1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

BoP gone wild :D

2. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Hi,
    someone knows if there' s any chance of seeing the Toyota Supra GT4 in Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future ?
    Thank you !

..LeRenard! likes this.
  3. Preckur

Preckur Rookie

I guess yes. And maybe tracks like Imola and magny cours cut they are in the race calendar this year. I still like to see the Z4 gt3 :D

Stickdeath1980 likes this.
  4. Roy_33

Roy_33 Gamer

I think not, the 2020 seasons will not be added, some 2020 liveries are a bonus

5. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

I see no reason to cut off this project with merely 2019 content, it seems like an amazing platform to keep alive and keep using as esports and practice platform for years to come. In my logic, I would expect 2020 updates in 2021.

Add US series and Asia after British GT all in 2019 format and then keep updating from there on. with small additions on yearly basis. I also assume it's cheaper to produce content, than to develop new engine every time. I mean original AC lived on for very long and still does for many reasons. I see same long lasting potential in ACC.

6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

This is all and well, but it all depends on how well the current DLCs sell. Also, as far as I know Kunos still needs to pay for the licenses separately for each car and track, the SRO license allows them to use the official rules and liveries, but that's it. So for Kunos to release new content it needs to be financially feasible.

Chris 576 likes this.
  7. Felge Schneider

I think especially asian and american tracks could make ACC more popular in the respective regions. So in my opinion it would be a good addon to get completely new customers. How much the licensing would cost, is another story, they previously said that the IGTC pack was quite expensive for Kunos.
    Anyway, ACC has big potential to grow in the future even inside the boundaries of the SRO cosmos.

mister dog likes this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Well... in the near future... this is as probable as the Nords would come to ACC, so: No way!
    What about in the somewhat distant future (summer 2021 and later)? Maybe... who knows?

9. SoloWingX

SoloWingX Racer

Seriously though, the game was advertised as seasons 2018 + 2019 in a free update. I would gladly PAY for a 2020 update with new tracks and cars. I really hope this project lives on even after the British GT pack...

..LeRenard! likes this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

If we look into the glass ball and summarize the last statements:
    Corona has changed many things and will change many things. In one fell swoop, simracing has become much more important and will remain more important. As stefano mentioned, this market is very busy and very competitive.
    Aris has mentioned several times in his videos that, like in the past at Assetto Corsa, you want to further improve and develop the product. That will happen in 2020(and in the future - its the "Kunos way"). They will improve ACC until its "okay" in their eyes.
    These (or most of these?) improvements will also be ported to the consoles. The three British tracks come in winter. Marco is very busy and will continue to work on future content (just think of suzuka, for a long time it was actually clear - the track is very expensive, it is rather not coming. and - tadaaa! - it was conjured up out of the hat).
    The great luxury of kunos is the team: people who love racing (you can hear that much) love their work and the result of their work.
    GT3 and GT4 will probably become more important in the future (for example DTM breaks down and rumors are heard that it is heading towards SRO) -
    less money is available and these less expensive series with good management are likely to be among those that will best weather this crisis.

tl; dr
    It will go on and it will go on well as long as the team essentially stays together and enjoys working.

11. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

What a well thought and formulated post. Thank you very much.

sissydriver likes this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I’d be surprised if Kunos were paying sky high track licence fees while SRO has contracts with the circuits. One of the Indycar track contracts was available to view online and it included fees for “digital use”. I assume SRO would have similar clauses in their circuit contracts.

13. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

License is one thing, actually hiring a company to laser scan the track and then putting the laser scan into the 3D modelling tools and actually turning the laser scan into a 3D model that looks and, more importantly, performs well, is another. All these people working on ACC content have salaries and, essentially, need to make sure their work is profitable in the end.

In a way, ACC's future is quite simple: the more we support ACC financially by buying the game and DLC, the higher the odds are we get more content in the future.

..LeRenard! and AndyK70 like this.
  14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I think SRO have realized that ACC is actually helping to promote their GT3/GT4 series. I don't think they want Kunos to stop. Personally, I enjoyed watching the GT4 and GT3 Imola races on YouTube, and that's thanks to ACC. If I were SRO I would ask Kunos to put the latest cars and tracks into the game ASAP. And looking at that AMG 2020 images from Marco I think this is exactly what Kunos is doing.

..LeRenard! and Batch like this.
  15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Keyword: "assume".

But even so, as someone else pointed out, it's not only about the license, but also about creating the content itself.

16. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

I remember this quote by panky about the Intercontinental GT DLC

sissydriver likes this.
  17. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Certainly not the near future - beyond that, it's OK to hope, but don't expect :)

Same for Imola, Magny-Cours and any other content beyond the UK Track Pack planned for winter.

Worth noting that Toyota are famously not too forthcoming with lisencing their cars; see the Lexus being the only car in the main game with no livery editor options.

Basically, this

One note, the owner of Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington (MSV) has laser scan data of its tracks for sale (hence theirs are the only laser scan tracks in AMS1 and PCARS1), so hopefully Kunos saved a bit of expense there. I know the Nurburgring owners also commissioned this and it wouldn't surprise me if more circuit owners started keeping this themselves too. Anyway, that's just speculation.

..LeRenard! likes this.
  18. darktrooper

darktrooper Rookie

Not sure if its sane asking, since my threat/post got locked straight away, but since its related I will try again and a moderater might be so kind to actually hint whats wrong asking, if so.

Has there been any info if they are considering adding the WEC into the Game? I think LMP and GTE would fit quite well.

19. Felge Schneider

No, WEC won't come.

Look up the SRO website, anything you find there miiiight be possible in the future, nothing else. All these unrealistic "wishes" are, whats annoying about content speculations.

Whats wrong with these kind of questions is, that Kunos said at several occasions, that ACC is a cooperation with SRO motorsports group. No F1, no ACO, no VLN, no IMSA, etc. Some people seem not to understand, that these series are not related together in terms of business. It's like asking for Indy Cars in F1 2020.

..LeRenard!, Pandora, AndyK70 and 9 others like this.
  20. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Not meaning to be rude at all but this is at the top of the forum

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...before-posting-use-the-search-function.61987/

AndyK70 likes this.