1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I'm happy being here in the minority then :) I don't need lapping a much slower car class to build up my ego ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Dookie, Gevatter, Arti and 2 others like this.
  2. multiclass racing is impossible in public servers
    when I choose gt4, the time I found the most cars in the same class we were in 5 in a 36 cars grid.
    so what's the point? it is completely useless imho.
    yesterday I entered a multiclass server at Monza, 24 cars : 20 gt3, 3 gt4, 1 porsche cup. wow.

3. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Yes I agree that gt4 in multiclass servers is more or less non-existent. I would suggest to add the information about number of gt3/gt4 cars connected to the server in the server list.

4. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I find that the KTM and Alpine seem to suit me. I normally drive mid and rear-engined cars in the GT3 class...I'm a good bit slower with front-engined cars.
    Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren and sometimes Porsche would be my usual weapons of choice in GT3.
    I dont like any of the front engined cars (Bentley, AM, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus etc).
    Likewise, cannot get on with the M4 in GT4 at all. But I am instantly OK with the KTM and Alpine for example.
    I do think it is a case of a car for each driving style - which is really cool.

5. azzah

azzah Simracer

That sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. A bad one.

If you found a server displaying 19/3/0/0 (dont forget the other two classes) what are you going to do, look for another server in the hope of finding a higher amount of GT4 cars or would you join in a GT3?
    What are the other people looking at the server list going to do?

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I'm going to try commit myself to 30% of my daily races being GT4's.
    I do prefer the GT3 racing at the moment as those cars can be on a knife-edge and there is a lot more to think about, specifically with the aero balance throughout the lap.
    In saying that, I do like the back to basics that GT4 teaches you, like nailing apexes and sorting the car out prior to corner entry etc.

7. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

See now I'm the total opposite haha its definitely a driving style thing,BBentley and the M4 just feel at home for me. I'd love to try and give the R8 a go for the next series I got coming up. Any tips?

8. another thing, I look every day for an active server for Lambo ST, since last update I never found a single one.
    there are usually a couple for Porsche cup, with max 3-4 people in it...what a shame, those are great cars.

9. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

You are right but at least one doesnt waste time loging in, checking the leaderboard, finding no GT4s, leaving server. Its quite annoying.

10. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

I absolutely love hopping from GT4s back to GT3s and back. Especialy on the same track. One can absolutely appreciate both classes for its characters.

Turk and AndyK70 like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

Yes, the GT4s really highlight the advantages the GT3 cars have.

Freddie Seng and Mogster like this.
  12. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

The cool part of multiclass is when the GT3s start lapping GT4. This rarely happens in public server 20 mins race. The start in multiclass is often **** with crap GT3s killing the GT4s because no one qualifies.

Some tracks (NB ring) have more GT4 in mixed because the tracks are better for GT4. Spa is crap for GT4 with annoying track limits as well.

In CP servers it's problem as well since you only find out there is only 1 other GT4 after you joined. Don't do CP with GT4. (Unrelated: More broadly don't do CP anyway since it's a format that promotes dirty driving for good drivers :).

The (semi-) League stuff is really cool though multiclass.

SuperMonacoGP likes this.
  13. agree, at the moment multiclass doesn't make any sense in any kind of server, most of all because the vast majority of races are 15/20 mins max...
    I would call the multiclass an experiment, good in theory but completely useless in reality.
    Also, I would like 100 times more having some liveries for Lambo ST and Porsche cup so that maybe those classes' server got populated, I see Porsche 718 and McLaren 570 having some "fictional" liveries for apparently no reasons, even the Lambo Evo gt3 got some fictional liveries and the McLaren 720, so the fact that the 2 real "cup" cars still have 1 livery to this day is something that goes behind my comprehension, even more now that the Porsche cup received a substantial update..

edit : I know one can make his own livery for those cars, but apparently is not something everyone is willing to actually do given ST and cup servers are dead empty, when non-existent at all..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  14. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I've never in my life seen people using ST cars online. Cup cars I see sometimes. And I participated in a SimGrid Porsche Cup race at Bathurst which was freekin awesome.

SuperMonacoGP likes this.
  15. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

This is exactly why I like ACC as a game model, just do one or two class max and stick to them. I remember with PC2 there were so many classes involved and then online it's was basically 99% of races in GT3, occasional LMP and Formula stuff. And I was so eager to do LMP racing, but you end up with like 4-5 people on the server...pointless.

Too much content dilutes the online racing.

Shooter80 likes this.
  16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Tried the KTM and I can say, my cup of tea, light, agile and fast.
    With the Porsche had a big accident in the first part of the race, its have singular characteristic, but I believe one's master can be very rewarding.
    The Camaro, really not my cup of tea, it fell something missing.

17. geanito

geanito Gamer

I still thinking that compared to the other cars, the KTM (which is the car I spent most of my time with) is still too underpowered compared to others. Maybe the BoP is not perfect yet? I don't know. I'm used to drive a Mid-Engine cars, and with the group of people I drive with, I'm fairly competitive, my time never being more than .5 secs slower, but with the KTM, sometimes it's almost 2 sec slower.

Also comparing the car from AC1 (which seems to me that doesn't have any BoP applied) with the car on ACC, the AC1 car drives way better, the handling on ACC seems to be too oversteery, to a point where I keep questioning myself it if is me, or the car is still not 100% comparted to the others.

18. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

I've not driven the KTM, but, I did a race with a friend at Laguna, and in the R8, I only managed to lap a 1/10th quicker than him. During the race, I had 2 of them on my *** nearly all the race. Same at Brands GP they seem strong there too so not sure.

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The KTM in ACC has a very high minimum ride height so a lot less downforce then the non BOP KTM in AC, would explain the lower grip and oversteer

20. Arti

Arti Gamer

The KTM is very different to the other cars. It tends to oversteer on corner entry, but you can use the throttle to stabilize it. And you can brake very late compared to the other cars. I think if you can get the hang of driving this car properly it is as fast as the others.

You can watch the video of Aris where he talks about all the GT4s.