1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be very cool if they did a season from a few years back where the data from the teams wouldn’t be an issue any more. This will stay a dream though.

Im still holding hope for the Formula Renault for ACC as it runs as a support category to the GT World challenge. GT3, GT4 and a good standard open wheeler, perfection right there

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Oh, FR would be awesome. Hopefully it will be the idea that Kunos will look into. :)

3. AdamYanek

AdamYanek Gamer

4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

GCCRacer, LATE4APEX and F1Aussie like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

In some countries. It wasn't cheaper than the base game for me.

6. Asterix

Asterix Gamer

I heard rumours that a new online server filter system was going to be implemented last update - pick a class, a minimum SA rating, ping and the track you want and that's what would come up.

Was hoping it was true as the current one is a real PITA - the weights don't seem to do anything and you have to keep scrolling through loads of irrelevant servers to hopefully find one you want.

7. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Where did you hear those rumours? It would be glorious if they were true, though. That's like the number one thing I want in the game currently.

Asterix likes this.
  8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

sadly they are not 3.5 V8 one otherwise I'm very much missing the open wheel cars.

9. Asterix

Asterix Gamer

Can't remember - might have been an discord chat or something.

Yeah, I know, I don't understand why it's so vague - it's not even that it's bad, it doesn't even make sense.

Can you imagine a similar system for ordering a Big Mac.

Weights -

Amount of meat - 0-100 - a higher number increases the chance of you getting the biggest pattie on the grill, it might be the smallest pattie they do, but you take a chance as all the patties might be small ones in this instance. What you choose may reduce the amount of cheese you get, but may positively affect the secret sauce amount.

Vision_Slayer_525 and Oxie like this.
  10. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I really, really doubt ACC will be anything else other than GT-World content exclusive. And I'm fine with this. I think the game proved that when you focus on one category you get better quality in everything, from physics, ruleset, AI, etc.

I said this before but I'm gonna repeat and won't be the last time I'll do it: I'd pay for yearly seasonal DLC updates to keep this game alive for as long as possible - not just for content but for other improvements as well. This game has a LOT of potential and most of it hasn't been explored yet, especially on the multiplayer side of things.

Skaven Zverov, Digger, GONKO and 3 others like this.
  11. Oxie

Oxie Racer

Plus the fact that the browser shows you servers you can't even join. Such as when you don't have enough SA or track medals. In the latest update they even made it so that if you don't have the GT4 DLC, the GT4-only servers are highlighted in red, so they're the most noticeable thing in the GUI, even though they ideally shouldn't be shown at all.

XettMan likes this.
  12. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

(edited: wrong thread)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  13. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

I think I'm giving up on casual online racing...out of 5 races it's 4 of them where I loose SP because someone pushed me out or completely wiped me out from behind. I feel I'm racing less aggressive out of fear of loosing SP and I'm constantly missing braking points out of fear the guy behind me has no idea what he's doing...and mostly it's true. This system where both cars involved get safety warning regardless of the incident is pretty bad in my opinion.

Living in Australia there isn't much choice of races either.

grandepunto likes this.
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Raceonoz.com is very good and there’s also Octane Online on discord

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  15. Why dont you make a server yourself?

16. EPR

EPR Rookie

Some variant of this post will appear around once a week on the iRacing forums in relation to their own organised racing. They have the 'no blame' system too for deducting safety rating. FWIW, it is possible to have runs of bad luck with this.

17. Oxie

Oxie Racer

I once again feel that the biggest problem here isn't the rating system itself, but that the game rubs the warning points in your face. If you get hit by a reckless driver, spin out, come to a slow, awkward stop, and then see a message that you got a penalty, of course it's rather demotivating.

The message simply shouldn't show up at all during a race. I bet that'd make people less angry about the system.

18. Nebulozny

Nebulozny Racer

I agree with this, it's changes the way I drive, constantly worried about being hit rather than focus on being faster. I give up on many duels just to save SP, it's just not worth it doing proper racing moves if other person just slams you out of the corner. And it's not satisfying finishing at podium just because I somehow managed to not be kicked out or rear ended.

Incredibly frustrating spending 30-40 min racing clean only to be wiped out by someone who is 10 laps behind or similar, just kills the thrill of racing for me. And I've noticed recently it's much more aggressive than 6 months ago...has there been influx of new people in or what the hell happened?

19. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Because the problem is not the lack of servers, it's the lack of players.
    That simple.

20. Last year it was the same in the middle of summer