1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Just something additional, hotlap and practice seem to work fine, I tried both of them now. So it might be an issue specific to events (or hotstints).

2. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

I see - it is an issue with wet sessions only. Something isn't initialised properly when it comes to save which tyres are used. If I can't resolve it properly by the next release, I'll put in a temporary fix so at least all other information is saved properly

EDIT: Found the source of the problem now - I'll just need to test it next weekend when I'm back

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  3. expor

expor Gamer

@Doug Duthie Mind sharing what bug you found in the sample client that caused the resource leak / disconnect issues? I think I'm running into the same issue after a long day of testing, but I want to make sure.

4. Doug Duthie

It was basically the one you spotted about needing to send the connection ID when you do a MessageHandler.Disconnect. My issue, was I was still using a lot of the previous client code which I think closed the listener before shutting down, so disconnect was never called.

IIRC, in ACCUdpRemoteClient I changed ShutdownAsync to still attempt to disconnect the message handler even if the listener had closed

Code:
            public async Task ShutdownAsnyc()
            {
                try
                {
                    if (_listenerTask != null && !_listenerTask.IsCompleted)
                    {
                        logger.info($"Issued disconnect against message handler for connection {MessageHandler.ConnectionId}");
                        MessageHandler.Disconnect();
                        _client.Close();
                        _client = null;
                        await _listenerTask;
                    } else
                    {
                        if (MessageHandler != null && _client != null)
                        {
                            logger.info($"Listener task not running but issue disconnect against message handler {MessageHandler.ConnectionId}");
                            MessageHandler.Disconnect();
                            _client.Close();
                            _client = null;
                        }
                        else if (_listenerTask == null)
                        {
                            logger.info($"No need for disconnect against message handler {MessageHandler.ConnectionId} - listener task is null");
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            logger.info($"No need for disconnect against message handler {MessageHandler.ConnectionId} - listener task completed = {_listenerTask.IsCompleted}");
                        }

}
                } catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    logger.error($"Error shutting down client asynchronously - {ex.Message}", ex);
                }
            }

5. JakubFranek

JakubFranek Gamer

Hello

today I left a MP practice session and it didn't record. In case you're interested, here's the diagnostics. Otherwise good stuff in 1.6.5.

Cheers

Attached Files:

Doug Duthie likes this.
  6. Doug Duthie

It looks like the connection was shutdown from ACC's end when you started the session, but the error handling logic appears to be inadequate on my end so it didn't attempt retries. I'll go through all the error conditions and make sure it triggers retries.

7. B_U_R_I

B_U_R_I Racer

Do you have any plans on doing a web server feature which would display these results? It would be especially usefull for league/server admins. Something like this: http://176.9.39.116:51051/Sessions/Index or something similar to stracker for AC would be really great.

8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Hi, I'm running into a little issue with the GT4 cars as they are all "unknown car" despite I can select them with proper names in the manual fuel calculation.

I was driving online with the Camaro GT4.R (custom livery if it matters...) and all GT4 cars are in the results as "Unknown Car".
    I checked the fuel calculation and there I can select the Camaro GT4.R and interestingly enough there is also an chevrolet_camaro_gt4r (all in lower case) in the drop down list.

Is there something wrong with my database? Could I do something on my side to repair it?

GT4_UnknownCar.jpg fuel_carselection.png

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I don't know if this is related or not, I got another issue.

In that last race at Hungaroring I (#5) had a really nice battle with Francesco Rotaro (#17) and he was better and overtook me. All fine.
    I exported the data to csv and imported it into a spreeadsheet to filter and compare only the laps of the two of us.
    Why are his laptimes higher on every single lap, even when he overtook me in lap #9 ?
    I attached the exported and zipped csv to this post, if you need to have a look at it.

position_laptimes.png

Attached Files:

10. Doug Duthie

I hope to have an update out this weekend which will add full support for GT4 cars - previously I only had placeholders

NelsSenior and AndyK70 like this.
  11. Doug Duthie

I'll have a look at this later after I've got the GT4 update out. In the meantime, can you get me the full diagnostics (right click in the session area and select Export Diagnostics, then attach the zip file created)

12. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Thanks for caring, here you go:

Attached Files:

13. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.6.6 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Headline features:-

Full GT4 Support
    GT4 cars now have their Kunos coded added, so should now be recognised. Any session run since Wednesday with GT4 cars should now be updated with the correct car description (replacing "Unknown car")

Filters have been added to several of the screens to limit results by car class (GT3/GT4/Cup/ST) so things like leaderboards and circuit records aren't skewed by cars in a different class.

[​IMG]

All graphics from he cars are now taken from the game.

Asynchronous database writes
    While not a functional change, this is probably worth mentioning as things may appear slightly differently. I use a lightweight database that doesn't support concurrent writes. With the restructuring of the UI, different threads now need to update the database. With this release, DB writes are now handed off to a specific task which can serialise them in a queue to eliminate any attempt to do concurrent writes. The main visual effect will be that some screens may take a second or two to update (without locking up the UI). Other than that, everything should be the same

Known Issues/Omissions
    Broadcast connection not successful

While testing and frequently stopping & starting the app, I noticed that somethings the broadcast session will fail, even on retry. I think this is when the broadcast thread doesn't close properly and ties up resources in ACC. I'm not sure if this is just because I was debugging and not closing the app properly, or if it is possible in normal use.

If you get this (frequent red errors in the log retrying the Broadcast connection and never successful at the start of a session), close the app and check in Task Manager if there are any ACCResults.exe processes running. If so kill them.

Following this release, I'll look into this further.

Real recorded for GT4 (and Cup/ST)
    Currently, the real life records for comparisons are just for GT3s. I need to research the records for the other classes and add these in a later release

Fuel Usage - based on number of laps
    The fuel usage screen has a field which was intended to be the number of laps the stats were based upon (so you can judge the level of confidence in the data). However, due to the nested query, this isn't actually the number of laps anymore as the laps are counted several times. I'll look to resolve this in the future.

Result Stats - class filter
    There isn't yet a filter for GT4 in this screen. I'll look to add this at a later date

--------
    As always, if you enjoy this app and want to support its development, click the Donate button within the app. Many thanks to those who have already donated.

Happy racing

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  14. Doug Duthie

Hi Andy,
    This looks very odd. If I compare Francesco's laptimes with the estimated laptime (delta between him crossing the line on each lap), they are wildly different. He also has 2 completely identical laps (with sectors). I've checked the code and the times come directly from ACC. I've added extra diagnostics in to the lap time is reported immediately a crossed line event occurs so that can be compared. I've also reconciled an online race and laptimes match the timestables screen in ACC.

So, things to do:-
    If this happens again, or happens frequently, at the end of the race, screen shot as many user's lap times as you can from the end of race timetables, and send me the ACC Results Companion diagnostics again, and then I should be able to reconcile the times. It would be also useful to know the ping and CPU usage of the server (I think there is a small info box with that now), in case it is server lag causing the issue

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

As I read your last post, I immediately looked up my video recording folder and screenshot folder if I had taken any footage, as I do quiet often.
    Sadly enough I didn't. :(
    But I will in the future, I promise. :cool:
    Only a little downside: I not able to race daily, may take a couple of days to get new data.

Confirmed, all cars are now with their correct naming for all sessions I have. :cool:

Doug Duthie likes this.
  16. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

There have been some threads in the troubleshooting section regarding not matching laptimes on cars. Under some conditions ACC fails to detect overclocking and as a result the client internal clock is off, sending wrong laptimes to the server. You could see this in the replay, using a stopwatch.

17. Doug Duthie

Thanks for the info...it had me losing sleep that I was storing the times incorrectly.

@AndyK70 - here's your answer then - it is ACC reporting the incorrect laptimes under certain circumstances

AndyK70 and NelsSenior like this.
  18. B_U_R_I

B_U_R_I Racer

Hi Doug. I've run several sessions yesterday and I can see that some of them are missing. How could I find out what is the reason for this?

19. Doug Duthie

Right click anywhere in the session area and select Export Diagnostics and attached the created zip file here, then I should be able to see what is happening. Can you also describe the situation before sessions were missed
    • Since PC boot, was ACC only started once or was it started and stopped several times?
    • Was ACC Results Companion only started once or was it started and stopped several times?
    • When you had missed sessions, were all sessions missed since starting ACC Results Companion or did any record?

upload_2020-7-20_17-15-57.png
    Cheers

20. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I've ran practice today, but some laps are missing from my sessions. Here is only the last lap recorded (take a look at the fuel ;))

Usually I always start ACCRC and ACC just once (because I noticed in the past that not doing so was causing some issues), but today I didnt. This time i closed ACC for some calibration changes and started it again, without restarting ACCRC first.

accrc_missing.PNG

Attached Files: