1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 188 - A Sideways Superfast and a Spin in South Africa

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 188 –Tuscan Red and a pink surprise down under.
    Featuring Assetto Corsa and Competizione challenges.

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Ferrari 812 Superfast
    Track: Nurburgring Sprint (GT)
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.17 - 22.04.44.44.png
    [​IMG]

Last week we were scrambling for grip in a old and fast racing Ferrari, and this week we'll be searching for grip in a new and Superfast street car (did yah see what I did there :D)! Luckily we have access to modern technology so we have different levels of tire torture, ahem, Traction Control available. The engine in this beast is one of the best in any car. NA, 800HP, V12, Ferrari - what else can you ask for? Well you should ask for better brakes! This is a streetcar afterall and don't get me wrong, the brakes on this car would stop any other car on a dime, but when your trying to slow down 800 rampaging horses it can be a little tricky to get them under control in time for the corner! But that helps to underline why they called this car the Superfast because before you realize it your going Superfast.

Nurburgring Sprint (GT) is a one of the tracks that we don't use as much on WHC's. I personally love this track. Long flowing high speed corners I especially love the Schumacher Esse's, technical slower speed corners and good overtaking opportunities on multiple parts of the track.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018)
    Track: Kyalami
    Time: 18:00 and x 1 progression
    Weather: Clear
    Temp: Disabled

upload_2020-7-18_9-52-34.png

As the winner of the Paul Ricard HotStint in WHC186 @mike reynolds has the honour of choosing this week’s ACC WHC.

In his own words:
    “So let's run with a 10 min Hotstint at Kyalami (best track in the game for racing IMO), Clear condition at 6pm in the evening. I can normally run low 1:42's here but will need to improve on this to be on the podium again!

Kyalami is a track where the Porsche is top dog....so let’s go all heavy front-engined and have a go in the later Nissan GTR.”

upload_2020-7-18_9-53-6.png

It a great, flowing track, quite pink in places and the Nissan does indeed feel heavy. Tank-slappers are big, go on for hundreds of yards and annoy the man in your ear! I had the helm spinning like the skipper of a sloop in a storm! But it also has a wonderful feeling of power, as if you have 100% torque available from tickover….
    It still won’t make it into sixth gear for me though! Since I’ve had the game I don’t think I’ve used 6th gear, even at Bathurst last week.

The ten minutes will fly by and I think we are expecting five to six lap sessions, some sideways action and possibly a little bit of swearing!

Tyres and Times?

For Assetto Corsa:
    ….
    I don't actually know the ideal tire pressures for this week. My trusty download with all the ideal tire psi's listed for each car, doesn't seem to include the Superfast. I tried the combo out a few days ago and I think I just used the stock setup because I didn't save a modified setup. I turned off the TC though.

Update: The correct psi's are
    33 front
    34 rear

We'll be aiming for laptimes around 1.32 and under.

For A.C.Competizione:
    Recommended tyre pressure is around 27.5 psi (hot.)

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 186 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆

---------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Challenge - How to take part:
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Ferrari 812 Superfast and the Nurburgring Sprint (GT) course.
    Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free
    To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge Challenge - How to take part:
    In Single Player:
    1. Choose the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018).
    2. Select HOSTINT.
    3. Select 18:00 and x 1 progression.
    4. Select the Kyalami Track.
    5. Disable Dynamic Weather and select Clear.

The screen shot required to enter your time is in “Timetables.”
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    Please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    Improvement
    (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    (For ACC Hotstint – Number of Laps)
    Your platform
    (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 26th July 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Weekly Hotlap Challenge History - the WHC history will be posted at the end of each month.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    LadyTW, P308R, Tony212 and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Bojador

Bojador Gamer

It says deadline 19th July. Also you say hotstint but then you say to choose hotlap. May you please clarify?

I’ll try to enter the competition this week on acc. Need to learn new tracks and test other cars.

4. Hi @Bojador

Welcome to the WHC!

The ACC Challenge is a 10 mins HotStint and the chequered flag falls at 6pm BST+1 on 25th July.

Apologies for the confusion, my fault I think as I supplied the text to @Pretend racer for the ACC Challenge.:oops:

Thanks for pointing out and looking forward to you joining us.

5. ****CORRECTION TO THE THREAD POST******

The ACC Challenge is a 10 mins HotStint

Deadline: 6pm BST+1 on 25th July.

My apologies for the errors.

P308R, Neilski and Pretend racer like this.
  6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Amateurs! :rolleyes:

P308R, Neilski and Pretend racer like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC
    6 Laps
    Amateur :p

WHC 188 1.jpg

whooooosa - GT3 is FAST after some hours GT4 o_O

WHC 188 2.jpg

Fallen in love with Kyalami - this track has a flow. Especially in races.
    Thank you so much @mike reynolds - Hotstint is so much better for ACC - for me we could do every week Hotstint. Much more realistic with tire wear and not every lap *bamm* new tires.

This was a solid first try, no invalid lap, psi ~1.0 to low and must understand that GT3 has so much downforce. :rolleyes:

And, btw, Godzilla is such a beast - love the sound and the torque :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC
    6 Laps

WHC 188 3.jpg

WHC 188 4.jpg

still no rhythmn, but corner after corner its better and so much fun.

Godzillaaaaaaaaaaa

9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Q. How long is long enough when it comes to a Hotstint?

10. Bojador

Bojador Gamer

No problem. Thanks

11. I'm not going first with an answer to that....:rolleyes:;)

Pretend racer and P308R like this.
  12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    10:25:449
    PC
    6 Laps

Not driven the GTR much which is mainly why I chose it, she certainly takes some manhandling around here....crappy 1st effort time, but it was after my first trip to a pub for 4 months so I can only improve when sober!

PS just noticed my Air/track temps are different to SissyD's so I probably had the time of day wrong so feel free to DQ this attempt....

ACC GTR Kyalami1.PNG

13. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Neilski
    PC
    Wow, yes indeed so much power and so little braking! :D Lots of fun though. This car appears to be one of the few that doesn't pop its tyres even when you burn the heck out of them. I reached something like 98 psi and 600+ degrees, ROFL! Having said that, at that point it was like driving with rears made of butter :D
    Not many setup options but yet I'm still not sure what to do with what we do have - camber and toe, mainly. I confess I left a little bit of TC on (4 IIRC), so I will have to try again with it turned off.. And despite the tyres being "road" tyres, they really don't last very long.
    upload_2020-7-19_1-0-47.png

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:30:306

Never use full throttle - 80% throttle has grip, anything closer to 100% will give you less traction coming out of the corner.

[​IMG]
    Video:

15. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-7-19_13-34-12.png
    Amazing coincidence:
    Yesterday, as I was standing on a pavement, a Blu Abu Dhabi Superfast pulled out of a side road and came towards me.
    I grinned at the driver and as he went past, he gave it, what I suspect was, a slight nudge.
    It was just absolutely shocking!!!
    The sudden, overwhelming sense of MASSIVE power. I felt it in my chest and feet. Hairs up on the back of my neck!
    The engine didn't so much as rev, it just BARKED. Very, very loudly!! Like it just went straight to max revs.
    Very, very cool indeed, and as I mentioned to @Pretend racer , one day, I will have one.
    And so will he apparently!:D
    PS: I seem to remember reading at the press launch Luca Badoer, the ex Ferrari test driver, saying that the 812 was fastest around Fiorano with the traction systems set to race, rather than off. In addition, he said he would never disengage them when driving the Superfast.:)

16. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:34:015
    PC

812 Hotlap.png

Had a quick go before the F1, which inadvertently turned into a long go whilst the F1 started and was/is on in my peripheral vision :D

Probably a high 1:32 in there if I get enough time during the week to fine tune myself to that point :p

17. GoodGame.eXistenZ

[​IMG]
    Ordered!!! :cool:
    Currently having to decide between Sim Lab P1-X or GT1-Evo rig. Up next probably SImucube 2 Pro. Making the shift away from Fanatec.

@Totall Wrytoff Most of today's supercars can't be driven porperly without electronic aids. Simply too much power. Amazing how they produce these cars to be able to drive at the limit with those crazy figures - yet, I'd rather have a 300-400hp ish car over anything that is considered hypercar nowadays.

18. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    10:34:158
    6 Laps
    PC

GTR Hotstint.png

I like this combo a lot :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC
    6 Laps

WHC 188 5.jpg

WHC 188 6.jpg

Kyalami and Godzilla - have a smile on my face - what a car/track combination. :)

20. AC
    Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-7-19_17-22-35.png
    Having said that, this faster lap is without any TCS.
    I thought it would be horrendous, but it is quite easy to read.

Appreciate what you are saying @GoodGame.eXistenZ , but you, of all people, should have this, the best internal combustion engine of all time, at the command your right foot. Surely.:)

21. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Where can I sign in? :p

Yes, your observation about TC is correct. In fact, I am faster without TC in most cars in AC. Once you have the limit of the tyres figured out it is the better option. Even on setting 1 it is often too strong imho.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Pretend racer, P308R, Neilski and 3 others like this.