1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Strategist - Advanced strategy calculator

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by MegadetH, Jul 1, 2020.

1. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

[​IMG]

Based on various easily editable parameters, this app provides you the best strategy without fuel saving, as well as all the different strategies possible with up to 20% of fuel saving.

Features:

- Default lap times for each track, changes are saved. A reset to default button is available.

- Default fuel usage for each track-car combo (default values given by the game in Setup menu), changes are saved. A reset to default button is available.

- Multiple strategies are calculated, based on the race length, formation lap, pit stop rules, max stint duration, average lap time, fuel usage, tank capacity and time lost in the pits, with 0 to 20% fuel saving.

- For each strategy, the app calculates the following informations:

* Number of laps

* Number of pit stops

* Lower cut-off lap time (if the average lap time is lower than this value, the race will be longer)

* Higher cut-off lap time (if the average lap time is higher than this value, the race will be shorter)

* Starting fuel

* Fuel saving (Either "No", or the percent of fuel to save in the longest stint of the race, up to 20%)

* For each stint: Number of laps and fuel usage average

* For each pit stop: Lap of the pit stop and amount of fuel to add

Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.svillet.accstrategist

https://sylvainvillet.github.io/acc_strategist/#/

FAQ:
    - How to use ACC Strategist
    Just fill the form, adjust the average lap time and fuel usage if needed, and click Go!
    The app will then show you a screen with all the information needed for your race.

- How does it work?
    The app first calculates a base strategy, without any fuel saving.
    Then, if the race has more than 1 pit stop, it will compute a strategy with 1 pit stop less, which means with fuel saving.
    If this strategy is valid according to the rules and the fuel saving is under 20%, it will be shown in a separate tab.
    Average lap time and cut-offs are adjusted too, to compensate the time gained by avoiding a pit stop.
    Then, the app tries to reduce again the number of pit stops, until it's not valid anymore. There can be up to 6 strategies for 24h races.

- Does the app takes any margin?
    No, the app doesn't take any margin, but it shows you for each stint the average fuel consumption.
    If you keep your average under this value, you will be fine, as long as the average lap time was not set too slow.
    If you want to take some margin, you can always add a few more liters or increase the fuel consumption.

- What are lower and higher cut-off times?
    Lower cut-off is the average lap time limit where the race would be 1 lap longer, and higher cut-off the limit where the race would be 1 lap shorter.
    If the average lap time is close to the lower cut-off, you might want to take a few extra liters just to be sure.

- Which engine map should I use?
    Use the fastest engine map in practice and enter the fuel usage in the app.
    If the race is long enough to justify a fuel saving strategy, test different maps to see how you can reach the fuel usage wanted without loosing too much time.

- How to save fuel during a race?
    There are 3 different ways to save fuel: short shifting (don't rev all the way to the rev limiter, switch gear earlier), engine maps (see above) and lift'n'coast (lift the throttle earlier than the normal braking point, coast a bit, then brake later than the normal braking point).
    It seams that the last one is not very effective in ACC, but short shifting and engine maps can save you a lot of fuel with minimal time lost, but it will change a lot for each track-car combo so you'll need to do some tests.

- Should I go for the fuel saving strategy?
    You can see that the average lap time is different for each strategy. If, for example, the average lap time is 2:00 for the normal strategy and 2:01 for the fuel saving one,
    then if you can reach the fuel usage needed without loosing more than 1s per lap, go for the fuel saving strategy, otherwise the normal one.

- What about wet races?
    You can adjust the average lap time and fuel usage to match the weather conditions.
    Just take a bit of margin in case the weather is getting better and lap times are getting faster again.

- Can I see a lap-by-lap breakdown?
    Yes, just click on a stint to open a detailed view.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    baboon, Rip, Tolga Yılmaz and 32 others like this.

2. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

Awesome! Thank you

MegadetH likes this.
  3. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Changelog v1.2.0:
    - Added "Dark Mode", open the option menu (3 dots) to enable.

[​IMG]

Web app:
    If you don't have an Android device (or just don't want to download the app) you can use the web app below.
    Main differences is that you can't save the values and don't have the Dark Mode, otherwise the math are the same:
    https://sylvainvillet.github.io/acc_strategist/

4. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Changelog v1.3.0:
    - Reworked strategy display
    - Added race time left for each pit stop

[​IMG]

5. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Very interesting and useful. With your permission, I am gonna share this app in a Spanish forum, so they know a good a app for ACC ;)

MegadetH likes this.
  6. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Of course, feel free to share :)

7. martinph

martinph Rookie

Looks awesome, thank you! I was actually searching for an app that did exactly this but yours never came up. Might want to maybe revisit your app description in the store and maybe drop some more keywords in? Either way, hope you get the visibility you deserve!

8. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

What where you typing in the Google Play search? I'm not sure I can control much, it tooks a few days to just be able to find the app by typing his name "ACC Strategist" in the search...

9. xsnakeyx

xsnakeyx Rookie

Absolutely amazing work! Very helpful indeed. Thanks for doing all the math for us. :)

MegadetH likes this.
  10. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Changelog v1.4.1: (Android + Web app)
    - Added GT4 class with default lap times and fuel usage data
    - Separated GT3, GT4, CUP and ST classes
    - Added default lap times for CUP and ST classes

[​IMG]

11. JanR

JanR Gamer

Really nice app, and thanks for incorporating the new changes from ACC so quickly!

One thing I noticed though - it seems that there are only the "Evo" cars (R8 Evo, Huracan Evo, 911 II GT3 R) available to select, not the corresponding older models - is this on purpose (e.g. the Evo model is not differing from the previous generation model) or a technical limitation?
    To be honest I actually don't know whether all of the evo models have the same fuel consumption on all tracks as their older counterpart (and can't check right now as I'm not at home) - but as e.g. the two Bentley Continental models or the Porsche 911 are actually different car generations (in contrast to the Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracan, etc.) I was somehow expecting that at least these two (Porsche, Bentley) are definitely in some ways different (and maybe the others, too).

A question came to my mind while writing this post: Does selecting the car model have some consequences regarding the actual calculation? Or is ist "just" a convenience feature to load the default/customized fuel usage (EDIT: and lap time) of that car for the given track?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  12. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Indeed I decided to only put the most recent versions because the older ones have the same fuel tank capacity, as well as the same fuel usage (according to Kunos at least), so there's no point to include both except making the list longuer (and I don't think that a lot of people are actually using them).

Yes, the fuel tank capacity is taken into account, so it can be different from one car to the other.

JanR likes this.
  13. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

The calculations are great, best app for this so far. I have a two suggestions:

• Could you make the stints optionally more detailed? So if we click on a stint, we get to see some more detailed info about fuel usage for that stint, in example reference points regarding fuel left. So when we cross start-finish line, it is just a quick comparison of numbers to check if were are on point with the fuel usage. This could be useful especially for the fuel saving strategy.
    • Some optional additional info to the lower cut off in case the tank capacity was not used fully, so maybe 5 liters extra are an extra lap which lowers the cutoff to time x. Could be useful for driver swap with different pace or changing track conditions.

MegadetH likes this.
  14. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

MegadetH likes this.
  15. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Thanks for your suggestions!
    • Good idea, I'll look into a detailed lap-by-lap stint screen :)
    • I'm not sure if I understand the second point. Cut-off are only calculated from race duration and average lap time. Basically, if you estimate the race to 35.5 laps, then round up to 36 laps (extra time at the end of the race), lower cut-off is the average lap time needed to make the race 37 laps instead of 36, and higher cut-off 35 laps. The fact that there is some extra fuel in the tank at the end of the stint doesn't change anything to that, if you are in a fuel saving strategy, you should do an extra lap before the pit stop, and if you are in the normal consumption strategy, add 5 liters less during the pit stop. If you're talking about adapting the strategy in real time during the race, that would be pretty difficult to implement. Also, what's complicated about cut-offs, is that as long as you are not one lap down, it's acually the leader's pace that will decide if the race is one more or one less lap.

16. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Ignore the second idea, it is not really useful. I'll try to explain my thoughts anyways, so you know what I meant.
    It was about unused capacity at the start of the stint, not fuel left at the end of it. So which times would I be allowed to drive if I refueled extra for 1 more lap, in case my time in the race is better than expected. But those are so much faster, even on brands hatch it is 2 seconds per lap, that it does not make any sense to show it in the calculator.

Thank you for considering the lap-by-lap screen :)

17. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

Changelog v1.5.1: (Android + Web app)
    - Added stint details page with lap-by-lap breakdown (click on stint to open)
    - Added real race duration to Strategy screen
    - Added average lap time to Strategy screen
    - Improved strategies computations in some corner cases
    - Updated some GT4 fuel usage values
    - Bug fixes for "no refueling allowed" and web app

@Thomas Fun

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Nada, Gary Munson and Thomas Fun like this.
  18. MegadetH

MegadetH Racer

New DLC = New ACC Strategist update!

[​IMG]

Changelog v1.6.0:

- Reworked home screen
    - Added Imola with default lap times and fuel usage
    - Added FAQ
    - Added help dialog for Max. stint duration

FAQ:
    - How to use ACC Strategist
    Just fill the form, adjust the average lap time and fuel usage if needed, and click Go!
    The app will then show you a screen with all the information needed for your race.

- How does it work?
    The app first calculates a base strategy, without any fuel saving.
    Then, if the race has more than 1 pit stop, it will compute a strategy with 1 pit stop less, which means with fuel saving.
    If this strategy is valid according to the rules and the fuel saving is under 20%, it will be shown in a separate tab.
    Average lap time and cut-offs are adjusted too, to compensate the time gained by avoiding a pit stop.
    Then, the app tries to reduce again the number of pit stops, until it's not valid anymore. There can be up to 6 strategies for 24h races.

- Does the app takes any margin?
    No, the app doesn't take any margin, but it shows you for each stint the average fuel consumption.
    If you keep your average under this value, you will be fine, as long as the average lap time was not set too slow.
    If you want to take some margin, you can always add a few more liters or increase the fuel consumption.

- What are lower and higher cut-off times?
    Lower cut-off is the average lap time limit where the race would be 1 lap longer, and higher cut-off the limit where the race would be 1 lap shorter.
    If the average lap time is close to the lower cut-off, you might want to take a few extra liters just to be sure.

- Which engine map should I use?
    Use the fastest engine map in practice and enter the fuel usage in the app.
    If the race is long enough to justify a fuel saving strategy, test different maps to see how you can reach the fuel usage wanted without loosing too much time.

- How to save fuel during a race?
    There are 3 different ways to save fuel: short shifting (don't rev all the way to the rev limiter, switch gear earlier), engine maps (see above) and lift'n'coast (lift the throttle earlier than the normal braking point, coast a bit, then brake later than the normal braking point).
    It seams that the last one is not very effective in ACC, but short shifting and engine maps can save you a lot of fuel with minimal time lost, but it will change a lot for each track-car combo so you'll need to do some tests.

- Should I go for the fuel saving strategy?
    You can see that the average lap time is different for each strategy. If, for example, the average lap time is 2:00 for the normal strategy and 2:01 for the fuel saving one,
    then if you can reach the fuel usage needed without loosing more than 1s per lap, go for the fuel saving strategy, otherwise the normal one.

- What about wet races?
    You can adjust the average lap time and fuel usage to match the weather conditions.
    Just take a bit of margin in case the weather is getting better and lap times are getting faster again.

- Why is there not every versions of the cars?
    There's a few GT3 cars that have 2 different versions in the game (normal and Evo, 2015 and 2018) but they always share the same fuel tank capacity, as well as the same default fuel usage, so you can safely use the app with any of the 2 models.

- Can I see a lap-by-lap breakdown?
    Yes, just click on a stint to open a detailed view.

19. Thanks!!! by far the best app! Used in all of my races and never disappointed me :D

Ale Robles and MegadetH like this.
  20. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

Thank you very much Sylvain, absolutely stunning app.

The only app I've ever rated on the PlayStore

Thank you again.

MegadetH likes this.