time and effort to implement this in the near future.

9. MARCOITA20

MARCOITA20 Rookie

The devs have been quite clear in their statements in the forum or in the various streams, for now there are two obstacles to the implementation of multiclass races in single player mode: AI was not thought from the beginning with this possibility in mind so it is not obvious that they can do this and also they are related to SRO and none of the series that, at the moment, are simulated in the game featured multiclass races.
    As a result, there won't be that chance until at least the british GT pack Will be released, but according to devs it will only be a track pack.

10. KastaRules

KastaRules Rookie

A man can dream though, a man can dream

11. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

If I am not wrong, 24h of Spa is multiclass. At least last year there was few cars from different class. But I know- this is only one event.

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

"AI was not thought from the beginning with this possibility in mind",... this is pretty obvious on how poorly AI handles much slower cars/traffic, although, I'm surprised this could not be refined, but what do I know, haven't a clue how that code functions in the first place.
    Maybe they lost the programmer who created AI code, that would be a big problem.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  13. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

These are more like guest starters. 2018 was one Cup Porsche and one Super Trofeo, 2019 this promo cup porsche who did not drive all the time. I wouldn't call this multiclass.

Elrann and sissydriver like this.
  14. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

surely the AI should be programmed already well enough to overtake a slower car? gt4 should just ve treated as slow gt3 cars to the AI, surely the AI isn't too dumb to overtake a slow car?

blue flags are largely ignored alot in sro races anyway irl lol

15. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Yeah, you’re absolutely right, I’ve forgot that and now I can remember.

Now I would not call it multiclass either.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Bathurst 19 had a few GT4's participate..

Maybe they will have a crack at it next year once the dust settles on all this new content.. Then again maybe not. Going off the change logs over the last couple of builds Ai is clearly not a priority at the moment.. It's at a good level now so maybe they are happy enough with where it's at and don't or can't invest in more time into further development..

17. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

I think there are two things that could greatly improve multiclass racing in multiplayer races:

- To have somewhere in the MFD a ranking of your own category: it's nice to know your place in the general classification, but it's more important to know if you're 3rd or 9th in your category than to know if you're 12th or 17th in the general classification...
    - Getting the GT3s (also Cup and ST) to start ahead of the GT4s, even if they didn't set a time during qualifying : I did a multi-class race yesterday in Bathurst, 4 GT3s started behind the GT4s, well it's these GT3s that created the huge crash because of their impatience ...

18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure most of those things will come in due time.

19. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Never use "just" in software development, especially when you don't know the code.
    The concept of the software is often so complex, that adding something at one point can cause massive problems on others.

You don't really think, Kunos didn't even consider or test multiclass with AI, do you?
    Theres probably more to it than just overtaking.

AndyK70, Pekka and azzah like this.
  20. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

You might get this idea from watching a GT World Challenge race. But in contrary to say F1, getting a blue flag doesn't mean the driver has to get out of the way as soon as possible. In GT World Challenge races, it only means a driver may not defend his position when an attempt to overtake is made.