1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Have you seen this?
    He is driving AC, not ACC, or am I mistaken?

EDIT: link: https://www.ferrari.com/it-IT/esports/ferrari-esports-series

Here https://www.smartworld.it/videogiochi/ferrari-hublot-esports-series.html it says that yes it will be on AC and they will drive a mod car :D the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo developed exclusively for this competition.
    This post should be moved to the AC thread. Weird they are using AC and not ACC. No offense to AC but ACC is way ahead when simulating these cars. @Licensing Master can you tell them to switch to ACC please?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Looks like so. Maybe they plan to drive different Ferraris, as ACC only has one.

Also at 0:40 "The wiener" :D (sorry)

Guidofoc likes this.
  3. 488 challenge evo 2020 is the cup car that runs in single maker ferrari ferrari competitions.
    In Acc there is no such car.
    Obviously, due to the difficulty to show liveries and more importantly use mods, they cannot use acc.
    Otherwise they would, considering how much more advanced it is compared to ac

Guidofoc likes this.
  4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Understand. Still, Ferrari using AC and a mod for their esports event in 2020 is a bit cheap. Do the GT3 and use ACC, then for next year try to develop something cool. McLaren had a car made into ACC for his McLaren Shadow Project.

5. If you want my opinion, I am quite disappointed it is not in ACC. It means they wanted a more customizable series.

Damn

6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Maybe instead of playing esports with mods ferrari should focus on F1.
    Honestly all their "History " and whatnot is a YOKE!
    Mercedes is way better.
    It is also funny how even in GT3 ferrari is probably the most boring car while mercedes is rocking 6.3(or 6.2?) V8 and incredibly fun and satisfying to drive....despite annoying(quite ridiculous for a race car tbh) ballast put on by BoP.

Imagine if Porsche or BMW or Audi joined F1,then maybe mercedes has actual rival.

7. You guys are a funny bunch sometimes :D

8. EPR

EPR Rookie

'Where? rolleyes' ??

Guessing here: you're asking which other sim's AI don't power into the back of you on an exit and spin you out in this way? (AC does this too, btw). The answer would be rFactor2.

9. theivansk

theivansk Racer

What a shame.. In the last days, I cannot find nearly no one playing with gt4s... I usually connect at "peak hours" but even then, I struggle to find a gt4 server, a nice one with SA70+. I am forced to play with the gt3s

10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am following Aris in his stream right now and he said something like "I had to remember how to develop a car's physics in AC".. so he did he physics for the 488 Challenge Evo. Did you do the 3D model? :D

garyjpaterson likes this.
  11. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I still think the lack of gt4 might be because of not enough people have the dlc, the dlc cost way more than base game which doesn't make any sense to me.
    If they sell the gt4 cars individually the sells will jump instantly.
    Not to mention the MP is not that great some basic features are still not implemented which may put off many people.

Oxie likes this.
  12. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Are... You.. Judging a race car.. By its engine capacity? Sure, you can compare... Because you drive a 488 GT3 every day.. Danm it!
    What a level... Xddd

Vision_Slayer_525 likes this.
  13. Oxie

Oxie Racer

That. Even in the base game I pretty much only ever drive a single car. As a relatively new simracer, I'm still trying to come to grips with the one car that I do drive, and I don't want to go hopping from car to car. Getting a pack of 11 cars that I wouldn't drive anyway is not a good investment for me.

I'm sure the DLC is great for the experienced simracers who want the extra variety, but it would appear that there aren't as many of those in this community.

GCCRacer likes this.
  14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

If you're not seeing GT4 servers try reducing the ping weight in MP advanced settings. Higher settings have been filtering out even very low ping servers recently (even servers below 20ms for me). Hopefully this helps

15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I'm comparing in-game cars just to be clear because probably you thought i'm talking about real cars.

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I haven't touch rF2 for a long time now. But as far I can remember it AI was pointless.
    Form that I been hearing from a lot of people is that ACC AI is a very good experience, and my limited experience with it says the same. I really don't understand why people race against AI when they can race against humans.
    What I am trying to say is that there's many people who complain about ACC AI don't understand the concept. It is easy spotted at many videos, the disrespect for AI, like they are playing one of those arcade games, and blaming AI when the real cause of the incident is them self.
    Those will cause problems when came online. So you see ACC AI is a good to practice before came to the Competizione.

17. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Imagine if Kunos gets the rights to make real F1 sim with ACC physics and sounds...Oh, the dreams...:D

Psit, bgil66, Serge M and 1 other person like this.
  18. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

While i will buy that in an instant but it is really hard to imagine that the F1 team giving their data.
    Not to mention arcademaster probably has rights on F1 title.
    Maybe Old F1 cars are possible.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  19. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

True...Still, it would be nice, even older ones.

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

lets start the drinking game here: F1 - cheers! :p

AndyK70 likes this.