1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

David Perel did first look at the gt4s and (even if he is biased cause he is envolved in the whole project) he loved it how you can attack the curbs.

Look at his smile 8:02 / 14:10 :)

juandb78 likes this.
  2. TeknoBug

TeknoBug Gamer

I managed to in the Camaro, though I softened the front dampers a little. I haven't tried many other cars on Spa yet.

3. Dcully

Dcully Gamer

Ofcourse he is going to smile , he was paid for his input to ACC which is fine but dont ever expect him to speak honestly about ACC.
    But you are correct about everything else :)

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Neither do I,... was just trying to come up with why, the pretty much across the board difference between GT4 & GT3 spring rates.
    And I actually stated,... "Also don't know how the rules could be written", meaning they would NOT be written to define spring rates.

Do agree with your aero connection, that makes sense, on the fast smooth parts of the track, on the rough and usually slower parts of the track, not so much.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Dcully - he is paid by kunos? didnt know that. And i think he is honest. Not 100% neutral, he said this and you can feel it, but his videos are worth a look.

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. theivansk

theivansk Racer

One question, the 718 cayman gt4 that we got in ACC, is the MR (Manthey Racing) version? Because I heard that MR did this version to compete in sro events, and I am seeing now that in gt4 euro, the 718 is the MR version.

7. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Indeed, biggest difference being the difference in aero, springs much softer, can tell this through increased body roll. The fact a few of them are much heavier cars than GT3. I saw it at Zolder, did 2 races. One in the Bentley at there, then another in the R8. R8 you can pretty much straight line that chicane without unsettling the car too much (the first one). But, I did notice, the dips in the overrun on the 2nd chicane, take the left curb too wide and that was more sensitive over that one compared to the Bentley.

8. Dcully

Dcully Gamer

Yes he had large input to ACC development, his onboard videos are fantastic but after watching a lot of his live streams time and time again while asked about other sims he just slates other sims.
    He admitted to not even playing AMS2 yet said it was rubbish, even his engineer Chris quizzed him about forming that opinion without playing it.
    I have raced RL myself allbeit only an RT2000 irish touring car series, i know decent physics and ffb when i see them, i can appreciate all current sims.
    rfactor2 for example to me has the best FFB and physics of them all.
    I enjoy it along with many other sims, Dave Perel is just overdoing his loyalty to kunos in my humble opinion, still a great guy to have in simracing but i dont appreciate those slate other devs work without even having the decency to try before magically forming an opinion.

ohjeah and kirk heath like this.
  9. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

Was watching the European gt4 today on YouTube from imola does anyone know if there is any plans to big imola to acc as was wondering as we have official gt4 content now?

10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

ACC currently only covers 2018 and 2019 content and from response of devs. I don't think 2020 season in planned.
    P.S : There is official comment on this in generic discussion thread, you will have to search it though but its a recent post so shouldn't be hard to find.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  11. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Great GT4 racing at Imola on YouTube today.

I Just loved watching these guys throw these cars around, especially the Mercedes in the first half. Unfortunately he man handled it too much and had a mechanical problem and was forced to retire. Can’t wait to get back in ACC in my McLaren.

Guidofoc likes this.
  12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Very certain you will find neither David Perel nor any other driver got paid anything, has never been the case with any Kunos stuff. David contributed his driver input and is invested personally as he and his car are in it and he is a sim racer, nothing more. I’m sure his team also supplied data, I’d actually say the engineers data contribution was far more valuable then driver opinion

AndyK70 and chksix like this.
  13. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Another great race with the GT4 cars at Imola!

Watching these guys throw these cars around through the turns and race for positions was great to watch.

14. LukFry

LukFry Racer

Why are there literally no more GT4's on CP servers? I mean, I registered three times with a GT4 on a CP server. First time was launch day with more or less 50:50 GT3/GT4, second time couple of days later three GT4's and third time I was alone.
    Even when I race in a GT3 there are at most two or three drivers in GT4 class, mostly less

15. Because Multiclass Racing was a bad idea from the beginning. It is only used in real motorsports if the field in one class is not big enough or the track is very long (Nords). We don't have that issue in ACC and we also don't have financial reasons to drive a GT4 instead of a GT3. All we have are the downsides of multiclass racing like jeopardy qualifying (who gets a clean lap), increased risk of collisions in races (poorly driven GT3s taking out the GT4 leaders, for example) and very basically not competing for a victory when you are in the lesser class. We all do simracing as a hobby because we want to compete against each other. Multiclass just lowers the quantity of the field and therefore statistically the quality of the racing. What we need in ACC is seperate special events and seperate CP Races for both classes. Also an option to quickjoin in a specific class server, not in a multiclass server. Otherwise GT4 will be dead in a couple of weeks. Which would be a shame since the cars are of such a high quality. I love these cars but I also think about switching back to GT3s.

In my personal experience since the release of the GT4 dlc the public racing in ACC has suffered a lot. It is less fun then before, unless you choose specific class servers.

SuperMonacoGP and theivansk like this.
  16. Arti

Arti Gamer

Class victory is still a victory. If you change your mindset from lesser class to slower class maybe you can enjoy it more.
    I actually like multiclass racing because you have to be as fast as you can, and be more aware of what is happening around you.
    So for me it was no bad idea, quite the opposite.

17. Oxie

Oxie Racer

From what I've seen so far, almost nobody races GT4s in multiclass servers. It's always one or two GT4s in a field of 20 cars, if there are any GT4s at all.

Wonder how much fun the GT4 drivers are having.

18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I have fun racing GT4 in multi calls servers but can't drive every day. I'm restricted in my days and time and enjoy every occasion I can get, mostly the weekends but job times are very irregular.

Lurkusmaximus and After_Midnight like this.
  19. What exactly you're talking about? o_O

A lot of fun :)

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

But to be honest, he has a point. The majotity of the people tend to prefer the faster cars in multiclass races. It is simply more enjoyable to lap then to be lapped.
    If a RL driver could chose between LMP1 and LMP2 in Le Mans, it would probably be the same.

Freddie Seng likes this.